    When I open a PDF it tries to install FrontPage 2003, when I cancel out of
    the install the PDF opens ?

    Any clues ?

    JJ, Jul 27, 2004

  2. JJ

    Mark Guest

    Does the pdf have any html code embedded in it?

    --
    Mark
    MCSA, CNA, A+, Net+, iNet+, Server+

    Mark, Jul 27, 2004

  3. JJ

    JJ Guest

    It does it with every PDF I have.

    JJ, Jul 27, 2004
  4. On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 14:53:50 -0400, "JJ" <> wrote:

    >Just installed a copy of FrontPage 2003 on my 2000 machine, still using
    >office 2000.
    >
    >When I open a PDF it tries to install FrontPage 2003, when I cancel out of
    >the install the PDF opens ?
    >
    >Any clues ?

    It looks like the association is still there for Acrobat anyway. Have
    you tried to just let it finish/continue the Front Page install. I
    have seen numerous times with Office applications where particular
    activities ask for the installation disk. If there is a pdf capability
    and/or plug-in for Front Page (I am not familiar with it), it may
    require installation, as, if you did a default installation, it and
    other capabilities may not be installed.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jul 28, 2004
  5. JJ

    John D Loop Guest

    "JJ" <> wrote in message
    > Just installed a copy of FrontPage 2003 on my 2000 machine, still using
    > office 2000.
    >
    > When I open a PDF it tries to install FrontPage 2003, when I cancel out of
    > the install the PDF opens ?
    >
    > Any clues ?

    Sounds like you have the ".pdf" associated with frontpage express.
    Open Windows explorer. Go to folder options -> file types -> find pdf type
    and change the program to adobe acrobat.
    John
    --
    Check my web site for tips on insuring safe computing in wired and wireless
    homenetworking environments!

    John D Loop, Jul 28, 2004
  6. JJ

    JJ Guest

    Fixed it, let it run all the way and I believe you were right.
    thanks all

    JJ, Jul 28, 2004
  7. JJ

    Geoff Guest

    JJ wrote:
    > Just installed a copy of FrontPage 2003 on my 2000 machine, still
    > using office 2000.
    >
    > When I open a PDF it tries to install FrontPage 2003, when I cancel
    > out of the install the PDF opens ?
    >
    > Any clues ?

    let it install whatever it wants to, it may ask for the cd, if after
    installing it still does the same thing no idea, try uninstall/reinstall
    frontpage, and post in here again *shrug*

    Geoff, Jul 31, 2004
  8. sounds like to me your file associations are jacked up--go to windows
    explorer---right click ona pdf file then click on open with--al ist of
    program should open in a dialog box --check to see what program is set to
    open the pdf file it should be acrobat reader if not change it--if that
    don't unistall FP20031st then Acrobat. Download the the newest Acrobat then
    reload that other FP2003........................... be easy :)

    howard aka \Superman\, Aug 9, 2004