    --
    Peter Pratten
    Please reply in group only

    Peter Pratten, Oct 22, 2005

  2. Peter Pratten

    pzboyz Guest

    pzboyz, Oct 24, 2005

  3. Peter Pratten

    Brian Guest

    On 2005-10-22, Peter Pratten <> wrote:

    > I clicked on an ad for a VoIP service with webcam, headset and account
    > with Bluetalk. There seamed to be very little detail so I followed a
    > somewhat hidden link marked terms & conditions. It wasn't that but was
    > the welcome screen expecting customers who had bought the product and
    > (still without any details of the product) asked me to register.
    > Clicking the only link on the page went to bluebite and the Security
    > Centre queried the certificate because the name did not match the site.
    > As it had no other problem with the certificate I accepted it but became
    > aware that the registration form was not from a secure site, so I left.

    The registration page is an https URL; how secure do you want it to be?

    > Anyone know any more?

    About the service offered at www.bluebite.co.uk? Only what I read
    there.

    There appear to be a very competitive set of free and chargeable
    services available. MOH, call waiting, call diversion, call transfer
    and voice mail are among those which are free and there is peering with
    other networks. Interesting, they claim to peer with Vonage, both here
    and in the USA.

    0871 numbers are handed out on signing up but a geographic number can
    be had for 1.49 GBP per month. Tarifs are comparable with other
    providers and you pay by adding 5 or 10 GBP to your account. With VAT
    and P&P included, the prices of some of the Voip equipment might be
    attractive.

    Brian.

    Brian, Oct 25, 2005
  4. Peter Pratten

    Oldie Guest

    On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 20:06:25 +0000 (UTC), Brian <>
    wrote:

    >On 2005-10-22, Peter Pratten <> wrote:
    >>
    >> I clicked on an ad for a VoIP service with webcam, headset and account
    >> with Bluetalk. There seamed to be very little detail so I followed a
    >> somewhat hidden link marked terms & conditions. It wasn't that but was
    >> the welcome screen expecting customers who had bought the product and
    >> (still without any details of the product) asked me to register.
    >> Clicking the only link on the page went to bluebite and the Security
    >> Centre queried the certificate because the name did not match the site.
    >> As it had no other problem with the certificate I accepted it but became
    >> aware that the registration form was not from a secure site, so I left.

    >The registration page is an https URL; how secure do you want it to be?
    >
    >> Anyone know any more?

    >About the service offered at www.bluebite.co.uk? Only what I read
    >there.
    >
    >There appear to be a very competitive set of free and chargeable
    >services available. MOH, call waiting, call diversion, call transfer
    >and voice mail are among those which are free and there is peering with
    >other networks. Interesting, they claim to peer with Vonage, both here
    >and in the USA.
    >
    >0871 numbers are handed out on signing up but a geographic number can
    >be had for 1.49 GBP per month. Tarifs are comparable with other
    >providers and you pay by adding 5 or 10 GBP to your account. With VAT
    >and P&P included, the prices of some of the Voip equipment might be
    >attractive.
    >
    >Brian.

    They don't know how to format a telephone number though.

    Oldie

    Oldie, Oct 25, 2005
  5. In article <djm381$9se$1$>, Brian
    <> writes
    >The registration page is an https URL; how secure do you want it to be?

    It wasn't when I tried it. I presume they have corrected it as when I
    tested an order page after a previous response it did have the 's'.
    Always wise to watch these things, especially when I hadn't heard of
    them. Didn't want to be bitten.

    >> Anyone know any more?

    >About the service offered at www.bluebite.co.uk? Only what I read
    >there.

    What I meant by "more" was "beyond what they say for themselves".

    <snip details>

    Thank you. It took a lot of digging to find this info on the site. It
    could be better laid out.

    However I don't understand the domestic/business additional lines offer
    "no rental" yet a monthly fee. What is the fee but a rental? Do they
    mean real lines or virtual ones?

    Strange price anomaly - Buenos Aires is three quarters the price for the
    UK!
    --
    Peter Pratten
    Please reply in group only

    Peter Pratten, Oct 27, 2005
  6. In article <>, Oldie
    <> writes
    >They don't know how to format a telephone number though.

    There are too many of these around.
    --
    Peter Pratten
    Please reply in group only