  1. greg

    greg Guest

    it looks like ihug is cut off from the outside world again!
    greg, Aug 6, 2008

  2. greg

    Peter Guest

    In article <g7cqnl$6jc$>, says...
    > it looks like ihug is cut off from the outside world again!

    considering that I am retrieving this article from the technical
    university of Berlin's news server, you're not all THAT cut off ...
    maybe everybody is just stuck in a big traffic snarl, or flooded, or
    something

    ?!?

    -Peter
    Peter, Aug 6, 2008

  3. greg

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarweb "Adam Cameron" typed:
    >>> it looks like ihug is cut off from the outside world again!
    >>>

    >> considering that I am retrieving this article from the technical
    >> university of Berlin's news server

    > And I'm getting it from giganews.

    And me from Actrix.

    I've noticed that sometimes when Ihug have problems posts get out but not
    in....
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Aug 7, 2008
  4. greg

    Gordon Guest

    On 2008-08-06, ~misfit~ <> wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh intarweb "Adam Cameron" typed:
    >>>>

    >>> considering that I am retrieving this article from the technical
    >>> university of Berlin's news server

    >> And I'm getting it from giganews.

    > And me from Actrix.
    >
    > I've noticed that sometimes when Ihug have problems posts get out but not
    > in....

    Suddenly the mere pittance I pay the Germans for my Usenet seems incrediably
    cheap.
    Gordon, Aug 7, 2008
  5. greg

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarweb "Gordon" typed:
    > On 2008-08-06, ~misfit~ <> wrote:
    >> Somewhere on teh intarweb "Adam Cameron" typed:

    >>> And I'm getting it from giganews.

    >> And me from Actrix.
    >>
    >> I've noticed that sometimes when Ihug have problems posts get out
    >> but not in....

    > Suddenly the mere pittance I pay the Germans for my Usenet seems
    > incrediably cheap.

    Yep. Usenet support was a significant part of the reason I moved to Actrix.
    However, I doubt I'd change if they wre to drop it <crosses toes>, I'd
    probably pay the Germans too. Or the Americans although I don't like that
    idea....
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Aug 7, 2008