Anyone know if these people were ever in business?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Sep 22, 2012.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    RichA, Sep 22, 2012

  2. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    RichA <> wrote:

    >http://www.gigabitfilm.de/images/produktphotos/kb_set_deutsch_gross.jpg
    >
    >Film was reported to have resolution 3x that of Tech Pan. No idea if
    >it was for real.

    Yes, it was for real, and I think it is still available. The UK
    distributor is about 20 miles from where I live.

    I tried the ISO 40 version but it was too contrasty even with the
    supplied low contrast developer. So I tried several other films
    before settling on ADOX CMS 20 which has higher resolution and much
    lower contrast, provided you use the special ADOX developer. It is
    very easy to find and reasonably priced too. The only drawback is the
    low speed, ISO 20.

    I now use ADOX CMS 20 along with Kodak Professional BW400CN. If Kodak
    sells its film production I may have to switch to ADOX Pan 400 to
    replace the BW400CN.

    ADOX CMS 20 can produce negatives that are as detailed as Gigabitfilm.
    If you wish to scan the negatives, there are no generally available
    scanners that can get very last detail out of them.
    Bruce, Sep 22, 2012

  3. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Sep 22, 3:57 pm, Bruce <> wrote:
    > RichA <> wrote:
    > >http://www.gigabitfilm.de/images/produktphotos/kb_set_deutsch_gross.jpg

    > >Film was reported to have resolution 3x that of Tech Pan.  No idea if
    > >it was for real.

    > Yes, it was for real, and I think it is still available.  The UK
    > distributor is about 20 miles from where I live.
    >
    > I tried the ISO 40 version but it was too contrasty even with the
    > supplied low contrast developer.  So I tried several other films
    > before settling on ADOX CMS 20 which has higher resolution and much
    > lower contrast, provided you use the special ADOX developer.  It is
    > very easy to find and reasonably priced too.  The only drawback is the
    > low speed, ISO 20.
    >
    > I now use ADOX CMS 20 along with Kodak Professional BW400CN.  If Kodak
    > sells its film production I may have to switch to ADOX Pan 400 to
    > replace the BW400CN.
    >
    > ADOX CMS 20 can produce negatives that are as detailed as Gigabitfilm.
    > If you wish to scan the negatives, there are no generally available
    > scanners that can get very last detail out of them.

    Thanks, I have a darkroom (still!) so I can print directly. Inkjet
    printers capable of 20x24" prints are costly. But it's easy with an
    enlarger.
    RichA, Sep 22, 2012