    David Guest

    has 290 and/or 291 been updated to include coverage of Server 2003 R2? Where
    do you find out about things like that?

    David, Mar 6, 2007

  2. On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 10:34:26 -0500, "David" <> wrote:

    >has 290 and/or 291 been updated to include coverage of Server 2003 R2? Where
    >do you find out about things like that?

    I have not seen it OFFICIALLY announced, but I just bought the new
    edition of the SYBEX book for the 70-291 and it says right on the
    front cover "Includes updates for Server 2003 R2"

    Igor Smeghead, Mar 7, 2007

  3. David

    David Guest

    interesting. Thanks.

    David, Mar 7, 2007
  4. David

    TBone Guest

    And on the eigth day "David" <> did cause the electrons
    to come together and form the following words:

    > has 290 and/or 291 been updated to include coverage of Server 2003 R2?
    > Where do you find out about things like that?

    www.microsoft.com/learning

    -------

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    TBone, Mar 7, 2007
  5. David

    David Guest

    thanks.

    David, Mar 8, 2007
  6. David

    McGlocktapus Guest

    I am working on 70-270 but bought the books for 70-290 and 70-291 so I could
    use them for reference for work. They both come with trial versions of R2. So
    I don't think they would give you one and test you on the other.

    -Rich

    McGlocktapus, Mar 10, 2007
  7. David

    David Guest

    no mention of R2 there. But really no mention of updates at all. Anyone know
    of a more specific link where you might find this info? I realize some have
    replied that recent books they have purchased include R2 coverage.... any of
    you come accross actual mention in the book of the test being updated to
    include R2 material? probably in the intro. Maybe I'll pop into BnB and
    check out a book also to see. The reason I want to be sure is that I already
    have some training material that I used but its a couple years old at this
    point. If the test does not include R2 updates I think I could go take it
    now, if it does, then I need to get new training material.

    thanks for the replies thus far.

    David, Mar 12, 2007
  8. David

    catwalker63 Guest

    David piffled away vaguely:

    > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-290.mspx
    >
    > no mention of R2 there. But really no mention of updates at all. Anyone know
    > of a more specific link where you might find this info? I realize some have
    > replied that recent books they have purchased include R2 coverage.... any of
    > you come accross actual mention in the book of the test being updated to
    > include R2 material? probably in the intro. Maybe I'll pop into BnB and
    > check out a book also to see. The reason I want to be sure is that I already
    > have some training material that I used but its a couple years old at this
    > point. If the test does not include R2 updates I think I could go take it
    > now, if it does, then I need to get new training material.
    >
    > thanks for the replies thus far.
    >
    > "David" <> wrote in message
    >> has 290 and/or 291 been updated to include coverage of Server 2003 R2?
    >> Where do you find out about things like that?

    Your best bet is to be prepared for both. There is a chance there will
    be exam questions dealing with both since questions are expensive and
    won't be appearing a disappearing quickly. I took 70-270 after SP2 and
    I don't remember any confusion about what was being asked.

    Examine the changes that are included in RC2 and look at the exam
    objectives. You should be able to figure out if changes in RC2 will
    affect the questions asked from that.
    --

    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    catwalker63, Mar 12, 2007
  9. David

    McGlocktapus Guest

    Sorry for my previous answer. I just read in the Microsoft Press 70-290 that
    the included OS includes R2 on a second disk but says don't install it
    because it is not on the test. But I did get that book 40% off so maybe there
    is a new book coming out. So I really am just adding more information to the
    confusion.

    -Rich

    McGlocktapus, Mar 13, 2007
  10. David