    If not - why not??

    Thanks.

    , Apr 9, 2004

  2. John Navas Guest

    In <> on Thu, 08 Apr 2004 21:38:18
    -0400, wrote:

    >I was told today no one makes a graduated neutral density filter in 43
    >mm size - which I want for my Olympus C5050Z.
    >If they do, what is a good source?
    >If not - why not??

    "Google is your friend."
    <http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Graduated+Neutral+Density%22+43mm>

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas

    John Navas, Apr 9, 2004

  3. Guest

    Hey, thanks!
    I tried a Google search before but didn't find onel
    Thanks again for the quick reply!
    Now.... I'd like to see if I can find one for less than $80.
    Didn't think it would be so much.

  4. Seymore Guest

    Well, for starters you'll need to get a tube adapter. @ DPreview you'll find
    "Lens thread - Yes, optional adapter". Raynox may make one for your camera.
    So start there and you may even start to use a 49 or 52mm filters with the
    adapter...

    Seymore...
    Owner of an S85+... and luvin' it!
    remove "REMOVE" to reply

    Seymore, Apr 9, 2004
  5. Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <4Uqdc.2847$>,
    "Seymore" <> wrote:

    > Well, for starters you'll need to get a tube adapter. @ DPreview you'll find
    > "Lens thread - Yes, optional adapter". Raynox may make one for your camera.
    > So start there and you may even start to use a 49 or 52mm filters with the
    > adapter...
    >
    > Seymore...
    > Owner of an S85+... and luvin' it!
    > remove "REMOVE" to reply
    >

    > <> wrote in message
    > > I was told today no one makes a graduated neutral density filter in 43
    > > mm size - which I want for my Olympus C5050Z.
    > > If they do, what is a good source?
    > > If not - why not??
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    Heliopan has a 49mm CF

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, Apr 9, 2004
  6. Ed Ruf Guest

    On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 21:38:18 -0400, in rec.photo.digital
    wrote:

    >I was told today no one makes a graduated neutral density filter in 43
    >mm size - which I want for my Olympus C5050Z.
    >If they do, what is a good source?
    >If not - why not??

    http://www.2filter.com/hoya/hoyasolidND06.html
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Apr 9, 2004
  7. Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <>,
    Ed Ruf <> wrote:

    > http://www.2filter.com/hoya/hoyasolidND06.html

    No one makes a large format wide angle lens that needs a 43mm filter.
    There is a 49mm so you could use a step-up ring from 43 to 49mm
    (Heliopan makes one) and use the 49mm Heliopan CF. However in all the
    years we have sold Linhof (over 30) with Schneider and Rodenstock
    lenses, and all the years we have sold Rodenstock (over 20) and all the
    years we have sold Heliopan (Over 20 also) you are the first to ask for
    a 43mm CF. Perhaps if a few more people would want to buy them Heliopan
    would consider making them. But the filter could cost almost, if not as
    much as the camera in low quantities.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, Apr 9, 2004
  8. DSphotog Guest

    Take a look at the Cokin Filter System. http://www.cokin.com They will be
    able to help you out. You are going to need a step up ring (available almost
    anywhere) to get from your 43mm size to the Cokin 48 or 49mm size, but
    that's not big deal.

    The only potential "fly in the ointment" would be if you're actually looking
    for a CF (graduated from the center out) filter to correct vignetting on a
    wide angle lens. These filters are usually matched to the lens they are to
    be used on. From your post, I don't think this is what you are looking for
    though.

    Hope this helps.

    Best,

    DSphotog, Apr 9, 2004
  9. Ed Ruf Guest

    On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 09:28:42 -0400, in rec.photo.digital Bob Salomon
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > Ed Ruf <> wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.2filter.com/hoya/hoyasolidND06.html

    >No one makes a large format wide angle lens that needs a 43mm filter.
    >There is a 49mm so you could use a step-up ring from 43 to 49mm
    >(Heliopan makes one) and use the 49mm Heliopan CF. However in all the
    >years we have sold Linhof (over 30) with Schneider and Rodenstock
    >lenses, and all the years we have sold Rodenstock (over 20) and all the
    >years we have sold Heliopan (Over 20 also) you are the first to ask for
    >a 43mm CF. Perhaps if a few more people would want to buy them Heliopan
    >would consider making them. But the filter could cost almost, if not as
    >much as the camera in low quantities.

    Did you happen to take the time to look at the link? Apparently not. as
    they list 43mm Hoya ND filters.

