  1. Guest

    Thanks. I lost my link.

    , Jan 20, 2007

  2. sittingduck Guest

    sittingduck, Jan 20, 2007

  3. Bert Hyman Guest

    In news: ess
    wrote:

    > Thanks. I lost my link.

    http://www.isc.org/

    It's all in there somewhere ...

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, Jan 20, 2007
  4. Mike Easter Guest

    ess wrote:
    Subject: Anyone have the website for looking up group charters.

    Put your question in the body of the news message to provide context for
    the answers of the respondents.

    The respondent shouldn't have to paste your subject into the body to
    have a context/question to answer. We don't answer the question in the
    subject, so don't put the question in the subject.

    The new users nnq links website
    http://members.fortunecity.com/nnqweb/nnqlinks.html has a page:

    http://members.fortunecity.com/nnqweb/nfaq.html#charters FAQS =
    Frequently Asked Questions - How do I get the Charters for newsgroups?

    Only the big8 newsgroups are required to have charters, here:
    ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/news.announce.newgroups/ RFDs, CFVs and
    Charters

    Such as alt.groups might only have control messages here
    ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/control/

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jan 20, 2007
  5. why? Guest

    On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 14:02:24 -0800, braveheart wrote:

    >Thanks. I lost my link.

    That would be Usenet in general? Usenet for your ISP?

    As in www.google.com ?
    search for -

    usenet group charters

    UK Hierarchy Charters
    group, where such group exists. Each group charter should include this
    restriction ... This is an important sub-hierarchy for the discussion
    of Usenet News. ...
    www.usenet.org.uk/hierarchy.html - 31k - Cached - Similar pages

    Usenet US Hierarchy Group Charters
    Usenet US Hierarchy Group Charters. us.arts · us.arts.poetry ·
    us.config · us.issues · us.issues.abortion · us.legal ·
    us.legal.self-represent · us.military ...
    http://usenetnews.us/charters.htm - 2k - Cached - Similar pages

    Me

    why?, Jan 21, 2007
  6. Guest

    On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 12:36:48 +0000, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:

    >On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 14:02:24 -0800, braveheart wrote:
    >
    >>Thanks. I lost my link.

    >That would be Usenet in general? Usenet for your ISP?
    >
    >As in www.google.com ?
    >search for -
    >
    >usenet group charters

    This is what I was looking for.
    ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/control/[hierarchy]/[group.name].gz

    , Jan 21, 2007