Anyone have a reliable source for digicam batteries ...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Speedmaster, May 15, 2007.

  1. Speedmaster

    Speedmaster Guest

    The battery (NB-1LH) in our Canon S200 is shot.

    Anyone have a reliable US source they recommend for replacement
    digicam batteries, w/ decent prices?

    Thanks in advance!

    Chris
    http://amateureconblog.blogspot.com/
    Speedmaster, May 15, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Speedmaster

    Ed Ruf Guest

    Ed Ruf, May 15, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Speedmaster

    Speedmaster Guest

    Speedmaster, May 15, 2007
    #3
  4. Speedmaster

    bluezfolk Guest

    On May 15, 11:43 am, Speedmaster <> wrote:
    > The battery (NB-1LH) in our Canon S200 is shot.
    >
    > Anyone have a reliable US source they recommend for replacement
    > digicam batteries, w/ decent prices?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    >
    > Chrishttp://amateureconblog.blogspot.com/


    give www.batterybob.com a try.
    bluezfolk, May 15, 2007
    #4
  5. Speedmaster

    Guest

    On Tue, 15 May 2007 13:29:35 -0400, Ed Ruf <"Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)"
    <>> wrote:

    >On 15 May 2007 09:43:26 -0700, in rec.photo.digital Speedmaster
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>The battery (NB-1LH) in our Canon S200 is shot.
    >>
    >>Anyone have a reliable US source they recommend for replacement
    >>digicam batteries, w/ decent prices?

    >
    >http:\\www.thomas-distributing.com
    >-


    I bought a pack of 4 AA Mahas from them when 2000 mAh ones were the newest
    high-capacity. They lasted about 50 charge cycles before they wouldn't provide a
    sustained current during their charge. After about 1/4th of the charge was gone
    their remaining charge came out so slow they couldn't even power a flash-unit.
    It would take over a minute to charge up the capacitor.. I tried to recharge
    them again just yesterday when going through a box of bad-purchases. They won't
    even power a small fluorescent shelf-light anymore because the current is so
    low. A wasted $25 (at the time).

    I've stopped listening to lots of online advice from others that all point their
    fingers to the same seller or manufacturer because of this. I've had better luck
    buying "Non-net-police Approved" items. Their credibility of passing on a "good
    deal" just because someone else typed it or they read it somewhere on the net,
    has failed too many times in my experiences.

    Guess which batteries that I bought recently are now the most consistent in
    current output and holding the most charge? Sony 2700 mAh ones for $11 for a
    pack of 4 that come in a nice handy carrying case. I got them from Adorama.
    Screw thomas-distributing Maha batteries. The only reason they are popular is
    due to their net popularity, not for their true quality. I'd never buy from them
    again.
    , May 16, 2007
    #5
  6. On Tue, 15 May 2007 18:54:58 -0500, in rec.photo.digital
    wrote:

    >I bought a pack of 4 AA Mahas from them when 2000 mAh ones were the newest
    >high-capacity.


    snip

    >Guess which batteries that I bought recently are now the most consistent in
    >current output and holding the most charge? Sony 2700 mAh ones for $11 for a
    >pack of 4 that come in a nice handy carrying case. I got them from Adorama.
    >Screw thomas-distributing Maha batteries. The only reason they are popular is
    >due to their net popularity, not for their true quality. I'd never buy from them
    >again.


    Read the OP again. No one is talking about AA NiMh batteries. Quit your
    ranting, it is off topic.
    --
    Ed Ruf ()
    http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/General/index.html
    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), May 16, 2007
    #6
  7. Speedmaster

    George Kerby Guest

    On 5/15/07 12:29 PM, in article ,
    "Ed Ruf >" <"Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)" <>
    wrote:

    > On 15 May 2007 09:43:26 -0700, in rec.photo.digital Speedmaster
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> The battery (NB-1LH) in our Canon S200 is shot.
    >>
    >> Anyone have a reliable US source they recommend for replacement
    >> digicam batteries, w/ decent prices?

    >
    > http:\\www.thomas-distributing.com
    > -
    > Ed Ruf ()
    > http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/General/index.html

    Thomas is great. One of his employees gave me some crap because she sent me
    the wrong items. He overheard. When she hung up after chewing out my ass, he
    got the info and called me back to personally apologize and told me to keep
    the wrong stuff and shipped the right batteries to me w/o shipping charges.

