    kernel32.dll, user32.dll and ntoskrnl.exe, under Result/Infection column the
    word "Change"...what does this mean?...is it a problem?...needs any action?

    Thanks
    John Brown, Jul 14, 2007

  2. John Brown

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 09:12:58 +0100, John Brown wrote:

    >During running a full scan using AVG free Virus software and clicking help I
    >get the following message:-
    >
    >"Running Test
    >
    >When a test is running a dialog is displayed. The File column in the list
    >shows the names of the already scanned objects. The Result/Infection column

    <snip>
    http://free.grisoft.com/
    click Help
    http://free.grisoft.com/doc/3/us/frt/0
    Free Forum

    Me
    why?, Jul 14, 2007

  3. John Brown

    Fred Guest

    John Brown wrote:
    > During running a full scan using AVG free Virus software and clicking
    > help I get the following message:-
    >
    > "Running Test
    >
    > When a test is running a dialog is displayed. The File column in the
    > list shows the names of the already scanned objects. The
    > Result/Infection column shows either "ok" (meaning that the
    > respective file is not infected), or the name of the virus detected,
    > or an alert message (e.g. that the file could not be opened for
    > testing). Finally, the Path column shows the full file path."
    >
    > However during the test I get for the three objects shown, which are
    > kernel32.dll, user32.dll and ntoskrnl.exe, under Result/Infection
    > column the word "Change"...what does this mean?.

    Someone asked that same question here a little while ago.
    So looking in my sent box and a bit of cut and paste.

    It means that these files have changed since you first installed AVG

    >..is it a problem?.

    No because these files get changed by Microsoft updates
    >..needs any action?

    If it bothers you you can tell AVG that the changes are OK

    Open the Test Centre
    Click on Scan selected areas
    Press the F3 key
    A scan of the system area will follow
    AVG will give you a dialogue box where you can confirm that the change to
    the files are okay.
    You won't be notified until the files change again.
    Fred, Jul 14, 2007
  4. John Brown

    John Brown Guest

    TVM Excellent reply.