    mentions or explains the creation
    "joshua's " voice in the film.

    Matt

    Matt Ferrari, Sep 1, 2003

  2. On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 16:51:14 GMT, "Matt Ferrari" <>
    wrote:

    >wondering if the commentary on it
    >mentions or explains the creation
    >"joshua's " voice in the film.
    >
    >Matt

    They wanted to base it on a childs voice.
    They tried
    "recording some children, who were 9 or 10 years old. It didn't work very
    well, so this voice is really based on John Wood, the Faulken character,
    and I had John Wood read all the dialog, literally backwords
    into the microphone, so he would say a sentence starting with the end of
    the sentence and working his way to the front of the sentence,
    so that he would say each word in a flat way, and then we would re arrange
    the words and take his voice, and synthesise it and process to give it an
    electronic quality not unlike you were getting on AT and T at the time with
    their voice synthesis which is, Walter you say is very primative at the
    time."

    Starts around 40:15 or so into the film.

    ============================

    http://www.onlinerock.com/musicians/dyuob/
    "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart,
    or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart.
    I recommend pleasant."

    Dyuob Poltice, Sep 1, 2003

  3. Matt Ferrari

    Matt Ferrari Guest

    "Dyuob Poltice" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 16:51:14 GMT, "Matt Ferrari" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >wondering if the commentary on it
    > >mentions or explains the creation
    > >"joshua's " voice in the film.
    > >
    > >Matt
    > >

    > They wanted to base it on a childs voice.
    > They tried
    > "recording some children, who were 9 or 10 years old. It didn't work very
    > well, so this voice is really based on John Wood, the Faulken character,
    > and I had John Wood read all the dialog, literally backwords
    > into the microphone, so he would say a sentence starting with the end of
    > the sentence and working his way to the front of the sentence,
    > so that he would say each word in a flat way, and then we would re arrange
    > the words and take his voice, and synthesise it and process to give it an
    > electronic quality not unlike you were getting on AT and T at the time

    with
    > their voice synthesis which is, Walter you say is very primative at the
    > time."
    >
    > Starts around 40:15 or so into the film.
    >
    > Thanks very much for the reply, more info than I could find online for

    sure!

    Matt

    Matt Ferrari, Sep 1, 2003