Anyone have steps for installing xp x86 on a machine that has xpx64 installed?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by bjr, May 19, 2006.

  1. bjr

    bjr Guest

    Subject says it all

    bjr, May 19, 2006

  2. bjr

    Rick Guest

    Re: Anyone have steps for installing xp x86 on a machine that hasxp x64 installed?

    Do you want to add x86 and dual boot, or do you want to replace x64?

    Your subject does not say it all. A subject is supposed to be short and
    to the point. You should then clarify what you want in the body.

    So, you did not accomplish much by the way you went about it. You now
    have to be a bit more specific as to what you want to do.

    As far as I know we don't have any mind readings in this news group!

    Rick, May 19, 2006

  3. bjr

    John Barnes Guest

    Re: Anyone have steps for installing xp x86 on a machine that has xp x64 installed?

    And it makes a difference whether it is one drive, two drives, do you have
    your second partition or free space, etc. Charlie has a blog on the subject
    which Andre will be able to post when he arrives.

    John Barnes, May 19, 2006
  4. Re: Anyone have steps for installing xp x86 on a machine that has xp x64 installed?

    Please visit Charlie Russels excellent blog for detailed information on
    installing and configuring Windows XP Professional x64:
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    ;-)
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], May 19, 2006
  5. bjr

    John Barnes Guest

    Re: Anyone have steps for installing xp x86 on a machine that has xp x64 installed?

    Can ALWAYS count on Andre ;-)
    Thanks

    John Barnes, May 19, 2006
  6. Re: Anyone have steps for installing xp x86 on a machine that has xp x64 installed?

    Yeah, he makes it easy. I hardly ever get a chance...

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 19, 2006
  7. Re: Anyone have steps for installing xp x86 on a machine that has xp x64 installed?

    doesn't quite say it all. Do you want to replace x64? Or run in dual boot?

    For dual boot, see:

    For more on dual and multiple boot scenarios with x64 Edition (or any
    others, actually), you might find the detailed blog I did on this of
    interest and use.

    http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2005/11/21/76180.aspx

    HTH.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 19, 2006
  8. Re: Anyone have steps for installing xp x86 on a machine that has xp x64 installed?

    Hey Charlie, I love the new addition to your signature. hehe ;)

    Andre Da Costa, May 19, 2006
  9. bjr

    John Barnes Guest

    Re: Anyone have steps for installing xp x86 on a machine that has xp x64 installed?

    You write 'em, and Andre links 'em and everybody wins. :)

    John Barnes, May 19, 2006
  10. Re: Anyone have steps for installing xp x86 on a machine that has xp x64 installed?

    I wish OE had a way to shorten that link when used as a signature. But there
    it is.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 19, 2006
  11. bjr

    bjr Guest

    Re: Anyone have steps for installing xp x86 on a machine that hasxp x64 installed?

    This should be enough detail for you:

    I have 2 SATA drives (non raid). Drive 0 has XP X64 on a primary and
    Vista x64 in a logical partition in an extended partition. Drive 1 had
    XP x86 on it's primary partition and different XP X64 in a logical
    partition in an extended partition. The XP x86 (complete partition
    backup up done via Acronis 9.1) was upgraded to Vista x86. I will
    replace it with the complete backup when the next Vista build is
    available an do another Vista X86 upgrade.

    I don't anticipate any problems reverting back to before the 2 Vista
    installs, but I wanted to have a plan B in case I had a problem.

    I knew Charlie had an a blog entry on the process, just wanted to locate
    it for reference if I needed it.
    Thanks

    bjr, May 19, 2006
  12. Re: Anyone have steps for installing xp x86 on a machine that hasxp x64 installed?

    bjr wrote:
    > Subject says it all

    Simply boot from the WinXP installation CD. You'll be offered the
    installation process. (You may need to re-arrange the order of boot

    HOW TO Install Windows XP

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm