Anyone here concerned about DNSChanger?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Donchano, May 13, 2012.

  1. Donchano

    Donchano Guest

    OK. There are a lot of hoaxes out there, but this is not one of them.
    Better safe than sorry.

    http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011/november/malware_110911

    DNS—Domain Name System—is an Internet service that converts
    user-friendly domain names, such as www.fbi.gov <http://www.fbi.gov>,
    into numerical addresses that allow computers to talk to each other.
    Without DNS and the DNS servers operated by Internet service
    providers, computer users would not be able to browse web sites, send
    e-mail, or connect to any Internet services.

    Criminals have infected millions of computers around the world with
    malware called DNSChanger which allows them to control DNS servers. As
    a result, the cyber thieves have forced unsuspecting users to
    fraudulent websites, interfered with their web browsing, and made
    their computers vulnerable to other kinds of malicious software.

    * * * * * * *

    Checking to see if your computer system is infected is easy. You can
    visit this webpage recommended by the FBI and click on the "Detect"
    button to check your system. My system wasn't infected. But then I use
    some good Antivirus and Anti-malware software.

    http://www.dcwg.org/
    Donchano, May 13, 2012

  2. Donchano

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sun, 13 May 2012 18:56:01 +1200, in message <>
    Donchano wrote:

    > OK. There are a lot of hoaxes out there, but this is not one of them.
    > Better safe than sorry.
    >
    > http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011/november/malware_110911

    ---snip---

    > Checking to see if your computer system is infected is easy. You can
    > visit this webpage recommended by the FBI and click on the "Detect"
    > button to check your system. My system wasn't infected. But then I use
    > some good Antivirus and Anti-malware software.
    >
    > http://www.dcwg.org/

    Checked my computer last month. All OK.

    --
    Kind regards
    Ralph
    Ralph Fox, May 13, 2012

  3. In article <>, Donchano <> wrote:

    >OK. There are a lot of hoaxes out there, but this is not one of them.
    >Better safe than sorry.

    Let's go back to putting in the numbers instead of words n the url. That
    ought to fix the problem. :) :)

    (snip)
    Bruce Sinclair, May 14, 2012
  4. Donchano

    Gordon Guest

    On 2012-05-13, Bruce Sinclair <> wrote:
    > In article <>, Donchano <> wrote:
    >>
    >>OK. There are a lot of hoaxes out there, but this is not one of them.
    >>Better safe than sorry.

    > Let's go back to putting in the numbers instead of words n the url. That
    > ought to fix the problem. :) :)
    >
    > (snip)

    IPV6 also has letters ;-) Out of letters words arrive.
    Gordon, May 14, 2012