    Would like to buy over the Net but can't find even one review of.

    tia
    jd
    Jimmy Dean, Nov 16, 2005

  2. Jimmy Dean

    jils Guest

    i have an AL702 17"
    had it about 3 years, it's been great. does that help?
    the model you're looking at must be newer & therefore better!

    jils, Nov 16, 2005

  3. Jimmy Dean

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, Jimmy Dean
    <> wrote:

    > Just wondering if they have any glaring flaws?
    >
    > Would like to buy over the Net but can't find even one review of.

    I'm using a AL1714 and have only two complaints; when it turns on, it
    displays an Acer splash screen.
    I don't need to be reminded of the brand, and I resent having it pushed
    in my face every day.
    More significantly, the brightness can't be turned down enough; it's
    display range seems built for extremely harsh, intense brightness.
    Mitch, Nov 16, 2005
  4. Jimmy Dean

    AGEE Guest

    On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:57:04 GMT, Mitch <> wrote:

    >In article <>, Jimmy Dean
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> Just wondering if they have any glaring flaws?
    >>
    >> Would like to buy over the Net but can't find even one review of.

    >I'm using a AL1714 and have only two complaints; when it turns on, it
    >displays an Acer splash screen.
    >I don't need to be reminded of the brand, and I resent having it pushed
    >in my face every day.

    There is also an Acer logo on the top left of the case and AL1741 on
    the top right so you get reminded even when it is turned off.

    >More significantly, the brightness can't be turned down enough; it's
    >display range seems built for extremely harsh, intense brightness.

    Seems okay to me.

    Only problem I had was with the inbuilt speakers. Had to dig out the
    old speakers that came with the keyboard.
    AGEE, Nov 16, 2005