    arrive.

    Thanks,

    Damian

    Damo, Dec 25, 2003

  2. Damo

    Skid Guest

    "Damo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I placed an order for the last two Monty Python Boxsets in November with
    > Deep Discount DVD (I have bought the rest of the season from them with no
    > trouble). They were sent out on 29/11/03 but I've still not received them
    > and when I emailed them the other day I just got an automated response.
    >
    > Has anyone had any problems before? They use to take no more than 8 days

    > arrive.

    The grinch at DeepDiscount ruined my Christmas. I ordered four boxed sets as
    gifts on Dec. 3. Three were labeled as back orders, but the estimated ship
    date was 12/12, leaving two full weeks before the holiday.

    I received the in-stock set on 12/15, and noticed that the status of the
    others had not been updated. I called the customer service number as was
    told the other three sets had indeed shipped on 12/12, but the warehouse was
    running behind in updating the order info so it wasn't showing up on the
    website.

    That was a lie.

    A week later I received e-mail stating that two of the three remaining sets
    actually shipped on 12/17 -- too late for Christmas gifts as planned -- and
    the third was STILL on back-order, despite the fact that every other vendor
    listed the same set as in-stock.

    I sent an e-mail complaint to customer service a week ago, and have yet to
    receive any kind of reply.

    Bah, Humbug!

    This is my first bad experience with DD DVD, but it will also be my last.

    Skid, Dec 25, 2003

  3. Damo

    HellRazor Guest

    "Skid" <> wrote in message

    > "Damo" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I placed an order for the last two Monty Python Boxsets in November with
    > > Deep Discount DVD (I have bought the rest of the season from them with

    no
    > > trouble). They were sent out on 29/11/03 but I've still not received

    them
    > > and when I emailed them the other day I just got an automated response.
    > >
    > > Has anyone had any problems before? They use to take no more than 8 days

    > > arrive.

    > The grinch at DeepDiscount ruined my Christmas. I ordered four boxed sets

    as
    > gifts on Dec. 3. Three were labeled as back orders, but the estimated ship
    > date was 12/12, leaving two full weeks before the holiday.
    >
    > I received the in-stock set on 12/15, and noticed that the status of the
    > others had not been updated. I called the customer service number as was
    > told the other three sets had indeed shipped on 12/12, but the warehouse

    was
    > running behind in updating the order info so it wasn't showing up on the
    > website.
    >
    > That was a lie.
    >
    > A week later I received e-mail stating that two of the three remaining

    sets
    > actually shipped on 12/17 -- too late for Christmas gifts as planned --

    and
    > the third was STILL on back-order, despite the fact that every other

    vendor
    > listed the same set as in-stock.
    >
    > I sent an e-mail complaint to customer service a week ago, and have yet to
    > receive any kind of reply.
    >
    > Bah, Humbug!
    >
    > This is my first bad experience with DD DVD, but it will also be my last.

    I ordered a number of items as part of their recent 20% discount promotion.
    A few of the titles were back ordered and it took a few weeks for me to get
    them, but I did receive everything within 3-4 weeks.

    DDD's shipping has always been a little slow, maybe more so with the
    holidays and the big 20% off promotion they ran. Still the best game in
    town for prices, but if you have to have something immediately you're
    probably better off paying a little more elsewhere for faster shipping.

    HellRazor

    HellRazor, Dec 25, 2003
  4. Damo

    Skid Guest

    "HellRazor" <> wrote in message

    > "Skid" <> wrote in message
    > > The grinch at DeepDiscount ruined my Christmas. I ordered four boxed

    sets
    > as
    > > gifts on Dec. 3. Three were labeled as back orders, but the estimated

    ship
    > > date was 12/12, leaving two full weeks before the holiday.
    > >
    > > I received the in-stock set on 12/15, and noticed that the status of the
    > > others had not been updated. I called the customer service number as was
    > > told the other three sets had indeed shipped on 12/12, but the warehouse

    > was
    > > running behind in updating the order info so it wasn't showing up on the
    > > website.
    > >
    > > That was a lie.
    > >
    > > A week later I received e-mail stating that two of the three remaining

    > sets
    > > actually shipped on 12/17 -- too late for Christmas gifts as planned --

    > and
    > > the third was STILL on back-order, despite the fact that every other

    > vendor
    > > listed the same set as in-stock.
    > >
    > > I sent an e-mail complaint to customer service a week ago, and have yet

    > > receive any kind of reply.
    > >
    > > Bah, Humbug!
    > >
    > > This is my first bad experience with DD DVD, but it will also be my

    last.