    Hoya Mono-Coated Solid Neutral Density Filters
    SIZE> 39mm 40.5mm 43mm 46mm 49mm 52mm 55mm 58mm
    ND 2 22.36 22.36 22.36 16.37 16.37 16.37 16.37 19.36
    ND 4 22.36 22.36 22.36 16.37 16.37 16.37 16.37 19.36
    ND 8 22.36 22.36 22.36 16.37 16.37 16.37 16.37 19.36

    Ed Ruf, Apr 9, 2004
  10. Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <>,
    Ed Ruf <> wrote:

    > On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 09:28:42 -0400, in rec.photo.digital Bob Salomon
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <>,
    > > Ed Ruf <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> http://www.2filter.com/hoya/hoyasolidND06.html

    > >No one makes a large format wide angle lens that needs a 43mm filter.
    > >There is a 49mm so you could use a step-up ring from 43 to 49mm
    > >(Heliopan makes one) and use the 49mm Heliopan CF. However in all the
    > >years we have sold Linhof (over 30) with Schneider and Rodenstock
    > >lenses, and all the years we have sold Rodenstock (over 20) and all the
    > >years we have sold Heliopan (Over 20 also) you are the first to ask for
    > >a 43mm CF. Perhaps if a few more people would want to buy them Heliopan
    > >would consider making them. But the filter could cost almost, if not as
    > >much as the camera in low quantities.

    > Did you happen to take the time to look at the link? Apparently not. as
    > they list 43mm Hoya ND filters.
    >
    > Hoya Mono-Coated Solid Neutral Density Filters
    > SIZE> 39mm 40.5mm 43mm 46mm 49mm 52mm 55mm 58mm
    > ND 2 22.36 22.36 22.36 16.37 16.37 16.37 16.37 19.36
    > ND 4 22.36 22.36 22.36 16.37 16.37 16.37 16.37 19.36
    > ND 8 22.36 22.36 22.36 16.37 16.37 16.37 16.37 19.36
    > Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    > See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    > http://EdwardGRuf.com

    " Mono-Coated Solid Neutral Density Filters"

    But he asked about graduated. Not solid. Heliopan also has 1, 2 and 3
    stop ND filters. Grads are another story.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, Apr 9, 2004
  11. John Navas Guest

    http://www.cambridgeworld.com/top_quality_graduated_neutral_density_filters.htm

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas

    John Navas, Apr 10, 2004
  12. Guest

    Thanks to all of you for your replies.

    This is a bit confusing though.
    The graduated neutral density filter I want would be one that would
    darken the upper half of a landscape photo - to enhance ski and bright
    distant mountains.
    I have coming a filter tube for my C5050Z and a UV and polarizing
    filter (both 43 mm). I also have on order a 52 mm graduated neutral
    density filter for my Nikon SLR.
    The only 43 mm graduated neutral density filter I found (thanks to
    responder John Navas) costs $80.
    http://www.google.com/search?q="Graduated Neutral Density" 43mm

    I am also thinking of getting a stepup ring (43 mm to 52 mm) and using
    the 52 mm filter I had ordered for my Nikon. (I assume that stepup
    ring would be easy to find.) Someone said that may cause vignetting
    (and I don't fully understand what that is). Can anyone else help
    with this issue??

    HELP!

    Thanks,
    Bob Henninger

    On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 21:38:18 -0400, wrote:

    >I was told today no one makes a graduated neutral density filter in 43
    >mm size - which I want for my Olympus C5050Z.
    >If they do, what is a good source?
    >If not - why not??
    >
    >Thanks.

    , Apr 10, 2004
  13. John Navas Guest

    In <> on Sat, 10 Apr 2004 12:08:21
    -0400, wrote:

    >The graduated neutral density filter I want would be one that would
    >darken the upper half of a landscape photo - to enhance ski and bright
    >distant mountains.

    The beauty of digital is that you can easily do that in post processing on
    your computer, and often do a better job than the filter.

    >I have coming a filter tube for my C5050Z and a UV and polarizing
    >filter (both 43 mm). I also have on order a 52 mm graduated neutral
    >density filter for my Nikon SLR.
    >The only 43 mm graduated neutral density filter I found (thanks to
    >responder John Navas) costs $80.
    >http://www.google.com/search?q="Graduated Neutral Density" 43mm
    >
    >I am also thinking of getting a stepup ring (43 mm to 52 mm) and using
    >the 52 mm filter I had ordered for my Nikon. (I assume that stepup
    >ring would be easy to find.)

    Tep, and should work fine.

    >Someone said that may cause vignetting

    I doubt it.