    windows.

    As a side point. Does anyone know where there might be a list of files
    that windows requires in the windows directory?
    cowboyz, Apr 11, 2005

  2. cowboyz said the following on 11/04/2005 9:43 p.m.:
    > appeared as a process.
    > located in system32 folder.
    > if I end process it comes back striaght away which makes me think its
    > spyware. I have never seen it before so I am thinking it is not part of
    > windows.
    >

    > As a side point. Does anyone know where there might be a list of files
    > that windows requires in the windows directory?

    Okay its a unique one, what do you get if you look at the properties of
    the exe file.

    Collector»NZ, Apr 11, 2005

  3. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > cowboyz said the following on 11/04/2005 9:43 p.m.:
    >> appeared as a process.
    >> located in system32 folder.
    >> if I end process it comes back striaght away which makes me think its
    >> spyware. I have never seen it before so I am thinking it is not
    >> part of windows.
    >>

    >> As a side point. Does anyone know where there might be a list of
    >> files that windows requires in the windows directory?
    >>

    > Okay its a unique one, what do you get if you look at the properties
    > of the exe file.

    it says in the disc that it is a TODO: <File description>
    versiion 1.0.2.17

    I have no idea whats up with it but if it doesn't bugger off today I think I
    am going to format.
    cowboyz, Apr 11, 2005
  4. cowboyz

    Me Guest

    Install MS Antispyware
    It will remove it if its spyware
    Me, Apr 11, 2005
  5. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    "Me" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 08:44:17 +1200, "cowboyz" <> wrote:
    >

    > Install MS Antispyware
    > It will remove it if its spyware

    thanx. I will run that to see what it picks up.

    I restarted my machine this morning and all of a sudden AVG detected that
    file as a virus and deleted it. nice, but it could have done that
    yesterday when I noticed it.
    cowboyz, Apr 11, 2005
  6. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > cowboyz said the following on 12/04/2005 10:43 a.m.:
    >> "Me" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 08:44:17 +1200, "cowboyz" <> wrote:
    >>>

    >>> Install MS Antispyware
    >>> It will remove it if its spyware

    >> thanx. I will run that to see what it picks up.
    >>
    >> I restarted my machine this morning and all of a sudden AVG detected
    >> that file as a virus and deleted it. nice, but it could have done
    >> that yesterday when I noticed it.
    >>

    > Hell I assumed the first thing you would have done is right click on
    > the file and select "scan with AVG".
    >
    > Oh well no accounting for what people do and do not do

    It was the first thing I did and yesterday it wasn't a virus. As far as I
    know, can't be sure as it is auto updated, AVG is running on the same
    definitions as it was yesterday. Just today it wants to kill it, yesterday
    it didn't want to know about it.
    cowboyz, Apr 12, 2005
  7. cowboyz

    ~misfit~ Guest

    cowboyz wrote:
    > Collector»NZ wrote:
    >> cowboyz said the following on 12/04/2005 10:43 a.m.:
    >>> "Me" <> wrote in message

    >>> thanx. I will run that to see what it picks up.
    >>>
    >>> I restarted my machine this morning and all of a sudden AVG detected
    >>> that file as a virus and deleted it. nice, but it could have done
    >>> that yesterday when I noticed it.
    >>>

    >> Hell I assumed the first thing you would have done is right click on
    >> the file and select "scan with AVG".
    >>
    >> Oh well no accounting for what people do and do not do
    >>

    > It was the first thing I did and yesterday it wasn't a virus. As
    > far as I know, can't be sure as it is auto updated, AVG is running on
    > the same definitions as it was yesterday. Just today it wants to
    > kill it, yesterday it didn't want to know about it.

    AVG (7) auto-updates on startup and at a predetermined time every 24 hours
    as default. There was a new definition released between yesterday and
    mid-day today.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Apr 12, 2005
  8. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > cowboyz wrote:
    >> Collector»NZ wrote:

    >>> Hell I assumed the first thing you would have done is right click on
    >>> the file and select "scan with AVG".
    >>>
    >>> Oh well no accounting for what people do and do not do
    >>>

    >> It was the first thing I did and yesterday it wasn't a virus. As
    >> far as I know, can't be sure as it is auto updated, AVG is running on
    >> the same definitions as it was yesterday. Just today it wants to
    >> kill it, yesterday it didn't want to know about it.

    > AVG (7) auto-updates on startup and at a predetermined time every 24 hours
    > as default. There was a new definition released between yesterday and
    > mid-day today.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    I will assume this is a new attack as google shows nothing on that file. no
    matter. fixed now, The good news it is made me finally sort out my hard
    drive and partition it up the way I was going to back in 1923.
    cowboyz, Apr 12, 2005