Anyone has A+ OS Transcender??

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Dilash Krish, Oct 16, 2003.

  1. Dilash Krish

    Dilash Krish Guest

    Hi Guys & Gals,

    I just finished my core and am now preparing for the OS exam. I used the
    transcender for the core exam and it was very helpful. I don't have a
    transcender for the OS. I am wondering if anyone can help me get one or
    trade for the Core transcender.

    I would very much appreciate your help.

    Thanks,
    KD.
    Dilash Krish, Oct 16, 2003
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Dilash Krish

    Tony Sivori Guest

    On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 18:25:36 -0400, Dilash Krish wrote:

    > I just finished my core and am now preparing for the OS exam. I used the
    > transcender for the core exam and it was very helpful. I don't have a
    > transcender for the OS. I am wondering if anyone can help me get one


    Of course I can help.
    http://www.transcender.com/

    --
    Tony Sivori
    Tony Sivori, Oct 17, 2003
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Dilash Krish

    jose3030 Guest

    On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 14:31:54 -0400, Tony Sivori
    <TonySivoriM$> wrote:

    >On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 18:25:36 -0400, Dilash Krish wrote:
    >
    >> I just finished my core and am now preparing for the OS exam. I used the
    >> transcender for the core exam and it was very helpful. I don't have a
    >> transcender for the OS. I am wondering if anyone can help me get one

    >
    >Of course I can help.
    >http://www.transcender.com/


    $89.
    I just bought it on there.
    It's not cheap but it's worth your time and effort.
    Trust me on that.
    jose3030, Oct 20, 2003
    #3
  4. Dilash Krish

    Shadooby Wop Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    >
    >On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 14:31:54 -0400, Tony Sivori
    ><TonySivoriM$> wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 18:25:36 -0400, Dilash Krish wrote:
    >>
    >>> I just finished my core and am now preparing for the OS exam. I used the
    >>> transcender for the core exam and it was very helpful. I don't have a
    >>> transcender for the OS. I am wondering if anyone can help me get one

    >>
    >>Of course I can help.
    >>http://www.transcender.com/

    >
    >$89.
    >I just bought it on there.
    >It's not cheap but it's worth your time and effort.
    >Trust me on that.


    Or trust me, I didn't buy it, I pirated it and I found Braindumps and
    FreeCompTia to be far more useful. Some of the answers in the Transcender were
    just plain wrong, much worse than practice exams on my Sybex and Jean Andrews
    CDs.. There is a little something called cognitive dissonance which could
    explain why someone who spent $89 on Transcender would want to believe they
    hadn't shelled out for a substandered product, and why they would look for
    communal reinforcement by asking others to trust them.

    >
    Shadooby Wop, Oct 21, 2003
    #4
  5. Dilash Krish

    lorie Guest

    Ok, and how did you pirat it because I can't find it.
    THanx.

    > Or trust me, I didn't buy it, I pirated it and I found Braindumps and
    > FreeCompTia to be far more useful. Some of the answers in the Transcender were
    > just plain wrong, much worse than practice exams on my Sybex and Jean Andrews
    > CDs.. There is a little something called cognitive dissonance which could
    > explain why someone who spent $89 on Transcender would want to believe they
    > hadn't shelled out for a substandered product, and why they would look for
    > communal reinforcement by asking others to trust them.
    lorie, Oct 24, 2003
    #5
  6. Dilash Krish

    Tony Sivori Guest

    On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 07:07:55 +0000, Shadooby Wop wrote:
    > wrote:
    >>$89.
    >>I just bought it on there.
    >>It's not cheap but it's worth your time and effort. Trust me on that.

    >
    > Or trust me, I didn't buy it, I pirated it and I found Braindumps and
    > FreeCompTia to be far more useful. Some of the answers in the
    > Transcender were just plain wrong, much worse than practice exams on my
    > Sybex and Jean Andrews CDs..


