    mozilla.support.thunderbird

    int he last 3-4 days.

    Is it just me or is there something wrong with the giganews host?

    occam, Nov 12, 2006

  2. occam

    SteveG Guest

    occam wrote:
    > I have been unable to connect to either
    >
    > mozilla.support.firefox or
    > mozilla.support.thunderbird
    >
    > int he last 3-4 days.
    >
    > Is it just me or is there something wrong with the giganews host?

    It was working fine earlier today

    --
    Regards

    Steve G

    SteveG, Nov 12, 2006

  3. occam

    Tony Raven Guest

    occam wrote on 12/11/2006 19:39 +0100:
    > I have been unable to connect to either
    >
    > mozilla.support.firefox or
    > mozilla.support.thunderbird
    >
    > int he last 3-4 days.
    >
    > Is it just me or is there something wrong with the giganews host?

    Something wrong with your news host. Its been fine and I've been
    reading them both over the last few days. You've not missed much
    though. They had a major troll attack and one of the Moz Champions
    compounded it by posting Do Not Post replies to all the troll posts.

    --
    Tony

    - Leonardo da Vinci

    Tony Raven, Nov 12, 2006
  4. occam

    occam Guest

    Tony Raven wrote:
    > occam wrote on 12/11/2006 19:39 +0100:
    >> I have been unable to connect to either
    >>
    >> mozilla.support.firefox or
    >> mozilla.support.thunderbird
    >>
    >> int he last 3-4 days.
    >>
    >> Is it just me or is there something wrong with the giganews host?

    > Something wrong with your news host. Its been fine and I've been
    > reading them both over the last few days. You've not missed much
    > though. They had a major troll attack and one of the Moz Champions
    > compounded it by posting Do Not Post replies to all the troll posts.

    Thats strange because I have no problem with the rest of the news groups
    - alt.fan.mozilla :)-), msnews.microsoft.com, etc.

    I have tried www.giganews.com (the host) and that gives me 'connection
    to the server was reset, try later'.

    Strange.

    occam, Nov 12, 2006
  5. occam

    Tony Raven Guest

    occam wrote on 12/11/2006 21:47 +0100:

    > Thats strange because I have no problem with the rest of the news groups
    > - alt.fan.mozilla :)-), msnews.microsoft.com, etc.
    >
    > I have tried www.giganews.com (the host) and that gives me 'connection
    > to the server was reset, try later'.

    Don't know about you but I use different news servers for them. For
    alt.fan.mozilla and other standard newsgroups I use news.individual.net
    which is a Usenet news server but for mozilla.support.firefox &
    thunderbird I use the news.mozilla.org server.

    --
    Tony

    - Leonardo da Vinci

    Tony Raven, Nov 12, 2006
  6. occam

    occam Guest

    Tony Raven wrote:
    > occam wrote on 12/11/2006 21:47 +0100:
    >>
    >> Thats strange because I have no problem with the rest of the news
    >> groups - alt.fan.mozilla :)-), msnews.microsoft.com, etc.
    >>
    >> I have tried www.giganews.com (the host) and that gives me 'connection
    >> to the server was reset, try later'.
    >>

    > Don't know about you but I use different news servers for them. For
    > alt.fan.mozilla and other standard newsgroups I use news.individual.net
    > which is a Usenet news server but for mozilla.support.firefox &
    > thunderbird I use the news.mozilla.org server.

    news.mozilla.org .. is the server I use. (I thought I saw somewhere on
    the mozilla site that this is hosted by giganews.com, hence my
    reference above.)

    http://www.mozilla.org/support/

    (under Newsgroup it says
    "Mozilla newsgroups are provided and hosted by Giganews Newsgroups."
    which points to www.giganews.com )

    occam, Nov 12, 2006
  7. On 11/12/2006 03:47 PM, occam wrote:

    > [...] I have no problem with the rest of the news groups
    > - alt.fan.mozilla :)-), msnews.microsoft.com, etc.
    >
    > I have tried www.giganews.com (the host) and that gives me 'connection
    > to the server was reset, try later'.
    >
    > Strange.

    The correct host to access the Mozilla newsgroups is news.mozilla.org.

    Mumia W. (reading news), Nov 12, 2006
  8. Tony Raven wrote:
    > occam wrote on 12/11/2006 19:39 +0100:
    >> I have been unable to connect to either
    >>
    >> mozilla.support.firefox or
    >> mozilla.support.thunderbird
    >>
    >> int he last 3-4 days.
    >>
    >> Is it just me or is there something wrong with the giganews host?

    > Something wrong with your news host. Its been fine and I've been
    > reading them both over the last few days. You've not missed much
    > though. They had a major troll attack and one of the Moz Champions
    > compounded it by posting Do Not Post replies to all the troll posts.

    I resemble that remark <g>

    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Nov 13, 2006
  9. occam

    occam Guest

    Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > Tony Raven wrote:
    >> occam wrote on 12/11/2006 19:39 +0100:
    >>> I have been unable to connect to either
    >>>
    >>> mozilla.support.firefox or
    >>> mozilla.support.thunderbird
    >>>
    >>> int he last 3-4 days.
    >>>
    >>> Is it just me or is there something wrong with the giganews host?

    >> Something wrong with your news host. Its been fine and I've been
    >> reading them both over the last few days. You've not missed much
    >> though. They had a major troll attack and one of the Moz Champions
    >> compounded it by posting Do Not Post replies to all the troll posts.
    >>

    > I resemble that remark <g>

    You 'resemble'? If you resent the remark, why the grin? :)
    In the meantime, I still cannot access mozilla.support.thunderbird -
    which frustrates me, as this Saturday I ditched OE and Installed TB
    1.5.0.8.

    'Where are all the support groups when you really need them' is a
    paraphrase of a well known complaint about policemen.

    occam, Nov 13, 2006
  10. occam

    Tony Raven Guest

    http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.firefox?hl=en
    http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.thunderbird?hl=en

    --
    Tony

    - Leonardo da Vinci

    Tony Raven, Nov 13, 2006
  11. occam

    occam Guest

    PS: Anyone know what is going on with mozilla.support.firefox?

    Tony Raven wrote:
    > occam wrote on 13/11/2006 08:49 +0100:
    >>
    >>> I resemble that remark <g>

    >> You 'resemble'? If you resent the remark, why the grin? :)
    >> In the meantime, I still cannot access mozilla.support.thunderbird -
    >> which frustrates me, as this Saturday I ditched OE and Installed TB
    >> 1.5.0.8.
    >>
    >> 'Where are all the support groups when you really need them' is a
    >> paraphrase of a well known complaint about policemen.

    > http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.firefox?hl=en
    > http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.thunderbird?hl=en

    I am now able to connect to the two 'missing' support groups once again.
    However, I see a lot more new mozilla user groups there now - so there
    was an upgrade in the air. Not sure why it affected some (*me*) and not
    others.

    occam, Nov 14, 2006