  1. hammond

    hammond Guest

    Anyone know the SMS VoipRaider Callback number ?
    hammond, Oct 16, 2008

  2. hammond

    andy Guest

    On 16 Oct, 17:02, hammond <> wrote:
    > Anyone know the SMS VoipRaider Callback number ?

    I don't think all Betamax barnds had sms callback available, and I
    never saw or heard that Voipraider did.

    They seem to have discontinued sms callback on the brands that did
    have it. An occasional trial message I've sent hasn't received a
    callback since early in the year.

    Betamax did launch a new brand Text4calls that is more or less
    dedicated to such use (though I think some people have made SIP calls
    on it as well). I haven't tried it yet.

    Other possibilities:

    Betamax have a mobile Java client that can trigger calls between any
    two numbers using any Betamax brand.

    Other firms have mobile Java programs like this, for example Vyke,
    which has tariffs fairly close to Betmax brands

    Or you could explore Voxalot mobile callback, with which you can use
    a choice of many VoIP brands, even different ones for the two call
    legs
    andy, Oct 17, 2008

  3. hammond

    hammond Guest

    Can you tell me more about the Betamax mobile Java client

    I've some voipraider credit I'd like to use :)
    hammond, Oct 18, 2008
  4. hammond

    andy Guest

    On 18 Oct, 10:10, hammond <> wrote:
    > Can you tell me more about the Betamax mobile Java client
    >
    > I've some voipraider credit I'd like to use :)

    description of mobile client on

    http://www.voipbuster.com/en/mobile.html

    quote: "on your MOBILE phone go to http://gsm.voipbuster.com"

    - as I say, the latest version can run any brand, not just VB

    I notice that they've also launched something for phones running
    Windows Mobile, but I haven't looked into that yet
    andy, Oct 18, 2008
  5. hammond

    hammond Guest

    Hmm I don't seem to be able to get it to work. It won't connect :(

    I assume I have to change the server to sip.Voipraider.com ?

    ??
    hammond, Oct 20, 2008
  6. hammond

    andy Guest

    On 20 Oct, 12:08, hammond <> wrote:
    > Hmm I don't seem to be able to get it to work. It won't connect :(
    >
    > I assume I have to change the server to sip.Voipraider.com ?
    >
    > ??

    no, don't mess with the advanced settings, just leave it on the
    proxy.vb one and put your username in

    and I've very recently learned that sms callback is after all working
    on at least a couple of the brands
    andy, Oct 21, 2008
  7. hammond

    hammond Guest

    On 21 Oct, 00:13, andy <> wrote:
    > On 20 Oct, 12:08, hammond <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hmm I don't seem to be able to get it to work. It won't connect :(

    > > I assume I have to change the server to sip.Voipraider.com ?

    > > ??

    > no, don't mess with the advanced settings, just leave it on the
    > proxy.vb one and put your username in
    >
    > and I've very recently learned that sms callback is after all working
    > on at least a couple of the brands

    Thanks brilliant :) SMS doesn't seem to work but no to worry, phone
    calls do ;)
    hammond, Oct 23, 2008