    www.smileycentral.com

    Thanks in advance for any help given!

    Az

    Az, Nov 29, 2004

  2. Az

    Hammerer Guest

    "Az" <> wrote in message
    news:ZGJqd.253$...

    > Hey All,

    Hey!

    > Since Ive been having such great luck in this newsgroup with all my
    > problems heres another for you guys, lol.

    Ha Ha Ha!

    > I want to download smiley's for my msn messenger but cant as its full of
    > spyware.

    Well, Az - just you get that spware OUT of your msn messenger. Once you've
    done that, there'll be PLENTY of room for smiley's. Believe me.

    Hammerer, Nov 29, 2004

  3. Az

    trout Guest

    Az wrote:

    > Hey All,
    >
    > Since Ive been having such great luck in this newsgroup with all my
    > problems heres another for you guys, lol.
    >
    > I want to download smiley's for my msn messenger but cant as its full
    > of spyware. I would still like to download it but not sure how to
    > maybe quarantine all the spyware with it so that it doesnt slow down
    > my system and I can still use it?
    >
    > Any Ideas?
    >
    > www.smileycentral.com
    >

    > Thanks in advance for any help given!
    >
    > Az

    There *are* some sources for spyware-free 'smileys'. But you have to
    do your research;and use some caution and common sense.
    Start off with a broad search: Google for something like "free
    emoticon".
    (ie: http://makeashorterlink.com/?H301236E9)
    *Read Carefully!!!* Examine any terms, user agreements, disclaimers,
    etc.
    If it's crapware, it's usually disclosed somewhere. Once you determine
    that a site is offering spyware (like you-know-who), *discard* it from
    your search, and do *not* go back.
    Once you decide to try something; download it to someplace handy
    (like your desktop) and scan it with a good A/V program. Do the same for
    unzipped files- particularly executable (.exe) files. If it includes an
    installer, *read* the user agreement before you check 'I agree'. It's
    *incredible* how many people infect themselves by neglecting this.
    Finally, run an anti-spyware program *immediately* after
    installation.
    --
    "'Free' doesn't necessarily mean 'easy'."

    trout, Nov 30, 2004
  4. Az

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Az mused:

    | Any Ideas?

    Yeah ... if it has spyware, stay away from it! Then go here ...

    www.mess.be

    mhicaoidh, Nov 30, 2004