    Kodak DCS-14n is still pricey and it has a slow flash sync of 1/125.

    (I have Nikon lenses by the way but I could change if the camera was really
    amazing.)

    AFN, Dec 22, 2003

  2. AFN

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    "AFN" <> wrote in message
    news:u7sFb.14569$...
    > anyone know of any 8mp or higher SLRs coming out soon? I hear Nikon is
    > going to come out with an 8 mp SLR. I'm about to buy either the 6mp

    Nikon
    > D100 or the 14mp Kodak DCS-14n, and I thought I'd see if there's anything
    > coming out soon? I'd really like to buy something more than 6mp but the
    > Kodak DCS-14n is still pricey and it has a slow flash sync of 1/125.
    >

    > (I have Nikon lenses by the way but I could change if the camera was

    really
    > amazing.)

    Why don't you ask how many people are happy with their 14n?

    Fuji S2 should be a serious consideration.

    Best, Dan

    Dan Sullivan, Dec 22, 2003

  3. AFN

    Gavin Cato Guest

    It's all going to happen in February.

    Gavin Cato, Dec 22, 2003
  4. AFN

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <u7sFb.14569$>,
    says...
    > anyone know of any 8mp or higher SLRs coming out soon? I hear Nikon is
    > going to come out with an 8 mp SLR. I'm about to buy either the 6mp Nikon
    > D100 or the 14mp Kodak DCS-14n, and I thought I'd see if there's anything
    > coming out soon? I'd really like to buy something more than 6mp but the
    > Kodak DCS-14n is still pricey and it has a slow flash sync of 1/125.
    >

    > (I have Nikon lenses by the way but I could change if the camera was really
    > amazing.)

    You are deciding between the $1500 D100 and the $4000 14n? That seems a
    bit odd. The 14n will give you better results in a studio with lots of
    light and low ISOs. The D100 will give you better results in all other
    shooting environments.

    The Fuji S2 is better than both.

    --
    __________________________________
    Todd Walker

    Todd Walker, Dec 22, 2003
  5. "AFN" <> wrote in message
    > anyone know of any 8mp or higher SLRs coming out soon? I hear Nikon is
    > going to come out with an 8 mp SLR. I'm about to buy either the 6mp

    Nikon
    > D100 or the 14mp Kodak DCS-14n, and I thought I'd see if there's anything
    > coming out soon? I'd really like to buy something more than 6mp but the
    > Kodak DCS-14n is still pricey and it has a slow flash sync of 1/125.
    >

    > (I have Nikon lenses by the way but I could change if the camera was

    really
    > amazing.)

    14N is pretty good in the studio, and on a tripod if you have PLENTY of
    light, but it's low and medium light performance is terrible. Generally the
    14N is not a good all-around camera.

    Your current choice is between the Fuji S2 Pro and the D100 and if you prize
    resolution and low noise, then you want the S2 Pro.

    If 8mp is important to you, then I'd wait to buy anything until PMA in
    February, see what Fuji announces for the S3, they you can see if you want
    to wait until June 2004 to get it. Same for the successor to the D100.

    HMc

    Howard McCollister, Dec 22, 2003
  6. AFN

    Mark Johnson Guest

    "AFN" <> wrote:

    >anyone know of any 8mp or higher SLRs coming out soon? I hear Nikon is

    Well, I hear Canon is already marketing something called the 1Ds,
    which is 10-11MP. Is that big enough?

    You have $5000-7000 you aren't using at the moment? It's only money,
    apparently.

    Mark Johnson, Dec 22, 2003