    the C770 has been discontinued.

    Does anyone know if the SP-500 comes with an infra-red remote control?

    , Oct 11, 2005

  2. On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 22:01:43 +0800, lid wrote:

    >I was just about to go out and buy the Olympus C770 for my wife. It is
    >quite compact and has a remote control (two major requirements).
    >However, I see that Olympus have just announced the SP-500 which is only
    >slightly larger, has the same zoom and is 6MP instead of 4MP. It seems
    >the C770 has been discontinued.
    >
    >Does anyone know if the SP-500 comes with an infra-red remote control?

    Did you ever think of looking at the specs for it?

    http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1189&fl=4

    -James Nachtwey-
    http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/

    John A. Stovall, Oct 11, 2005

  3. Guest

    John A. Stovall said the following on 11/10/2005 10:19 PM:

    > Did you ever think of looking at the specs for it?
    >
    > http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1189&fl=4

    Yes, they didn't mention anything (which normally means no) and
    http://www.dpreview.com justs lists it as unknown.

    However the specs at
    <http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_archived_product_details.asp?fl=2&id=960>
    for the C770 don't mention anything about a remote either and I know
    that it comes with one. So I thought I would ask in case someone here
    had a more definitive answer.

    , Oct 12, 2005
  4. EdO Guest

    John,

    Yes the Evolt 500 uses the same RM-1 infrared remote as all the E
    series. It does not come with the camera.

    EdO, Oct 12, 2005
  5. Jimmy Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I was just about to go out and buy the Olympus C770 for my wife. It is
    >quite compact and has a remote control (two major requirements). However, I
    >see that Olympus have just announced the SP-500 which is only slightly
    >larger, has the same zoom and is 6MP instead of 4MP. It seems the C770 has
    >been discontinued.
    >
    > Does anyone know if the SP-500 comes with an infra-red remote control?

    Here is a short link to the Olympus site that lists all accessories for the
    SP-500. You will notice there is no remote even listed.
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?H243128FB

    Jimmy, Oct 12, 2005
  6. Jimmy Guest

    "EdO" <> wrote in message news:...
    > John,
    >
    > Yes the Evolt 500 uses the same RM-1 infrared remote as all the E series.
    > It does not come with the camera.

    The digital SLR Evolt 500 is not the same as the camera in question. The
    SP-500 is one of the new SP-series digital cameras just introduced. The
    SP-500 doesn't appear to have a remote control available.

    Jimmy, Oct 12, 2005