Anyone know what "L1 ERR IF_ACTIVE" means?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Loren Amelang, Dec 3, 2006.

  1. Does anyone know what "L1 ERR IF_ACTIVE" means in IOS?

    Possibly similar messages during a real L1 problem:
    ISDN BR0: Physical layer is IF_DOWN
    ISDN BR0: L1 persistent Deactivated
    ISDN BR0: L1 is IF_ACTIVE

    Saying L1 _is_ "IF_ACTIVE" when it is down and not activated seems
    odd...

    Message appears occasionally on a working router while no calls are
    active:
    ISDN BR0: TX -> RRp sapi = 0 tei = 68 nr = 21
    ISDN BR0: RX <- RRf sapi = 0 tei = 68 nr = 21
    ISDN BR0: L1 ERR IF_ACTIVE
    ISDN BR0: TX -> RRp sapi = 0 tei = 69 nr = 1
    ISDN BR0: RX <- RRf sapi = 0 tei = 69 nr = 1

    Message appears regularly right after connect message:
    ISDN BR0: Event: Connected to 17074660517 on B2 at 64 Kb/s
    ISDN BR0: L1 ERR IF_ACTIVE

    I have to assume "IF_ACTIVE" has some special, non-obvious meaning,
    and "ERR" does not mean there is a problem. Searching Cisco and the
    web did not turn up any explanation. I guess that means it doesn't
    matter much, but it was certainly confusing while I was trying to
    debug ATT's problem with my line.

    Loren

    Loren Amelang, Dec 3, 2006