    Personally, I would not spend the money on Transcender for A+ because the
    test is too easy if you actually study. Not to mention there are many free
    practice tests. But among those who hold many certifications, Transcender
    is generally very highly regarded.

    > There is a little something called
    > cognitive dissonance which could explain why someone who spent $89 on
    > Transcender would want to believe they hadn't shelled out for a
    > substandered product, and why they would look for communal reinforcement
    > by asking others to trust them.


    And you have a need to trumpet the fact that you are a thief, and thus
    somehow better than an honest man. What does that say about your
    psychology, wise one?

    --
    Tony Sivori
    Tony Sivori, Oct 24, 2003
    #6
  7. Dilash Krish

    Tony Sivori Guest

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:15:47 -0700, lorie wrote:

    > Ok, and how did you pirat it because I can't find it. THanx.


    Maybe you should learn one new thing at a time. Either concentrate on
    learning to be a tech, or concentrate on learning to be a thief. You may
    be better suited to the occupation of thief, as anyone who can't figure
    out how to steal software off the Internet is likely only a few brain
    waves away from total brain death.

    --
    Tony Sivori
    Tony Sivori, Oct 24, 2003
    #7
  8. Dilash Krish

    Shadooby Guest

    In article <>,
    TonySivoriM$ says...
    >
    >
    >And you have a need to trumpet the fact that you are a thief, and thus
    >somehow better than an honest man. What does that say about your
    >psychology, wise one?


    Not a whole lot since I mentioned it merely as a means to demonstrate how
    cognitive dissonance works in a consumer environment. I also got the Jean
    Andrews material for free but I didn't steal it, so therefore I am able to make
    a direct unbiased comparison. The Transcender material is inferior.

    >Personally, I would not spend the money on Transcender for A+ because the
    >test is too easy if you actually study. Not to mention there are many free
    >practice tests. But among those who hold many certifications, Transcender
    >is generally very highly regarded.


    Since you indicate you would not pirate it and since you say you would not buy
    it, just how much experience with the Transcender A+ material do you have? I'm
    betting slim to none, since you've qualified your recommendation of Transcender
    material not from first hand experience, but because "..among those who hold
    many certifications, Transcender is generally very highly regarded."

    Lets let the casual reader decide. You've never used nor bought Transcender
    and you think it is worth the price tag. You've also made no indication that
    you are familiar with any competing products. I've used A+ Transcender though
    I didn't buy it and I know it is not worth the price compared to other
    competing study material I am familiar with.
    Shadooby, Oct 26, 2003
    #8
  9. Dilash Krish

    Shadooby Guest

    In article <>,
    TonySivoriM$ says...
    >
    >On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:15:47 -0700, lorie wrote:
    >
    >> Ok, and how did you pirat it because I can't find it. THanx.

    >
    >Maybe you should learn one new thing at a time. Either concentrate on
    >learning to be a tech, or concentrate on learning to be a thief. You may
    >be better suited to the occupation of thief, as anyone who can't figure
    >out how to steal software off the Internet is likely only a few brain
    >waves away from total brain death.



    On the other hand one reason Transcender may be hard to find is because its
    crap and nobody keeps it on their hard drives because it is a waste of space.
    Shadooby, Oct 26, 2003
    #9
  10. Dilash Krish

    Tony Sivori Guest

    Shadooby wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > TonySivoriM$ says...
    >
    >>Personally, I would not spend the money on Transcender for A+ because
    >>the test is too easy if you actually study. Not to mention there are
    >>many free practice tests. But among those who hold many certifications,
    >>Transcender is generally very highly regarded.

    >
    > Since you indicate you would not pirate it and since you say you would
    > not buy it, just how much experience with the Transcender A+ material do
    > you have?


    None. I never claimed to have any experience with Transcender.

    But I've been reading several certification newsgroups for a couple of
    years, and I have seen and noted the opinions of many who are seeking
    certifications.

