Anyone know where to get motors for treadmills

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by joevan, Sep 18, 2010.

  1. joevan

    joevan Guest

    Have a nautilus unit that I got free for my daughter and I was told
    the motor is not good. It is a 2.7 hp continuous duty 20 amp and the
    info is smudged on the motor but I think it says 4000 rpm
    joevan, Sep 18, 2010
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. joevan

    NotMe Guest

    "joevan" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Have a nautilus unit that I got free for my daughter and I was told
    > the motor is not good. It is a 2.7 hp continuous duty 20 amp and the
    > info is smudged on the motor but I think it says 4000 rpm


    Try Harbor Freight or one of the industrial electrical supply houses, As
    long as the hardware fits and the specs are close it should work.

    BTW those exercise machines typically use COTS (commercial off the shelf) so
    even without the manufacturer name and model you should be able to cross it.

    You should have my back channel addy. get back to me if you have no luck.
    NotMe, Sep 18, 2010
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. joevan

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/18/2010 2:18 PM Just to please that super-ego, joevan wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > Have a nautilus unit that I got free for my daughter and I was told
    > the motor is not good. It is a 2.7 hp continuous duty 20 amp and the
    > info is smudged on the motor but I think it says 4000 rpm

    Ya might try here:
    http://www.nautilus.com/nautilus-brand/homepage.jsp

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    Support Bacteria: They're the only culture some people have.
    OldGringo38, Sep 18, 2010
    #3
  4. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 17:13:40 -0500, OldGringo38
    <> wrote:

    >On 9/18/2010 2:18 PM Just to please that super-ego, joevan wrote the
    >following tidbit of information:
    >> Have a nautilus unit that I got free for my daughter and I was told
    >> the motor is not good. It is a 2.7 hp continuous duty 20 amp and the
    >> info is smudged on the motor but I think it says 4000 rpm

    >Ya might try here:
    >http://www.nautilus.com/nautilus-brand/homepage.jsp

    They just want to sell treadmills. I just need a motor.
    joevan, Sep 19, 2010
    #4
  5. joevan

    rf Guest

    "joevan" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 17:13:40 -0500, OldGringo38
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>On 9/18/2010 2:18 PM Just to please that super-ego, joevan wrote the
    >>following tidbit of information:
    >>> Have a nautilus unit that I got free for my daughter and I was told
    >>> the motor is not good. It is a 2.7 hp continuous duty 20 amp and the
    >>> info is smudged on the motor but I think it says 4000 rpm

    >>Ya might try here:
    >>http://www.nautilus.com/nautilus-brand/homepage.jsp

    > They just want to sell treadmills. I just need a motor.


    So buy a treadmill, take the motor out and throw the other parts you don't
    need away.
    rf, Sep 19, 2010
    #5
  6. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 11:40:12 +1000, "rf" <> wrote:

    >
    >"joevan" <> wrote in message
    >news:...
    >> On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 17:13:40 -0500, OldGringo38
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>On 9/18/2010 2:18 PM Just to please that super-ego, joevan wrote the
    >>>following tidbit of information:
    >>>> Have a nautilus unit that I got free for my daughter and I was told
    >>>> the motor is not good. It is a 2.7 hp continuous duty 20 amp and the
    >>>> info is smudged on the motor but I think it says 4000 rpm
    >>>Ya might try here:
    >>>http://www.nautilus.com/nautilus-brand/homepage.jsp

    >> They just want to sell treadmills. I just need a motor.

    >
    >So buy a treadmill, take the motor out and throw the other parts you don't
    >need away.
    >

    Somehow that is funny. But I am not laffin.
    joevan, Sep 19, 2010
    #6
  7. joevan

    Rolf Guest

    joevan wrote:
    > Have a nautilus unit that I got free for my daughter and I was told
    > the motor is not good. It is a 2.7 hp continuous duty 20 amp and the
    > info is smudged on the motor but I think it says 4000 rpm


    Wrong forum.

    newsgroup 24hoursupport.helpdesk might be better.
    Rolf, Sep 19, 2010
    #7
  8. joevan

    Rolf Guest

    Rolf wrote:
    > joevan wrote:
    >> Have a nautilus unit that I got free for my daughter and I was told
    >> the motor is not good. It is a 2.7 hp continuous duty 20 amp and the
    >> info is smudged on the motor but I think it says 4000 rpm

    >
    > Wrong forum.
    >
    > newsgroup 24hoursupport.helpdesk might be better.


    Sorry, I wasn't aware I was at this NG, please excuse me.
    Rolf, Sep 19, 2010
    #8
  9. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 13:25:44 +0200, "Rolf" <>
    wrote:

    >Rolf wrote:
    >> joevan wrote:
    >>> Have a nautilus unit that I got free for my daughter and I was told
    >>> the motor is not good. It is a 2.7 hp continuous duty 20 amp and the
    >>> info is smudged on the motor but I think it says 4000 rpm

    >>
    >> Wrong forum.
    >>
    >> newsgroup 24hoursupport.helpdesk might be better.

