    i guess i would need some sort of a kit or something to actually apply the
    labels on the dvd's right?

    I'm backing up my dvd movie collection and wanna make lables for them.
    Diehard, Dec 15, 2003

  2. Diehard

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Diehard wrote:

    > anyone know of any good cd/dvd lable make software for windows xp? i am
    > making dvd's and want to make lables for my dvd's. i have no lables right
    > now nor software. i see some fellows lables at best buy and maybe could use
    > them? i don't have anything to put the lables on the cd/dvds either so i
    > would need that too. just something free in software and easy to use that
    > has descent templates or i could make my own lable covers or something. and
    > i guess i would need some sort of a kit or something to actually apply the
    > labels on the dvd's right?
    >
    > I'm backing up my dvd movie collection and wanna make lables for them.

    Any of the starter kits you buy normally include the software, as well
    as the actual labeller.

    Otherwise have a look at CoverXP available from http://www.cdcovers.cc
    It is adequate, rather than brilliant, but has a heap of templates with
    it, so chances are whichever labels you buy will be supported.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, Dec 15, 2003

  3. Diehard

    Diehard Guest

    "Oldus Fartus" <> wrote in message
    > Diehard wrote:
    >
    > > anyone know of any good cd/dvd lable make software for windows xp? i am
    > > making dvd's and want to make lables for my dvd's. i have no lables

    right
    > > now nor software. i see some fellows lables at best buy and maybe could

    use
    > > them? i don't have anything to put the lables on the cd/dvds either so i
    > > would need that too. just something free in software and easy to use

    that
    > > has descent templates or i could make my own lable covers or something.

    and
    > > i guess i would need some sort of a kit or something to actually apply

    the
    > > labels on the dvd's right?
    > >
    > > I'm backing up my dvd movie collection and wanna make lables for them.
    > >

    > Any of the starter kits you buy normally include the software, as well
    > as the actual labeller.
    >
    > Otherwise have a look at CoverXP available from http://www.cdcovers.cc
    > It is adequate, rather than brilliant, but has a heap of templates with
    > it, so chances are whichever labels you buy will be supported.
    >
    > --
    > Cheers
    > Oldus Fartus

    Ok, so what is out there that has a labler since I don't have one? Something
    cheap i hope.
    Diehard, Dec 15, 2003
  4. Diehard

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Diehard wrote:

    > "Oldus Fartus" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Diehard wrote:
    >>

    >>>anyone know of any good cd/dvd lable make software for windows xp? i am
    >>>making dvd's and want to make lables for my dvd's. i have no lables

    > right
    >
    >>>now nor software. i see some fellows lables at best buy and maybe could

    > use
    >
    >>>them? i don't have anything to put the lables on the cd/dvds either so i
    >>>would need that too. just something free in software and easy to use

    > that
    >
    >>>has descent templates or i could make my own lable covers or something.

    > and
    >
    >>>i guess i would need some sort of a kit or something to actually apply

    > the
    >
    >>>labels on the dvd's right?
    >>>
    >>>I'm backing up my dvd movie collection and wanna make lables for them.
    >>>

    >>Any of the starter kits you buy normally include the software, as well
    >>as the actual labeller.
    >>
    >>Otherwise have a look at CoverXP available from http://www.cdcovers.cc
    >>It is adequate, rather than brilliant, but has a heap of templates with
    >>it, so chances are whichever labels you buy will be supported.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Cheers
    >>Oldus Fartus
    >>

    > Ok, so what is out there that has a labler since I don't have one? Something
    > cheap i hope.

    You very much get what you pay for with these I have found. The
    cheaper units tend to be a bit flimsy, and many of the cheaper labels
    tend to curl up when removed from the backing making them bloody hard to
    put onto the CD/DVD properly.

    I like the Imation SoniX From memory the kit with about 25 labels was
    around $30 Australian or so and refills are about $10 Australian for 25
    which are dearer than a lot of the others, but I find easier to apply.
    They are a full label which gives a bit more room for artwork or text,
    and are a little thicker, so there is nowhere near the curling I have
    seen with other labels. Belkin also make a couple of very good ones.

    I've tried a couple of others, but seem to come back to the SoniX all
    the time.

    I would suggest going for the midrange in price, I think you will find
    them the best value.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, Dec 15, 2003
  5. Diehard

    > Diehard wrote:
    >
    > > "Oldus Fartus" <> wrote in message

    > > right

    > > use

    > > that

    > > and

    > > the

    > >>Any of the starter kits you buy normally include the software, as well
    > >>as the actual labeller.
    > >>
    > >>Otherwise have a look at CoverXP available from http://www.cdcovers.cc
    > >>It is adequate, rather than brilliant, but has a heap of templates with
    > >>it, so chances are whichever labels you buy will be supported.
    > >>
    > >>--
    > >>Cheers
    > >>Oldus Fartus
    > >>

    > > Ok, so what is out there that has a labler since I don't have one?

    Something
    > > cheap i hope.
    > >

    > You very much get what you pay for with these I have found. The
    > cheaper units tend to be a bit flimsy, and many of the cheaper labels
    > tend to curl up when removed from the backing making them bloody hard to
    > put onto the CD/DVD properly.
    >
    > I like the Imation SoniX From memory the kit with about 25 labels was
    > around $30 Australian or so and refills are about $10 Australian for 25
    > which are dearer than a lot of the others, but I find easier to apply.
    > They are a full label which gives a bit more room for artwork or text,
    > and are a little thicker, so there is nowhere near the curling I have
    > seen with other labels. Belkin also make a couple of very good ones.
    >
    > I've tried a couple of others, but seem to come back to the SoniX all
    > the time.
    >
    > I would suggest going for the midrange in price, I think you will find
    > them the best value.
    >
    > --
    > Cheers
    > Oldus Fartus

    I wonder what Best Buy has since I work there. I had tried a neato lable kit
    that made them bend when you took the lables off and i hated that, it sucked
    bad. i hope there's better ones now.
    Diehard, Dec 15, 2003
  6. Diehard

    Guest

    On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 13:10:01 GMT, "Diehard" <>
    wrote:

    >anyone know of any good cd/dvd lable make software for windows xp? i am
    >making dvd's and want to make lables for my dvd's. i have no lables right
    >now nor software. i see some fellows lables at best buy and maybe could use
    >them? i don't have anything to put the lables on the cd/dvds either so i
    >would need that too. just something free in software and easy to use that
    >has descent templates or i could make my own lable covers or something. and
    >i guess i would need some sort of a kit or something to actually apply the
    >labels on the dvd's right?
    >
    >I'm backing up my dvd movie collection and wanna make lables for them.

    Avery labels. Then you go on line and download the appropriate add-on
    to Word.

    Roy - Carpe Noctem
    , Dec 16, 2003
  7. Diehard

    Diehard Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 13:10:01 GMT, "Diehard" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >anyone know of any good cd/dvd lable make software for windows xp? i am
    > >making dvd's and want to make lables for my dvd's. i have no lables right
    > >now nor software. i see some fellows lables at best buy and maybe could

    use
    > >them? i don't have anything to put the lables on the cd/dvds either so i
    > >would need that too. just something free in software and easy to use that
    > >has descent templates or i could make my own lable covers or something.

    and
    > >i guess i would need some sort of a kit or something to actually apply

    the
    > >labels on the dvd's right?
    > >
    > >I'm backing up my dvd movie collection and wanna make lables for them.
    > >

    > Avery labels. Then you go on line and download the appropriate add-on
    > to Word.
    >
    > Roy - Carpe Noctem

    I don't have word.
    Diehard, Dec 16, 2003