    purchased it and can confirm its the official version? I dont want to end up
    buying a community (ie beta) copy. Common sense says it should be the
    official but you never know.
    samg, Sep 10, 2004

  2. samg

    PC Guest

    "samg" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns95616238B6CF1samg@203.97.37.6...
    > Going to pop down to the local dick smiths this avo and buy Mandrake 10
    > for
    > $9 which isnt to bad (and easier than downloading). Has anyone already
    > purchased it and can confirm its the official version? I dont want to end
    > up
    > buying a community (ie beta) copy. Common sense says it should be the
    > official but you never know.

    <quote>
    Mandrake Linux
    Download Collection
    </quote>

    4 CD's
    Installation 1 & 2
    International (CD3)
    Mandrake Move (CD4, self boot, like Knoppix etc)

    Installed ok on a BCM Via mb with 900 Duron, 256 Ram, Sis AGP, but still
    struggling to get it connected to my ADSL router. Same machine with Fedora
    Core #1 found all the network settings no problem. Knoppix 3.4, SuSE 9.1
    and Morhix 0.4 (all boot from CD) wouldn't always get the video right, but
    usually found the network ok.

    Conclusion YMMV!

    Cheers
    Paul.
    PC, Sep 11, 2004

  3. samg

    PC Guest

    "PC" <> wrote in message

    > "samg" <> wrote in message
    >> Going to pop down to the local dick smiths this avo and buy Mandrake 10
    >> for
    >> $9 which isnt to bad (and easier than downloading). Has anyone already
    >> purchased it and can confirm its the official version? I dont want to
    >> end up
    >> buying a community (ie beta) copy. Common sense says it should be the
    >> official but you never know.

    > <quote>
    > Mandrake Linux
    > Download Collection
    > </quote>
    >
    > 4 CD's
    > Installation 1 & 2
    > International (CD3)
    > Mandrake Move (CD4, self boot, like Knoppix etc)
    >
    > Installed ok on a BCM Via mb with 900 Duron, 256 Ram, Sis AGP, but still
    > struggling to get it connected to my ADSL router. Same machine with Fedora
    > Core #1 found all the network settings no problem. Knoppix 3.4, SuSE 9.1
    > and Morhix 0.4 (all boot from CD) wouldn't always get the video right, but
    > usually found the network ok.
    >
    > Conclusion YMMV!
    >
    > Cheers
    > Paul.

    Just found out the no network problem with MDrake 10:

    Cable unplugged! Bugger!

    Paul.
    PC, Sep 11, 2004
  4. samg

    JohnO Guest

    "PC" <> wrote in message

    > "PC" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "samg" <> wrote in message
    >>> Going to pop down to the local dick smiths this avo and buy Mandrake 10
    >>> for
    >>> $9 which isnt to bad (and easier than downloading). Has anyone already
    >>> purchased it and can confirm its the official version? I dont want to
    >>> end up
    >>> buying a community (ie beta) copy. Common sense says it should be the
    >>> official but you never know.

    >> <quote>
    >> Mandrake Linux
    >> Download Collection
    >> </quote>
    >>
    >> 4 CD's
    >> Installation 1 & 2
    >> International (CD3)
    >> Mandrake Move (CD4, self boot, like Knoppix etc)
    >>
    >> Installed ok on a BCM Via mb with 900 Duron, 256 Ram, Sis AGP, but still
    >> struggling to get it connected to my ADSL router. Same machine with
    >> Fedora Core #1 found all the network settings no problem. Knoppix 3.4,
    >> SuSE 9.1 and Morhix 0.4 (all boot from CD) wouldn't always get the video
    >> right, but usually found the network ok.
    >>
    >> Conclusion YMMV!
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >> Paul.

    > Just found out the no network problem with MDrake 10:
    >
    > Cable unplugged! Bugger!
    >
    > Paul.

    Tee hee! Can't believe you owned up to that!

    JohnO, Sep 11, 2004
  5. samg

    Guest

    On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 15:33:05 +1200, PC wrote:

    > Just found out the no network problem with MDrake 10:
    >
    > Cable unplugged! Bugger!

    LOL!

    Been there, done that. :eek:)

    Divine

    --
    "Even the most fanatical Microsoft supporter has to see that Longhorn has
    become Shorthorn."
  6. samg

    Cheetah Guest

    samg wrote:

    > Going to pop down to the local dick smiths this avo and buy Mandrake 10
    > for
    > $9 which isnt to bad (and easier than downloading). Has anyone already
    > purchased it and can confirm its the official version? I dont want to end
    > up
    > buying a community (ie beta) copy. Common sense says it should be the
    > official but you never know.

    Its the official version, but missing the fourth install disk, so there are
    some packages that will ask for the fourth disk. There are four disks, but
    the 'fourth' s not the fourth install CD. Good news is that its easy to get
    the fourth disk either in ISO, or simply setting up to download off the net
    once Mandrake is installed.
    Cheetah, Sep 11, 2004