    > I ordered a number of items as part of their recent 20% discount

    promotion.
    > A few of the titles were back ordered and it took a few weeks for me to

    get
    > them, but I did receive everything within 3-4 weeks.
    >
    > DDD's shipping has always been a little slow, maybe more so with the
    > holidays and the big 20% off promotion they ran. Still the best game in
    > town for prices, but if you have to have something immediately you're
    > probably better off paying a little more elsewhere for faster shipping.
    >
    > HellRazor

    I did place my order three weeks before Christmas. I was told it would be
    delievered before the holiday. Slow shipping and handling is one thing.
    Breaking promised ship dates and outright lying to customers is another.

    Had I been told when I called 10 days before Christmas that my order would
    not be delivered on time, I would have canceled and bought elsewhere. I did
    two separate Amazon orders and a run to my local video shop AFTER the call
    to DeepDiscount, and those purchases went smoothly and on time.

    Instead, I was told DD had shipped when they had not. Fool me once, shame on
    you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

    Skid, Dec 25, 2003
  5. Damo

    SBFan2000 Guest

    I ordered a Mash box set about 7 months ago and they kept telling me it had
    shipped! They told me that on three or four occasions and finally said that
    their records showed it as shipping several times and that they could do
    nothing for me! I filed a report with the BBB and their response to the BBB
    was that they indeed did owe me the set and gave some hugh long excuse that
    the order was never put though after the orginal compaint. In short, they
    lied, either to the BBB or to me when they said it had shipped numerous
    times.

    Its the only problem I have had with them so I will still do business with
    them. But if something else like this happens again I will go elsewhere!
    Good prices or not!

    P.S. I have now received the box set in question!

    SBFan2000, Dec 25, 2003
  6. They are slow for sure if you go the cheap route on shipping.
    I did have an order get lost in the mail from them and it was replaced. The
    whole process took about six weeks or so.

    ominousspiritous, Dec 25, 2003
  7. Damo

    Lord Retsudo Guest

    "Damo" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I placed an order for the last two Monty Python Boxsets in November with
    > Deep Discount DVD (I have bought the rest of the season from them with no
    > trouble). They were sent out on 29/11/03 but I've still not received them
    > and when I emailed them the other day I just got an automated response.
    >
    > Has anyone had any problems before? They use to take no more than 8 days

    > arrive.

    I ordered 4 DVD's separately over the course of September - by the end of
    October, only one of them had arrived, about 2 weeks after I ordered it. I
    contacted them about the other 3 and they re-shipped the first of them by a
    'different shippng method'. It arrived in about 5 days, so I contacted them
    to ask them to re-ship the other 2 by the same method. They refused, saying
    that there was 'a problem with my address'. I replied that I had ordered
    many DVD's from the US/Canada over the last 5 years and had never had a
    single one go missing up to now. They replied to that, saying that they were
    prepared to re-ship them but only if I payed $20 insurance. I refused and
    asked them to refund me for them, which they did. I wouldn't use them
    again, but it's a shame as their prices are very low in some cases.

    Tom

    Lord Retsudo, Dec 26, 2003
  8. Damo

    Wade365 Guest

    All of this grumbling makes me lean towards paying a few extra shekels for
    Criterion's "Fiend without a Face"... too bad as their price was about $7 US
    less than anywhere else.

    DVDEmpire.com here I come, I guess (Had excellent service through them!)

    Thanks for all of the stories, frustrating as they may be for the purchasers in
    question... good luck on gettin' yer goods!

