    MS Windows defender has successfully deleted the file. I am curious to know
    has anyone else heard of this particular trojan on what does or where does it
    come from?

    Boaby, Sep 16, 2006

  2. Boaby

    Johno Guest

    Found this info online:

    cmdline.exe
    cmdLine.exe is a Trojan W32.Drivus.A.
    cmdLine.exe spreads via open network shares.
    Type: Dangerous
    Part of operation system: No
    Microsoft product: No
    File Name: windowsupdate.exe
    Short Description: W32.Drivus.A
    Systems Affected: Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows
    NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP.
    Actions:
    windowsupdate.exe is a Trojan W32.Drivus.A.
    windowsupdate.exe spreads via open network shares.

    Johno, Sep 16, 2006

  3. Boaby

    Guest

    (Boaby) wrote:

    >I started to do my weekly computer health check and my MS Windows Defender
    >alerted me to find a trojan called:
    >
    >CmdLineCM
    >
    >MS Windows defender has successfully deleted the file. I am curious to know
    >has anyone else heard of this particular trojan on what does or where does it
    >come from?

    Point to note is that there is no name convention for virus's.
    Everybody who produces anti virual software call a virus or malware
    what they want. the same virus/malware can have at least 3 different
    names for it.

    You can search here http://vx.netlux.org/ but CmdLineCM isn't in the
    database.

    --
    1000 virtual cars racing at the same time - Trackmania Sunrise :D
    http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=12321

    , Sep 16, 2006