    Went online to my sipgate page and found one mystery call made to my mobile
    but not the other 5 or 6..

    Very spooky

    RH, Aug 15, 2005

  2. RH

    Guest

    On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 11:00:57 +0100, "RH"
    <> wrote:

    >Went online to my sipgate page and found one mystery call made to my mobile
    >but not the other 5 or 6..
    >
    >Very spooky

    Expect ANYTHING if Sipgate is involved in any way .

    , Aug 15, 2005

  3. RH

    RH Guest

    >>Went online to my sipgate page and found one mystery call made to my
    >>mobile
    >>but not the other 5 or 6..
    >>
    >>Very spooky
    >>

    > Expect ANYTHING if Sipgate is involved in any way .

    Fair play to Sipgate, support did come back via email in less than a hour.
    Could not explain it but they did come back

    RH, Aug 15, 2005
  4. RH

    Chris Blunt Guest

    On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:07:48 +0100, "RH"
    <> wrote:

    >>>Went online to my sipgate page and found one mystery call made to my
    >>>mobile
    >>>but not the other 5 or 6..
    >>>
    >>>Very spooky
    >>>

    >> Expect ANYTHING if Sipgate is involved in any way .

    >Fair play to Sipgate, support did come back via email in less than a hour.
    >Could not explain it but they did come back

    Its strange they could not explain it. You would have thought they
    could easily have determined what initiated that call on their
    records.

    Chris

    Chris Blunt, Aug 15, 2005
  5. RH

    Joe Harrison Guest

    I've been confused by looking at Sipgate's web page showing your "most
    recent calls", if you click on a phone number shown in the list then a
    javascript runs and starts actually to dial the number. Your IP phone rings
    as well. I don't understand what this is for but it really threw me at
    first. Are you sure it wasn't this?

    Joe Harrison, Aug 15, 2005
  6. RH

    Chris Blunt Guest

    On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:46:29 GMT, "Joe Harrison"
    <> wrote:

    >I've been confused by looking at Sipgate's web page showing your "most
    >recent calls", if you click on a phone number shown in the list then a
    >javascript runs and starts actually to dial the number. Your IP phone rings
    >as well. I don't understand what this is for but it really threw me at
    >first. Are you sure it wasn't this?

    That's a "feature" of Sipgate. You can also initiate a call by
    clicking on a number recorded under your account on their web page. It
    first rings your phone and after you answer it calls the number you
    selected. I don't find it particularly useful. Perhaps its for numeric
    dyslexics who find it difficult to manually dial phone numbers
    correctly.

    Chris

    Chris Blunt, Aug 15, 2005
  7. RH

    RH Guest

    "Joe Harrison" <> wrote in message
    > I've been confused by looking at Sipgate's web page showing your "most
    > recent calls", if you click on a phone number shown in the list then a
    > javascript runs and starts actually to dial the number. Your IP phone
    > rings
    > as well. I don't understand what this is for but it really threw me at
    > first. Are you sure it wasn't this?

    Nope was not this, unless someone was logged in from a different location
    calls started at 9.02 and finished about 10.30 ish.. All rather odd

    RH, Aug 15, 2005
  8. RH

    Ian Guest

    "Chris Blunt" <> wrote in message

    > >> Expect ANYTHING if Sipgate is involved in any way .

    > >Fair play to Sipgate, support did come back via email in less than a

    hour.
    > >Could not explain it but they did come back

    > Its strange they could not explain it. You would have thought they
    > could easily have determined what initiated that call on their
    > records.

    I would have hoped so. if not how do they bill people ?

    I think it sounds like there normal automated response, "Yep we have a
    problem but dont know what it is"

    Again it shows a lack of interest or a lack of knowledge about the equpment
    they are using.

    Ian

    Ian, Aug 15, 2005
  9. RH

    Guest

    On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 18:17:48 +0100, "Ian" <spam"AT"bathfordhill.co.uk>
    wrote:

    >Again it shows a lack of interest or a lack of knowledge about the equpment
    >they are using.

    Probably both .

    , Aug 15, 2005
  10. RH

    Roger Guest

    > Nope was not this, unless someone was logged in from a different location
    > calls started at 9.02 and finished about 10.30 ish.. All rather odd

    I've had this when they've been having problems and calls dont connect -
    suddenly after about half an hour my phone will ring and when I pick it up
    there's nothing there. When I look at the website it says its my home number
    or mobile calling i.e. it seems to have 'stored' the calls I made to check
    if incoming was down as well as outgoing and when things get back up
    connects the call for some reason.

    Roger, Aug 15, 2005
  11. RH

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "RH" <> wrote in message
    > > > Went online to my sipgate page and found one mystery
    > > > call made to my mobile
    > > > but not the other 5 or 6..
    > > >
    > > > Very spooky
    > > >

    > > Expect ANYTHING if Sipgate is involved in any way .

    > Fair play to Sipgate, support did come back via email in
    > less than a hour. Could not explain it but they did come
    > back

    It does seem strange. I don't know the phone you refer to, is it a
    standalone phone or an ATA..? If the latter what is the FXS port impedance
    set to..? That could make a difference, the default is often the US
    setting. Feel free to email me if you want to do any tests.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 16, 2005