    "Page Cannot Be Displayed". Unfortunately I wasn't driving nor did I
    have a camera, but might be worth trying to get a shot of it. I don't
    travel that way too often.
    Evan Platt, Apr 26, 2007

  2. Evan Platt

    Tester Guest

    On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:02:20 -0700, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >The Ikea display board they have that cycles through the ads showed a
    >"Page Cannot Be Displayed". Unfortunately I wasn't driving nor did I
    >have a camera, but might be worth trying to get a shot of it. I don't
    >travel that way too often.

    I once saw a Windoze blue screen of death on a NYC subway Metrocard
    vending machine. And I've heard of a case where traffic control and
    data collection were handled by email over the 'net and the system got
    screwed because the bot addresses (no human actually read the raw
    email) got a lot of spam.
    Tester, Apr 26, 2007

  3. Tester wrote:
    > On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:02:20 -0700, Evan Platt
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>The Ikea display board they have that cycles through the ads showed a
    >>"Page Cannot Be Displayed". Unfortunately I wasn't driving nor did I
    >>have a camera, but might be worth trying to get a shot of it. I don't
    >>travel that way too often.

    > I once saw a Windoze blue screen of death on a NYC subway Metrocard
    > vending machine. And I've heard of a case where traffic control and
    > data collection were handled by email over the 'net and the system got
    > screwed because the bot addresses (no human actually read the raw
    > email) got a lot of spam.

    http://blinkynet.net/comp/bsod.html

    And click the "More" link for several pages of these. :)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Apr 26, 2007
  4. Evan Platt

    Tester Guest

    Tester, Apr 27, 2007
  5. Tester wrote:
    > On 26 Apr 2007 19:53:30 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    > wrote:
    >>
    >>http://blinkynet.net/comp/bsod.html
    >>
    >>And click the "More" link for several pages of these. :)

    > It doesn't seem to be included with the Sysinternals Suite zip file
    > any more but you can download a BSOD screensaver at
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/Miscellaneous/BlueScreen.mspx

    Here's the custom file-not-found error page I cooked up for
    blinkynet.net:

    http://blinkynet.net/comp/anybogusfilename.html

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 27, 2007
  6. Evan Platt

    Plato Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:

    > The Ikea display board they have that cycles through the ads showed a
    > "Page Cannot Be Displayed". Unfortunately I wasn't driving nor did I
    > have a camera, but might be worth trying to get a shot of it. I don't
    > travel that way too often.

    Have the Ikea advertising exec. fired for trusting a computer for a
    billboard.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Apr 28, 2007