    Any help with PhotoStory4 or advice on another piece of software to try
    that won't break the bank?

    Thanks
    Seattle Ag, Mar 26, 2006

  2. Seattle Ag wrote:
    > I'm having a hard time creating a CD with pics, mp3s for sound, and
    > mpegs. I can create the slideshow and play it on the computer just
    > fine, but when it comes to making a CD it just doesn't read on my DVD
    > player.
    >
    > The documention calls for a VCD (video CD) but I'm told this is just a
    > regular CD that has the software format the video presentation so it
    > can be played on the tv etc.
    >
    > Any help with PhotoStory4 or advice on another piece of software to try
    > that won't break the bank?

    Do you mean Microsoft Photostory? If so, it is only at version 3 as far
    as I know. I found a few other products called Photostory, but these had
    a year instead of version number.

    I've used MS Photostory 3 to create both DVDs and VCDs with no problem
    (I used Nero to burn the discs). If you are burning a VCD are you sure
    your DVD player can play VCDs?

    --
    - Barry
    Barry L. Wallis, Mar 26, 2006

  3. Seattle Ag <> wrote:
    : I'm having a hard time creating a CD with pics, mp3s for sound, and
    : mpegs. I can create the slideshow and play it on the computer just
    : fine, but when it comes to making a CD it just doesn't read on my DVD
    : player.

    : The documention calls for a VCD (video CD) but I'm told this is just a
    : regular CD that has the software format the video presentation so it
    : can be played on the tv etc.

    Yes a VCD is a standard blank CD with additional files and a specific set
    of settings. But not all DVD players will play VCDs. Early DVD players did
    not recognize the format, and it seems to me that some of the newer (and
    cheaper) units are dropping VCD format in favor of other capabilities. So
    the format may be on the way out (JMHO). Of course many of the latter
    units are able to display Jpegs.

    Randy

    Randy Berbaum
    Champaign, IL