    Thanks!
    --
    Jim S.
    Jim S., May 16, 2005

  2. Jim S.

    Guest

    they are still more pricy than some of its competitors, wait till they
    have the 20% discount, why rush when you can wait?

    also, you have to be careful about the editions they carry, sometimes they
    don't have the best version, check out "last tango in paris" for example,
    they only carry the cut-off version. what is that, they can't even carry
    nc-17 films, are the catholic or just plain sensorship?

    > From: "Jim S." <>
    > Reply to: "Jim S."
    > Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 22:28:46 -0500
    >Just curious if they are on the up-and-up. Heard about them on the
    >radio the other day; low prices and free shipping. I'd be interested to
    >hear if anyone has dealt with them.
    >
    >Thanks!
    >--
    >Jim S.
    , May 16, 2005

  3. Jim S.

    TMA Guest

    I ordered from them twice. Stargate SG-1 seasons. Pre-Ordered one season and
    they charged me right away but it took 6 days after the release date to
    arrive. Second boxed set same thing. But this time they didn't mail it until
    I e-mailed them 5 times asking where it was 8 business days after the
    release date. Prices are okay but wouldn't order from them again. If you do,
    good luck.
    TMA, May 16, 2005
  4. Jim S.

    Rich Clark Guest

    "Jim S." <> wrote in message
    > Just curious if they are on the up-and-up. Heard about them on the
    > radio the other day; low prices and free shipping. I'd be interested to
    > hear if anyone has dealt with them.

    Perfectly legitimate. They have twice-annual 20% off sales that can produce
    some amazing bargains, especially on box sets, at the price of excruciating
    server slowness and lengthy shipping times.

    During normal times they are sometimes the cheapest source and sometimes
    not, free shipping or no; it still pays to comparison shop.

    RichC
    Rich Clark, May 16, 2005
  5. Jim S.

    FAQmeister Guest

    "Jim S." <> wrote in message
    > Just curious if they are on the up-and-up. Heard about them on the
    > radio the other day; low prices and free shipping. I'd be interested
    > to hear if anyone has dealt with them.
    >
    > Thanks!

    All the time. They are very reliable, but slow.
    --
    Buford T. Justice
    The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:
    FAQmeister, May 16, 2005
  6. Jim S.

    Luhan Monat Guest

    Jim S. wrote:
    > Just curious if they are on the up-and-up. Heard about them on the
    > radio the other day; low prices and free shipping. I'd be interested to
    > hear if anyone has dealt with them.
    >
    > Thanks!
    > --
    > Jim S.

    I bought a couple of movies from them. Shipped right away, no problems.

    --
    Luhan Monat: luhanis(at)yahoo(dot)com
    http://members.cox.net/berniekm
    Luhan Monat, May 16, 2005
  7. Jim S. wrote:
    > Just curious if they are on the up-and-up. Heard about them on the
    > radio the other day; low prices and free shipping. I'd be interested to
    > hear if anyone has dealt with them.
    >
    > Thanks!
    > --
    > Jim S.

    I just wanted to throw in that I beleive their owners (Infinity
    Resources) also own DVD Planet. I've never tried DVD Planet, but like
    others I always try and grab a few box sets during DDD's semi annual 20%
    off sale.
    Nicholas Andrade, May 16, 2005
  8. Jim S.

    Otter Guest

    Ordered from them a few times and never had a problem.

    Keep in mind, tho, if you go with the free shipping it delays your
    order. As with Amazon. If you pay for shipping (i assume, i always
    go free) they ship right away.

    Always comparison shop. I've found DVDs cheaper elsewhere on
    occasion.

    -Otter
    Otter, May 16, 2005
  9. Jim S.

    Scott Lemon Guest

    "Jim S." <> wrote in message
    > Just curious if they are on the up-and-up. Heard about them on the
    > radio the other day; low prices and free shipping. I'd be interested to
    > hear if anyone has dealt with them.

    Since you ask....what a nightmare.

    Since they were having a 20% off sale, thought I'd place an order. 6 weeks
    later, the disks hadn't arrived. Emailed them again, they said they would
    reship. Got a shipping notification message, another 6 weeks later - no
    DVD's. It was pretty obvious they never actually shipped any DVD's. When I
    mailed them to let them know they said they would not ship regular post to
    my address again unless I used the premium shipping or provided another
    address. Did a bit of searching on the aus.dvd newsgroup, and a few other
    people had exactly the same experience with stuff shipped during the sale.

    20% off is a good saving, but it's frankly not worth the aggravation. I
    don't use them anymore.
    Scott Lemon, May 16, 2005
  10. Jim S.

    Jim S. Guest

    Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. I will give them a shot during
    their 20% off sales.

    --
    Jim S.
    Jim S., May 16, 2005
  11. Jim S.

    Jeff Rife Guest

    Otter () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > Ordered from them a few times and never had a problem.

    Same experience here.

    > Keep in mind, tho, if you go with the free shipping it delays your
    > order. As with Amazon. If you pay for shipping (i assume, i always
    > go free) they ship right away.

    People keep saying this about both DDD and Amazon, yet Amazon "Super Saver"
    shipping is 3 working days for me, and several times I have pre-ordered
    something from DDD and had it show up the day before street date, even
    with the free shipping.

    --
    Jeff Rife | Coach: Yeah, Norm, how come you and Vera never
    Jeff Rife, May 16, 2005
  12. Jim S.

    Justin Guest

    Jeff Rife wrote on [Mon, 16 May 2005 13:00:09 -0400]:
    > Otter () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >> Ordered from them a few times and never had a problem.

    > Same experience here.
    >
    >> Keep in mind, tho, if you go with the free shipping it delays your
    >> order. As with Amazon. If you pay for shipping (i assume, i always
    >> go free) they ship right away.

    > People keep saying this about both DDD and Amazon, yet Amazon "Super Saver"
    > shipping is 3 working days for me, and several times I have pre-ordered
    > something from DDD and had it show up the day before street date, even
    > with the free shipping.

    I have had orders from DDDVD take from 1 day to 11 days.

    Whenever I order from Amazon and it ships from IL or KY I get it in 2
    days, if anywhere elase it can take up to 4
    Justin, May 16, 2005
  13. Jim S.

    Bratboy Guest

    "Jim S." <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. I will give them a shot during
    > their 20% off sales.
    >
    > --
    > Jim S.

    www.dvdpricesearch.com is your friend, use it regularly if you want to get
    the best prices. As for Deepdiscount, I've usually had very good luck with
    them but I also have good luck with DVDSoon which many others complain they
    don't get good service from em.
    Bratboy, May 16, 2005
  14. Jim S.

    AceoHearts Guest

    I order from them alot and have had no problems with them. I compare
    prices, check versions, and order what I want. I have had things
    backordered, but they got them to me asap. The free shipping takes 5-10
    business days and there are usually a few days processing as well. If you
    are not in a rush, they are great. They do carry some adult titles, so I
    don't see how people can say they don't have nc-17 movies.

    AceoHearts
    AceoHearts, May 17, 2005
  15. Jim S.

    Mr. Moe Guest

    On Mon, 16 May 2005 13:00:09 -0400, Jeff Rife <> wrote:

    >Otter () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >> Ordered from them a few times and never had a problem.

    >Same experience here.
    >
    >> Keep in mind, tho, if you go with the free shipping it delays your
    >> order. As with Amazon. If you pay for shipping (i assume, i always
    >> go free) they ship right away.

    >People keep saying this about both DDD and Amazon, yet Amazon "Super Saver"
    >shipping is 3 working days for me, and several times I have pre-ordered
    >something from DDD and had it show up the day before street date, even
    >with the free shipping.

    I have ordered ALOt from DDD. No problems at all. I cannot speak
    highly enough of them.
    Mr. Moe
    Mr. Moe, May 17, 2005
  16. Jim S.

    Otter Guest

    On Mon, 16 May 2005 13:00:09 -0400, Jeff Rife <> wrote:

    >People keep saying this about both DDD and Amazon, yet Amazon "Super Saver"
    >shipping is 3 working days for me, and several times I have pre-ordered
    >something from DDD and had it show up the day before street date, even
    >with the free shipping.

    True. Sometimes I do get my Super Saver items within 3 days of
    ordering, but sometimes it can take up to and over a week before they
    send the item/s.