    > I'm betting slim to none, since you've qualified your recommendation of
    > Transcender material not from first hand experience, but because
    > "..among those who hold many certifications, Transcender is generally
    > very highly regarded."
    >
    > Lets let the casual reader decide.


    I agree, readers should not accept only my opinion, or yours. That's what
    Google is for.
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?G18622656

    Anyone thinking of buying Transcender should perform a search similar to
    the one above, and get the opinions of *everyone* who mentioned
    Transcender (minus those who are only looking for cracks and keys) in the
    past year in any certification newsgroup. Let them read the experience and
    opinions of all and then decide for themselves.

    > You've never used nor bought Transcender and you think it is worth the
    > price tag.


    No, I specifically said that - to me, anyway - Transcender for A+ it is
    not worth the price. To quote my earlier post: "Personally, I would not
    spend the money on Transcender for A+ because the test is too easy if you
    actually study."

    > You've also made no indication that you are familiar with any competing
    > products.


    Well, let's see. I'm A+ certified, and I'm studying for XP MCP (I just
    snagged Mike Meyer's Passport to XP 70-270 at the public library, how's
    that for cheap), Network + and Linux +. I've never bought any practice
    test (excluding those bundled with books) and I don't intend to. Instead I
    have a rather radical plan, and it's called learning the material.

    The only time I'd seriously consider paying good money for a practice test
    is if I were taking a test with a really killer reputation, such as
    70-216.

    > I've used A+ Transcender though I didn't buy it and I know it is not
    > worth the price compared to other competing study material I am familiar
    > with.


    That's your opinion and it is as valid as anyone's. But it is also true
    that it is only one person's opinion.

    Personally, I think that all practice tests and videos are grossly
    overpriced. As are most of the certificate mill schools. There seems to be
    much more money in teaching IT certifications than having IT
    certifications.

    You'll learn more at a lot cheaper price by studying a well selected book,
    and, if necessary, picking up some used hardware to get some hands on
    experience.

    --
    Tony Sivori
    Tony Sivori, Oct 26, 2003
    #10
  11. Dilash Krish

    Tony Sivori Guest

    Shadooby wrote:
    >
    > On the other hand one reason Transcender may be hard to find is because
    > its crap and nobody keeps it on their hard drives because it is a waste
    > of space.


    I searched and in less than three minutes I found several pirated
    Transcender tests (although none of them happened to be for A+). You can
    take my word for it, or not, as this is alt.certification.a-plus not
    alt.how-to-steal-software and I have no interest in providing details or
    coaching wannabe pirates.

    --
    Tony Sivori
    Tony Sivori, Oct 26, 2003
    #11
  12. Dilash Krish

    Shadooby Guest

    In article <>,
    TonySivoriM$ says...
    >
    >No, I specifically said that - to me, anyway - Transcender for A+ it is
    >not worth the price. To quote my earlier post: "Personally, I would not
    >spend the money on Transcender for A+ because the test is too easy if you
    >actually study."
    >


    Sorry, got you mixed up with 'jose'.
    Shadooby, Oct 26, 2003
    #12
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Scott

    Transcender VBT ????

    Scott, Oct 15, 2003, in forum: Microsoft Certification
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    585
    Scott
    Oct 15, 2003
  2. Joel Eusebio

    Transcender ManageCert 5.0

    Joel Eusebio, Nov 25, 2003, in forum: Microsoft Certification
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    534
    Lorne Smith
    Nov 26, 2003
  3. John

    Hacking Transcender

    John, Aug 17, 2004, in forum: Microsoft Certification
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    1,299
    Mark Fugatt [MVP]
    Aug 17, 2004
  4. John

    Transcender A+

    John, Aug 20, 2004, in forum: Microsoft Certification
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    683
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    Aug 20, 2004
  5. phillip

    Boson vs. Transcender for BSCI

    phillip, Nov 15, 2004, in forum: Cisco
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    990
    phillip
    Nov 15, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page