    would be perfect.

    Thanks in advance.

    John.

    John (scuubydu), Jun 8, 2005

  2. John (scuubydu) wrote:
    > Hi people,
    > - A friend of mine wants to write some
    > cd's but has downloaded mp3 format and
    > wants to convert them to cda so the
    > household/car stereo can play them.
    >
    > A good freeware (non spyware/trojan)
    > mp3->cda and cda->mp3 capable unit
    > would be perfect.

    Public domain or otherwise free performances?

    Don't you hate it when the only way you can get them is in a lossy
    format? You'd think these people who give away their music for free
    would at least use a lossless codec.

    Of course, if it isn't free, he should buy the damn CD... unless it
    isn't available on a real CD (I.e. one of those non-Red book compliant
    copy protection schemes), in which case go ahead and rip it off for all
    I care.

    Most likely this will be a two-step process. Usually MP3->Wave->CDDA.
    Winamp and your favourite CD writing application should do the job nicely.

    The Other Guy

    The Other Guy, Jun 8, 2005

  3. John (scuubydu)

    Bling-Bling Guest

    On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 17:08:03 +1200, The Other Guy wrote:

    > John (scuubydu) wrote:
    >> Hi people,
    >> - A friend of mine wants to write some cd's but has downloaded mp3
    >> format and wants to convert them to cda so the
    >> household/car stereo can play them.
    >>
    >> A good freeware (non spyware/trojan)
    >> mp3->cda and cda->mp3 capable unit
    >> would be perfect.

    > Public domain or otherwise free performances?
    >
    > Don't you hate it when the only way you can get them is in a lossy format?
    > You'd think these people who give away their music for free would at least
    > use a lossless codec.
    >
    > Of course, if it isn't free, he should buy the damn CD... unless it isn't
    > available on a real CD (I.e. one of those non-Red book compliant copy
    > protection schemes), in which case go ahead and rip it off for all I care.
    >
    > Most likely this will be a two-step process. Usually MP3->Wave->CDDA.
    > Winamp and your favourite CD writing application should do the job nicely.
    >
    > The Other Guy

    sounds that this fellow is wanting to use some sort of CD burning
    programme that can burn MP3s as audio CDs.

    If it has a CD burner, then it already has the means to do that.

    Bling Bling

    Bling-Bling, Jun 8, 2005
  4. John (scuubydu) wrote:

    > Hi people,
    > - A friend of mine wants to write some
    > cd's but has downloaded mp3 format and
    > wants to convert them to cda so the
    > household/car stereo can play them.
    >
    > A good freeware (non spyware/trojan)
    > mp3->cda and cda->mp3 capable unit
    > would be perfect.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > John.

    Itunes

    Does the job quite well

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*

    Collector»NZ, Jun 8, 2005
  5. John (scuubydu)

    Dave Taylor Guest

    =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Collector=BBNZ?= <> wrote in

    > Itunes
    >
    > Does the job quite well

    I just use Nero, but if he has a burner it should have come with software
    to do this.
    Having to go from mp3-cda before burning has been done away with for a few
    years now. Select CD type, Audio CD, drag mp3s, burn.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Jun 8, 2005
  6. Dave Taylor wrote:
    > =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Collector=BBNZ?= <> wrote in
    >

    >>Itunes
    >>
    >>Does the job quite well
    >>

    > I just use Nero, but if he has a burner it should have come with software
    > to do this.
    > Having to go from mp3-cda before burning has been done away with for a few
    > years now. Select CD type, Audio CD, drag mp3s, burn.

    So true but for some even that is too much while Itunes is select tunes in
    library and click button done

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*

    Collector»NZ, Jun 8, 2005
  7. Bling-Bling wrote:
    > sounds that this fellow is wanting to use some sort of CD burning
    > programme that can burn MP3s as audio CDs.
    >
    > If it has a CD burner, then it already has the means to do that.

    Good point, even my freeware DVD writer software can do this. Aside from
    the fact that it would make it a lot less fun responding to the OP and
    his 'friend' who clealy wishes to disregard copyrights, it also isn't
    universally true. There are CD Audio capable tools out there that only
    handle PCM and PCM wave files.

    I'd use the MP3->wave->PCM option myself so I have complete choice of
    which codec actually handles the decompression.

    The Other Guy

    The Other Guy, Jun 8, 2005
  8. John (scuubydu)

    Bling-Bling Guest

    On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 19:32:00 +1200, The Other Guy wrote:

    > Bling-Bling wrote:
    >> sounds that this fellow is wanting to use some sort of CD burning
    >> programme that can burn MP3s as audio CDs.
    >>
    >> If it has a CD burner, then it already has the means to do that.

    > Good point, even my freeware DVD writer software can do this. Aside from
    > the fact that it would make it a lot less fun responding to the OP and his
    > 'friend' who clealy wishes to disregard copyrights, it also isn't
    > universally true. There are CD Audio capable tools out there that only
    > handle PCM and PCM wave files.
    >
    > I'd use the MP3->wave->PCM option myself so I have complete choice of
    > which codec actually handles the decompression.

    Well *any* audio editor, provided it can read the MP3s in the first place
    can save as WAV files.

    Sounds to me that this person should be doing a little more research about
    digital audio before it gets in any further to this task.

    Bling Bling

    Bling-Bling, Jun 8, 2005
  9. John (scuubydu)

    shannon Guest

    Bling-Bling wrote:
    > On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 19:32:00 +1200, The Other Guy wrote:
    >

    >>Bling-Bling wrote:
    >>
    >>>sounds that this fellow is wanting to use some sort of CD burning
    >>>programme that can burn MP3s as audio CDs.
    >>>
    >>>If it has a CD burner, then it already has the means to do that.

    >>Good point, even my freeware DVD writer software can do this. Aside from
    >>the fact that it would make it a lot less fun responding to the OP and his
    >>'friend' who clealy wishes to disregard copyrights, it also isn't
    >>universally true. There are CD Audio capable tools out there that only
    >>handle PCM and PCM wave files.
    >>
    >>I'd use the MP3->wave->PCM option myself so I have complete choice of
    >>which codec actually handles the decompression.

    > Well *any* audio editor, provided it can read the MP3s in the first place
    > can save as WAV files.
    >
    > Sounds to me that this person should be doing a little more research about
    > digital audio before it gets in any further to this task.
    >

    > Bling Bling

    ROTFL

    You first Einstein.

    shannon, Jun 8, 2005