Anyone know of an MP3 equalizer app, no encode/decode?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by fitwell, Sep 22, 2003.

  1. fitwell

    fitwell Guest

    Was thinking along the lines of a small, easy-to-use app like MP3Trim
    that works on an MP3 without encoding/decoding, or whatever it's
    called so that it loads/saves EQ-edited MP3s _fast_!

    I often need to just edit an audio book file to just clean up "heavy"
    sound. I'll run it through something like Sound Forge, which has a
    great 20-band graphic equalizer but then 2kb files sometimes happen.
    This is aggravating because the audio files are huge (being book
    files) and a lot of time is needed to load then save as well as the
    time it takes for the EQ effect to be processed. So when 2kb
    truncated error files result, it's a pain in the neck. But having an
    EQ program that allows me to modify the frequencies, only, would be
    the ideal solution. (p.s., have asked about this problem in SF in a
    forum, so getting help that end there, just need an alternative to SF
    for EQ-related problems.)

    Does such an animal even exist for editing MP3s? Thanks.

    fitwell, Sep 22, 2003

  2. I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but try here:
    http://www.geocities.com/mp3gain/

    Hope this helps,
    Pete

    Pete Angelakos, Sep 22, 2003

  3. fitwell

    fitwell Guest

    On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 07:39:17 -0400, "Pete Angelakos"
    <> wrote:

    >I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but try here:
    >http://www.geocities.com/mp3gain/

    I dl this just this week so went back to double-check and no, it
    doesn't have an equalizer. It _does_ do a great job of normalizing
    and I processed 30 large files within last few days. It's a great
    freeware, for sure. Was hoping to find something easy to use like
    this app but that had an equalizer feature but no go so far.

    Trouble with Sound Forge is that, yes, it has a great 20-band
    equalizer but many files truncate after running through SF. I'd say
    that out of every 6 or 7 files, thereabouts, 1 file is written that is
    2kb in size no matter what I do. (I have a msg in a SF forum, so that
    may get cleared up). However, need an alternative to SF that,
    hopefully, doesn't take so much time to load and then save, as SF and
    others do as they encode/decode, whichever it is, each time.

    Thanks, Pete.

    fitwell, Sep 22, 2003