  1. H.O.G

    H.O.G Guest

    Any experiences good or bad?
    H.O.G, May 31, 2005

  2. H.O.G

    T-Boy Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > Any experiences good or bad?

    Haven't heard of any nasties - other than you should disable or
    uninstall Anti.V s/w before updating - and possibly other 3rd party s/w.

    You can read up on experiences at MS's SBS 2003 NG:
    microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs

    You might find some SBS2003 stuff eroneously posted at the SBS 2000 NG
    too at:
    microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000

    If your ISP doesn't carry the groups, use MS's server at:
    msnews.microsoft.com

    The experiences all look good to me - plenty of advice and thoughts in
    those NG's though.

    --
    Duncan
    T-Boy, May 31, 2005

  3. H.O.G

    T-Boy Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > Any experiences good or bad?

    An install post that might be useful to you...

    Subject: <<Small Biz Server news of the week May 31>>
    From: "Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP]"
    <>
    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs,
    Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 01:19:37 -0700

    [Monday was a holiday so sorry for the tardiness in the post and doing
    an abbreviated post ]

    Blogs of interest this week:
    When the download button 'isn't' the download button:
    http://msmvps.com/bradley/archive/2005/05/31/49884.aspx

    Important documents to review:

    How to install Service Pack 1 for SBS 2003:
    http://www.smallbizserver.net/Default.aspx?tabid=236

    Service Pack 1 for Windows Small Business Server 2003, Standard Edition:
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/5/b/d5be2c2c-b1cb-47f8-9235-
    8cf89820139e/Readme_std.htm

    Service Pack 1 for Windows Small Business Server 2003, Premium Edition:
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/5/b/d5be2c2c-b1cb-47f8-9235-
    8cf89820139e/Readme_prem.htm

    Completing Setup for Microsoft Windows Small Business Server Premium
    Technologies:
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/0/5/105c4aee-f2b4-4494-adcc-
    4c3608476c4a/PremiumInstallSteps.htm

    ----------------------------
    Patch I needed on my Premium SBS 2003 box to get Outlook to work on the
    member server:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0b3b8b50-9a7a-
    43ca-8e30-ccfcd8ad5fa3&displaylang=en

    Outlook 2003 running on Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 cannot
    connect to an Exchange 2003 server through ISA Server 2004 Standard
    Edition. Earlier versions of Outlook may also be affected.

    --
    Duncan
    T-Boy, May 31, 2005
  4. H.O.G

    H.O.G Guest

    On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 09:55:18 +1200, T-Boy <> spoke these
    fine words:

    >In article <>,
    >says...
    >>
    >> Any experiences good or bad?

    >An install post that might be useful to you...
    >
    >Subject: <<Small Biz Server news of the week May 31>>
    >From: "Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP]"
    ><>
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs,
    >microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000,
    >microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz
    >Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 01:19:37 -0700
    >
    >[Monday was a holiday so sorry for the tardiness in the post and doing
    >an abbreviated post ]
    >
    >Blogs of interest this week:
    >When the download button 'isn't' the download button:
    >http://msmvps.com/bradley/archive/2005/05/31/49884.aspx
    >
    >Important documents to review:
    >
    >How to install Service Pack 1 for SBS 2003:
    >http://www.smallbizserver.net/Default.aspx?tabid=236
    >
    >Service Pack 1 for Windows Small Business Server 2003, Standard Edition:
    >http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/5/b/d5be2c2c-b1cb-47f8-9235-
    >8cf89820139e/Readme_std.htm
    >
    >Service Pack 1 for Windows Small Business Server 2003, Premium Edition:
    >http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/5/b/d5be2c2c-b1cb-47f8-9235-
    >8cf89820139e/Readme_prem.htm
    >
    >Completing Setup for Microsoft Windows Small Business Server Premium
    >Technologies:
    >http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/0/5/105c4aee-f2b4-4494-adcc-
    >4c3608476c4a/PremiumInstallSteps.htm
    >

    >----------------------------
    >Patch I needed on my Premium SBS 2003 box to get Outlook to work on the
    >member server:
    >
    >http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0b3b8b50-9a7a-
    >43ca-8e30-ccfcd8ad5fa3&displaylang=en
    >
    >Outlook 2003 running on Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 cannot
    >connect to an Exchange 2003 server through ISA Server 2004 Standard
    >Edition. Earlier versions of Outlook may also be affected.

    Thanks heaps, T-Boy.

    We're going to take down the main server, ghost it, then install SP1
    in the weekend.
    H.O.G, Jun 1, 2005