    -Otter
    Otter, May 17, 2005
  17. Jim S.

    Dan P. Guest

    "Jim S." <> wrote in message
    > Just curious if they are on the up-and-up. Heard about them on the
    > radio the other day; low prices and free shipping. I'd be interested to
    > hear if anyone has dealt with them.
    >
    > Thanks!
    > --
    > Jim S.

    I'd like to support what most other people are saying in this thread. I've
    bought several DVDs from them, and if you use free shipping, you'll be
    waiting quite awhile to get your movies, but they'll come eventually. If
    you use premium shipping, you'll get them pretty quickly.

    Dan
    Dan P., May 17, 2005
  18. On Tue, 17 May 2005 00:02:29 +1200, "Scott Lemon" <>
    wrote:

    >"Jim S." <> wrote in message
    >> Just curious if they are on the up-and-up. Heard about them on the
    >> radio the other day; low prices and free shipping. I'd be interested to
    >> hear if anyone has dealt with them.

    >Since you ask....what a nightmare.

    >Since they were having a 20% off sale, thought I'd place an order. 6 weeks
    >later, the disks hadn't arrived. Emailed them again, they said they would
    >reship. Got a shipping notification message, another 6 weeks later - no
    >DVD's. It was pretty obvious they never actually shipped any DVD's. When I
    >mailed them to let them know they said they would not ship regular post to
    >my address again unless I used the premium shipping or provided another
    >address. Did a bit of searching on the aus.dvd newsgroup, and a few other
    >people had exactly the same experience with stuff shipped during the sale.

    I'm in Australia and had a similar experience. To their credit they
    did push through the refund without any problems. Looking at the
    shipping and that domestic US customers probably don't have the same
    problems.

    [snip]
    Ian Galbraith, May 18, 2005
  19. Jim S.

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Ian Galbraith wrote:
    > On Tue, 17 May 2005 00:02:29 +1200, "Scott Lemon" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Jim S." <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Just curious if they are on the up-and-up. Heard about them on the
    >>>radio the other day; low prices and free shipping. I'd be interested to
    >>>hear if anyone has dealt with them.

    >>Since you ask....what a nightmare.

    >>Since they were having a 20% off sale, thought I'd place an order. 6 weeks
    >>later, the disks hadn't arrived. Emailed them again, they said they would
    >>reship. Got a shipping notification message, another 6 weeks later - no
    >>DVD's. It was pretty obvious they never actually shipped any DVD's. When I
    >>mailed them to let them know they said they would not ship regular post to
    >>my address again unless I used the premium shipping or provided another
    >>address. Did a bit of searching on the aus.dvd newsgroup, and a few other
    >>people had exactly the same experience with stuff shipped during the sale.

    > I'm in Australia and had a similar experience. To their credit they
    > did push through the refund without any problems. Looking at the
    > shipping and that domestic US customers probably don't have the same
    > problems.
    >
    > [snip]

    I think you're right. I a US customer and have ordered lots of times
    from them (probably more than 500 dollars worth). I've always gotten
    everything I've ordered. I've always chosen free shipping and have
    usually gotten what I've ordered in somewhere between 5 days and 2 weeks
    (with some shipments as long as a month when I ordered during their 20%
    off sales). You should, IMHO, NEVER order from them if delivery time is
    critical.

    My general rule for buying DVDs is BestBuy/CircuitCity/other locals for
    opening week very popular disks, Amazon dot com for a few disks (as long
    as it's at least 25 dollars to qualify for free shipping) and spend a
    small fortune ordering box sets and other miscellaneous stuff from DDD
    during the semi-annual sales.

    YMMV
    IMHO
    etc

    dick
    Dick Sidbury, May 18, 2005
  20. Jim S.

    Otter Guest

    On Tue, 17 May 2005 23:12:37 -0400, Dick Sidbury
    <> wrote:

    >(with some shipments as long as a month when I ordered during their 20%
    >off sales). You should, IMHO, NEVER order from them if delivery time is
    >critical.

    When I've taken part in the 20% off deals I've only order a few disks
    (like, three). Some people order dozens of disks. These are the ones
    I frequently hear griping about the length of time to receive their
    orders.

    -Otter
    Otter, May 18, 2005