    but i wouldnt have a clue what type of ram i have, any programs out
    there that will tell me.

    Thx in advance
    Starkey, Jun 20, 2005

  2. Starkey

    Tony Guest

    On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 21:31:45 +1200, Starkey <> wrote:

    >Im looking at gettting another stick of 512meg so i can have a gig of
    >ram.
    >but i wouldnt have a clue what type of ram i have, any programs out
    >there that will tell me.
    >
    >Thx in advance

    This works on MY PC

    CPU-Z

    http://www.cpuid.org/cpuz.php

    "Processor name and vendor
    Core stepping and process
    Processor package
    Processor current core voltage
    Internal and external clocks, clock multiplier
    Partial overclock detection
    Processor features, including supported instructions sets.
    L1 to L3 cache information : location, size, speed, technology.
    Motherboard information : name, vendor, BIOS, chipset, memory, AGP.
    Memory information : size, type, timings, specifications. "
    Tony, Jun 20, 2005

  3. Starkey

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Tony <> wrote in

    > This works on MY PC
    >
    > CPU-Z
    >
    > http://www.cpuid.org/cpuz.php

    Their other program is the only one that can OC my chipset. I don't do it
    often, but it works. I used to use H-Oda's wincpuid but this one is better
    for newer motherboards.

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Jun 20, 2005
  4. In article <>,
    says...
    > Im looking at gettting another stick of 512meg so i can have a gig of
    > ram.
    > but i wouldnt have a clue what type of ram i have, any programs out
    > there that will tell me.
    >
    > Thx in advance

    Sisoft (or is it Sysoft?) Sandra
    Aida32

    both will tell you all you want to know (and probably a lot more) about
    the hardware in your machine.

    google for a download link.

    h.t.h.
    Peter Huebner, Jun 20, 2005