    Any ideas???
    Many thanks in advance
    Rob

    =?Utf-8?B?bWlyb2t1ODAw?=, Dec 30, 2006

  2. You will need to have 64bit drivers for those scanners, not just for the
    SCSI Card! I guess that should do it?

    Tony. . .

    "miroku800" <> wrote in message
    > I have managed to get my SCSI card working but I can't load an ASPI layer

    > get the scanners to work has anyone managed to find a way of getting them

    > work as I have a pair of very high quality scanners that I really would

    like

    Tony Sperling, Dec 30, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?bWlyb2t1ODAw?=

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    Yeah, and if they're old scanners, you might be out of luck there.

    Vuescan loads generic drivers for Windows and has its own interface to a lot
    of scanners, it might be able to work with them...

    http://www.hamrick.com/

    Supported scanners:
    http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/vuescan.htm#supported

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Dec 31, 2006
  4. unfortunately I can't get as far as loading the scanner drivers as I need an
    ASPI layer first and the version from Adaptec won't unpack on the X64
    machine, has anyone come across an ASPI layer from another manufacturer that
    will unpack

    =?Utf-8?B?bWlyb2t1ODAw?=, Dec 31, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?bWlyb2t1ODAw?=

    Theo Guest

    The best idea is to contact the company that markets the
    scanner to see if they have published, or plan to publish, a
    Win x64 driver package. If not, your next logical solution
    is to purchase a scanner that does have the necessary
    drivers available. That's what I had to do with my scanner.
    Epson had my brand new scanner listed as Win x64 drivers
    to be published. They changed their mind so I bought a
    refurbished scanner that had drivers available and now I'm
    able to use it in Win x64.

    You can piss and moan all day, but if the applicable
    vendor/manufacturer doesn't publish the necessary driver
    package, there ain't much you can do about it! It
    definitely is neither Microsoft's responsibly nor problem!

    Theo, Jan 1, 2007
  6. I am certainly not moaning about microsoft but you are missing the point of
    my posting, without an aspi layer in place I can't get windows to see my
    scanners at all and therefore cannot get far enough to try the XP drivers I
    have for them
    Adaptec list an install instruction for X64 systems BUT I cant get the self
    extracting exe file to extract and allow me to run the instructions and I was
    trying to find out if anyone else had managed to get round this by perhaps
    using another ASPI layer from another source

    =?Utf-8?B?bWlyb2t1ODAw?=, Jan 1, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?bWlyb2t1ODAw?=

    Theo Guest

    I have not been able to find any ASPI files for Win x64.
    I'm not sure there are any published. For Win x64 the ASPI
    would have to be 64-bit, so there probably isn't any way to
    get around it. It seems Microsoft doesn't get involved in
    the ASPI issue at all and as far as I can tell, it's
    primarily an Adaptec item. The dates of the most recent
    ASPI package on Adaptec's web site is 23 Nov 2002, so there
    would not be any Win x64 support in the package, but there
    is Win XP IA64 support for the Intel Itanium.

    What SCSI card do you have installed? What scanner do you have?

    Theo, Jan 2, 2007