  1. Some pictures playback perfectly on the LCD but are VERY underexposed
    when downloaded to the PC. Both the thumbnail and the opened file are
    underexposed. Is there a fix for this problem? Thank you.
    photocutoutscom, Nov 27, 2006

  2. photocutoutscom

    Roy G Guest

    "photocutoutscom" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Some pictures playback perfectly on the LCD but are VERY underexposed
    > when downloaded to the PC. Both the thumbnail and the opened file are
    > underexposed. Is there a fix for this problem? Thank you.

    How are you measuring or estimating this underexposure??

    Is it just by looking at your computer screen, and or the Review screen on
    the Camera??

    Both of those are adjustable for brightness, so which is correct??

    Try checking the Image Histograms on the Camera and Computer. This will
    give you an indication, once you understand how to read them.
    And / or get your Monitor Calibrated, so that its brightness is at the
    correct level.
    Roy G, Nov 27, 2006

  3. Roy G wrote:

    > How are you measuring or estimating this underexposure??
    >
    > Is it just by looking at your computer screen, and or the Review screen on
    > the Camera??
    >
    > Both of those are adjustable for brightness, so which is correct??

    Thanks for your reply, Roy.

    It only happens to 2 or 3 out of 85 images, so it's not like the
    monitor brightness is set low. The historgram on the camera and in
    Photoshop show the same distribution. The image on the camera is
    perfect, but the image on the monitor looks as though the flash didn't
    fire. It takes so much brightness adjustment in Photoshop that the
    image gets washed out before it's right. Same thing if I use Levels
    adjustment instead of brightness. It's just very strange because the
    other 80+ images are perfect. EXIF data shows the good and bad images
    were taken at the same camera settings.
    photocutoutscom, Nov 28, 2006