    upload amount stats from the routers WAN port? i ahve a Belkin 802.11G and
    routers don't usually have SNMP or whatever, so i need some way to monitor
    the WAN port only in my router to see how much is downloaded and uploaded.

    msi, Apr 22, 2004

  2. msi

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "msi" <> wrote in
    news:20040422111409.262$:

    > does anyone know of any software that will monitor or get download and
    > upload amount stats from the routers WAN port? i ahve a Belkin 802.11G
    > and routers don't usually have SNMP or whatever, so i need some way to
    > monitor the WAN port only in my router to see how much is downloaded
    > and uploaded.

    The router itself needs to support this, generally via SNMP. On top of
    that, you would generally need to purchase software that can read the SNMP
    information. Depending on your router, you might not have SNMP support on
    it. I know my Linksys has SNMP support for just what you are doing,
    monitoring WAN traffic. Otherwise, basically you are beat.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk

    DeMoN LaG, Apr 22, 2004

  3. msi

    msi Guest

    "DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
    > "msi" <> wrote in
    >
    > > does anyone know of any software that will monitor or get download and
    > > upload amount stats from the routers WAN port? i ahve a Belkin 802.11G
    > > and routers don't usually have SNMP or whatever, so i need some way to
    > > monitor the WAN port only in my router to see how much is downloaded
    > > and uploaded.

    > The router itself needs to support this, generally via SNMP. On top of
    > that, you would generally need to purchase software that can read the SNMP
    > information. Depending on your router, you might not have SNMP support on
    > it. I know my Linksys has SNMP support for just what you are doing,
    > monitoring WAN traffic. Otherwise, basically you are beat.
    >
    > --
    > website: http://www.demonlag.com
    > AIM: FrznFoodClerk

    my linksys does not have it. i have the 1 port router one. my belkin does
    not have snmp.

    msi, Apr 23, 2004
  4. msi

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "msi" <> wrote in news:20040422234936.211
    $:

    > my linksys does not have it. i have the 1 port router one. my belkin does
    > not have snmp.

    Then there is no way for you to monitor how much traffic goes out and comes
    in on the WAN port unless your router has a status page that shows you that
    amount.

    DeMoN LaG, Apr 23, 2004