    them. Also, I want to be able to get the best out of my reciver and TV
    (both sound and piture). I am not an expert at this, can some one
    help? Cheers, apkesh
    Apkesh, Jan 2, 2004

  2. Apkesh

    Jay G Guest

    "Apkesh" <> wrote ...
    > Hi, I am looking for a dvd player in the price range of $150-250 to be
    > used with my Yamaha RX-V1400 reciever and Hitachi Flats screen
    > projection TV. The reason for multi region capability is that I own a
    > lot of DVDs from asia that are R3 so it is important I be able to play
    > them. Also, I want to be able to get the best out of my reciver and TV
    > (both sound and piture). I am not an expert at this, can some one
    > help? Cheers, apkesh

    The MALATA DVP-520 is usually considered one of the
    better multi-region players, with accurate PAL-to-NTSC
    conversion, as well as x-y scaling. It also reportedly has
    good quality video and sound.

    It is a bit more than the price range you mentioned.
    You can find it at this site:
    http://www.hkflix.com/hardware/

    There they have less expensive models as well, although
    it looks like you lose out on the x-y scaling then.

    One place to read up on current multi-region players
    is at the nerd-our forums:
    http://www.nerd-out.com/forum/

    -Jay
    Jay G, Jan 3, 2004