    >
    >Sorry, I wasn't aware I was at this NG, please excuse me.
    >

    I guess we can excuse senility. : o )
    joevan, Sep 19, 2010
    #9
  10. joevan

    chuckcar Guest

    joevan <> wrote in
    news::

    > Have a nautilus unit that I got free for my daughter and I was told
    > the motor is not good. It is a 2.7 hp continuous duty 20 amp and the
    > info is smudged on the motor but I think it says 4000 rpm


    Did you try going to a local retailer about having it fixed? It might
    very well require special tools.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Sep 19, 2010
    #10
  11. joevan

    joevan Guest

    Re: Anyone know where to get motors for treadmills; update

    On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 22:02:06 -0400, joevan <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 11:40:12 +1000, "rf" <> wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>"joevan" <> wrote in message
    >>news:...
    >>> On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 17:13:40 -0500, OldGringo38
    >>> <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>On 9/18/2010 2:18 PM Just to please that super-ego, joevan wrote the
    >>>>following tidbit of information:
    >>>>> Have a nautilus unit that I got free for my daughter and I was told
    >>>>> the motor is not good. It is a 2.7 hp continuous duty 20 amp and the
    >>>>> info is smudged on the motor but I think it says 4000 rpm
    >>>>Ya might try here:
    >>>>http://www.nautilus.com/nautilus-brand/homepage.jsp
    >>> They just want to sell treadmills. I just need a motor.

    >>
    >>So buy a treadmill, take the motor out and throw the other parts you don't
    >>need away.
    >>

    >Somehow that is funny. But I am not laffin.

    My friend from the gym(who keeps their hundreds of different machines
    working) was here today and after a few test he says the control
    board it bad. He got the motor to kick with a 9 volt battery and
    checked the brushes which looked good. Maybe a week from now it will
    be working.
    joevan, Sep 21, 2010
    #11
  12. Re: Anyone know where to get motors for treadmills; update

    On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 14:59:54 -0400, joevan <>
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 22:02:06 -0400, joevan <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 11:40:12 +1000, "rf" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>
    >>>"joevan" <> wrote in message
    >>>news:...
    >>>> On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 17:13:40 -0500, OldGringo38
    >>>> <> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>>On 9/18/2010 2:18 PM Just to please that super-ego, joevan wrote the
    >>>>>following tidbit of information:
    >>>>>> Have a nautilus unit that I got free for my daughter and I was told
    >>>>>> the motor is not good. It is a 2.7 hp continuous duty 20 amp and the
    >>>>>> info is smudged on the motor but I think it says 4000 rpm
    >>>>>Ya might try here:
    >>>>>http://www.nautilus.com/nautilus-brand/homepage.jsp
    >>>> They just want to sell treadmills. I just need a motor.
    >>>
    >>>So buy a treadmill, take the motor out and throw the other parts you don't
    >>>need away.
    >>>

    >>Somehow that is funny. But I am not laffin.

    >My friend from the gym(who keeps their hundreds of different machines
    >working) was here today and after a few test he says the control
    >board it bad. He got the motor to kick with a 9 volt battery and
    >checked the brushes which looked good. Maybe a week from now it will
    >be working.


    Or maybe the motor has just a few shorted windings and will fry the
    new board, too.
    BinaryBillTheSailor@Sea++.com, Sep 21, 2010
    #12
  13. joevan

    joevan Guest

    Re: Anyone know where to get motors for treadmills; update

    On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 15:34:56 -0400, BinaryBillTheSailor@Sea++.com
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 14:59:54 -0400, joevan <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 22:02:06 -0400, joevan <>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 11:40:12 +1000, "rf" <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>
    >>>>"joevan" <> wrote in message
    >>>>news:...
    >>>>> On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 17:13:40 -0500, OldGringo38
    >>>>> <> wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>>On 9/18/2010 2:18 PM Just to please that super-ego, joevan wrote the
    >>>>>>following tidbit of information:
    >>>>>>> Have a nautilus unit that I got free for my daughter and I was told
    >>>>>>> the motor is not good. It is a 2.7 hp continuous duty 20 amp and the
    >>>>>>> info is smudged on the motor but I think it says 4000 rpm
    >>>>>>Ya might try here:
    >>>>>>http://www.nautilus.com/nautilus-brand/homepage.jsp
    >>>>> They just want to sell treadmills. I just need a motor.
    >>>>
    >>>>So buy a treadmill, take the motor out and throw the other parts you don't
    >>>>need away.
    >>>>
    >>>Somehow that is funny. But I am not laffin.

    >>My friend from the gym(who keeps their hundreds of different machines
    >>working) was here today and after a few test he says the control
    >>board it bad. He got the motor to kick with a 9 volt battery and
    >>checked the brushes which looked good. Maybe a week from now it will
    >>be working.

    >
    >Or maybe the motor has just a few shorted windings and will fry the
    >new board, too.

    If the 9 volt battery turned the motor over a few times, is that still
    possible? If so I will ask my service person.
    joevan, Sep 21, 2010
    #13
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. MonkeyMunx
    Replies:
    17
    Views:
    786
    Guest
    Jan 5, 2004
  2. Replies:
    3
    Views:
    615
  3. Giuen
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    865
    Giuen
    Sep 12, 2008
  4. Frnd
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    356
  5. noauth

    Government Motors And the Russian Revolution

    noauth, Jun 18, 2009, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    343
    noauth
    Jun 18, 2009
Loading...

Share This Page