    The prices can't be beat afaik, either...
    George Kerby, May 16, 2007
    #7
  8. Speedmaster

    Mike Russell Guest

    "George Kerby" <> wrote in message
    news:C2708A3A.27634%\...
    > Thomas is great. One of his employees gave me some crap because she sent
    > me
    > the wrong items. He overheard. When she hung up after chewing out my ass,
    > he
    > got the info and called me back to personally apologize and told me to
    > keep
    > the wrong stuff and shipped the right batteries to me w/o shipping
    > charges.
    >
    > The prices can't be beat afaik, either...


    I second that recommendation good batteries and chargers at a low price .
    I've bought a bunch of stuff from them www.thomasdistributing.com

    BTW - Hi George - I'm still using the SunPak you sold me a few years ago.
    --

    Mike Russell
    www.curvemeister.com/forum/
    Mike Russell, May 16, 2007
    #8
  9. Speedmaster

    Charlie Self Guest

    On May 15, 7:54�pm, wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 May 2007 13:29:35 -0400, Ed Ruf <"Ed Ruf  (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)"
    >
    > <>> wrote:
    > >On 15 May 2007 09:43:26 -0700, in rec.photo.digital Speedmaster
    > ><> wrote:

    >
    > >>The battery (NB-1LH) in our Canon S200 is shot.

    >
    > >>Anyone have a reliable US source they recommend for replacement
    > >>digicam batteries, w/ decent prices?

    >
    > >http:\\www.thomas-distributing.com
    > >-

    >
    > I bought a pack of 4 AA Mahas from them when 2000 mAh ones were the newest
    > high-capacity. They lasted about 50 charge cycles before they wouldn't provide a
    > sustained current during their charge. After about 1/4th of the charge was gone
    > their remaining charge came out so slow they couldn't even power a flash-unit.
    > It would take over a minute to charge up the capacitor.. I tried to recharge
    > them again just yesterday when going through a box of bad-purchases. They won't
    > even power a small fluorescent shelf-light anymore because the current is so
    > low. A wasted $25 (at the time).
    >
    > I've stopped listening to lots of online advice from others that all point their
    > fingers to the same seller or manufacturer because of this. I've had better luck
    > buying "Non-net-police Approved" items. Their credibility of passing on a "good
    > deal" just because someone else typed it or they read it somewhere on the net,
    > has failed too many times in my experiences.
    >
    > Guess which batteries that I bought recently are now the most consistent in
    > current output and holding the most charge? Sony 2700 mAh ones for $11 for a
    > pack of 4 that come in a nice handy carrying case. I got them from Adorama.
    > Screw thomas-distributing Maha batteries. The only reason they are popular is
    > due to their net popularity, not for their true quality. I'd never buy from them
    > again.


    And there was absolutely nothing wrong with your treatment of them, of
    course, and you contacted Thomas and they told you where to head in,
    so you... Uh, yeah.

    All I use are NiMH, or, rather, AAs, so I buy from Thomas only
    occasionally, but I've had good results there.
    Charlie Self, May 17, 2007
    #9
  10. Speedmaster

    George Kerby Guest

    On 5/16/07 4:42 PM, in article
    9VK2i.2910$, "Mike Russell"
    <-MOVE> wrote:

    > "George Kerby" <> wrote in message
    > news:C2708A3A.27634%\...
    >> Thomas is great. One of his employees gave me some crap because she sent
    >> me
    >> the wrong items. He overheard. When she hung up after chewing out my ass,
    >> he
    >> got the info and called me back to personally apologize and told me to
    >> keep
    >> the wrong stuff and shipped the right batteries to me w/o shipping
    >> charges.
    >>
    >> The prices can't be beat afaik, either...

    >
    > I second that recommendation good batteries and chargers at a low price .
    > I've bought a bunch of stuff from them www.thomasdistributing.com
    >
    > BTW - Hi George - I'm still using the SunPak you sold me a few years ago.

    The 511 "Potato Masher"? Glad you like it!
    George Kerby, May 17, 2007
    #10
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. David Kassnoff

    Aftermarket digicam batteries

    David Kassnoff, Sep 18, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    381
    Jim Townsend
    Sep 18, 2003
  2. Julian St.Cloud
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    315
    Julian St.Cloud
    Dec 24, 2003
  3. Veggie
    Replies:
    13
    Views:
    594
  4. RedPenguin
    Replies:
    24
    Views:
    705
    John Turco
    Oct 9, 2007
  5. Giuen
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    668
    Giuen
    Sep 12, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page