    SE on IE 6.0 here and nearly all information I've found relates directly
    to 5.0 or 5.01 or older. Can someone please direct me to the answer?
    Thanks all.

    Jim, Jul 9, 2003

  2. Jim

    Greg Guest

    Try this:

    http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winme/t1046627904

    Hope it helps...

    Greg, Jul 9, 2003

  3. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Nope, it's not that. I rechecked. As for an example, it's done it
    before on www.google.com among others. When I refresh, it usually works
    right.

    Jim, Jul 9, 2003
  4. Jim

    Shep© Guest

    On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 11:28:27 -0500, In this world we created "Jim"
    <> wrote :

    >I keep getting 404 errors. The maddening thing is that once I refresh
    >the page it usually comes up. I get this error when the 404 page opens:
    >C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM/SHDOCLC.DLL/dns error. I googled for some possible
    >answers but haven't yet found exactly my situation. I'm running Win 98
    >SE on IE 6.0 here and nearly all information I've found relates directly
    >to 5.0 or 5.01 or older. Can someone please direct me to the answer?
    >Thanks all.

    Try these,
    http://tinyurl.com/ggr1

    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,

    Shep©, Jul 9, 2003
  5. Jim

    wyndchsyr Guest

    What version of AOL are you using? If you are using AOL 8.0 you can click
    Start..Programs..America Online...and click America Online System
    Information...Click the Utilities Tab....uninstall the adapter and clear
    your cache....close AOL and reboot it....if you continue to get this
    error....you can surf the web for DLL file downloads......there is a site
    and unfortunately I can not remember it off the top of my head....I would
    also be happy to send you the DLL myself :)

    wyndchsyr, Jul 10, 2003
  6. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Thanks. I'm online at the moment but next time I'm down I'll check.
    Also thanks for the offer for the DLL. I might take you up on it. :)

    Jim, Jul 10, 2003