    Losers always whine about their 'best'.
    Winners go home and **** the prom queen".
    ~Sean Connery in "The Rock"

    Mr Scebe, Dec 20, 2003

  2. Mr Scebe wrote:

    > First a Promise FastTrak S150 SX4 SATA RAID controller?
    >
    > And a 3Ware RDC-400-SATA Drive cage? I tried searching on pricespy, but they
    > only had the 2 channel FastTrak.

    Ascent list the SX4 on there site, but they have the TX4 at over twice the
    converted US$ price so you may be better looking overseas for it.

    Richard Malcolm-Smith, Dec 20, 2003

  3. Mr Scebe

    Mr Scebe Guest

    "Richard Malcolm-Smith" <> wrote in message

    > Ascent list the SX4 on there site, but they have the TX4 at over twice the
    > converted US$ price so you may be better looking overseas for it.

    I've just had a look at their site and it doesn't seem too bad. Anyone have
    any experience dealing with them? Impressions?

    --
    Mr Scebe

    Mr Scebe, Dec 21, 2003
  4. Mr Scebe

    ac Guest

    In article <KSdFb.35925$>,
    says...

    > "Richard Malcolm-Smith" <> wrote in message
    >
    > > Ascent list the SX4 on there site, but they have the TX4 at over twice the
    > > converted US$ price so you may be better looking overseas for it.

    > I've just had a look at their site and it doesn't seem too bad. Anyone have
    > any experience dealing with them? Impressions?

    Pricey but very good. The stuff shows up very quickly and not a problem
    to return stuff that is broken.

    ac, Dec 21, 2003
  5. Mr Scebe wrote:

    >>Ascent list the SX4 on there site, but they have the TX4 at over twice the
    >>converted US$ price so you may be better looking overseas for it.

    > I've just had a look at their site and it doesn't seem too bad. Anyone have
    > any experience dealing with them? Impressions?

    Hrrrm, well im looking for some more of the non-raid sata 150 tx4 cards, $56US
    (http://www.directron.com/sata150tx4.html), and $221.87 on ascents site.

    It seems that similar excessive markup occurs on the other products too, the SX4
    most retailers ya find on froogle seem to be between US$170 and US$180, Here you
    are looking at NZ$509 and no stock.

    Its looking tempting to get one of these
    http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=3WA8506-12&c=fr - I just dont know if there
    JBOD mode is true JBOD, or if I have to create them that way on the card. I hate
    that when you cant present them to the OS as real drives, means I cant move them
    to another controller if I want.

    Richard Malcolm-Smith, Dec 22, 2003