    Wade365, Dec 26, 2003
  9. Damo wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I placed an order for the last two Monty Python Boxsets in November with
    > Deep Discount DVD (I have bought the rest of the season from them with no
    > trouble). They were sent out on 29/11/03 but I've still not received them
    > and when I emailed them the other day I just got an automated response.
    >
    > Has anyone had any problems before? They use to take no more than 8 days to
    > arrive.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Damian

    Starting in September or so I noticed they were getting much slower than
    they normally were. But everything I order from them has arrived, even
    one that took so long I thought it had gotten lost in the mail.

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Dec 26, 2003
  10. In all fairness, I think it was folly to expect a mail order item to
    arrive on time during the Holidays. You should have ordered earlier or
    bought in a store.

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Dec 26, 2003
  11. Skid wrote:
    > I did place my order three weeks before Christmas. I was told it would be
    > delievered before the holiday. Slow shipping and handling is one thing.
    > Breaking promised ship dates and outright lying to customers is another.

    They're not lying, those are *projected* arrival dates, it says so in
    your confirmation email. If you talked to some goober over the phone
    who actually said it would arrive within ten days, then that is the
    goober's fault for not understanding this, not DDD's, necessarily.

    > Had I been told when I called 10 days before Christmas that my order would
    > not be delivered on time, I would have canceled and bought elsewhere. I did
    > two separate Amazon orders and a run to my local video shop AFTER the call
    > to DeepDiscount, and those purchases went smoothly and on time.

    DDD is where you go for really low prices, not super-fast shipping.
    It's always a good idea to read up on a vendor before buying from them.
    Next time you're buying online do a Google search of past newsgroup posts.

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Dec 26, 2003
  12. Wade365 wrote:

    > All of this grumbling makes me lean towards paying a few extra shekels for
    > Criterion's "Fiend without a Face"... too bad as their price was about $7 US
    > less than anywhere else.
    >
    > DVDEmpire.com here I come, I guess (Had excellent service through them!)
    >
    > Thanks for all of the stories, frustrating as they may be for the purchasers in
    > question... good luck on gettin' yer goods!

    I have had plenty of slow-shipping problems with DDD (starting around
    September, before that I got everything I ordered in exactly five days,
    even with Postal Service shipping), but I have always gotten my orders
    in the end. If a guy writes a post asking if people have had problems
    with DDD, of course a half dozen or so people are going to bring up
    their horror stories, even the best business has horror stories. Don't
    let that stop you from doing business with them. They have a very high
    vendor rating on www.dvdpricesearch.com, which means most people are
    very pleased with them.

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Dec 26, 2003
  13. Damo

    Skid Guest

    "Grand Inquisitor" <> wrote in message
    > In all fairness, I think it was folly to expect a mail order item to
    > arrive on time during the Holidays. You should have ordered earlier or
    > bought in a store.

    In all fairness, three orders to two other online vendors placed a week
    after the DD order arrived before Christmas. It wasn't slow shipping that
    delayed my order, it was incomprehensibly long order processing.

    According to their own paperwork, it was a week between the date they
    received my order and the date DD sent it to the warehouse for processing,
    and another week before the warehouse sent it out the door. Amazon
    accomplished the same turnaround in less than 24 hours.

    Don't forget a DD rep told me my order had shipped when it hadn't, an
    experienced other posters in this thread have shared. Inefficiency
    compounded by dishonesty.

    I DO expect shipping to be slower during the holiday rush. I do NOT expect
    to be lied to when I call to ask about the status of the order. And I am
    disappointed when my e-mail complaints to customer service go unanswered.

    At this point, I'd rather pay a buck or two more someplace else than deal
    with people I can no longer trust.

    Skid, Dec 26, 2003
  14. Damo

    > Skid wrote:
    > > I did place my order three weeks before Christmas. I was told it would

    be
    > > delievered before the holiday. Slow shipping and handling is one thing.
    > > Breaking promised ship dates and outright lying to customers is another.
    > >

    > They're not lying, those are *projected* arrival dates, it says so in
    > your confirmation email. If you talked to some goober over the phone
    > who actually said it would arrive within ten days, then that is the
    > goober's fault for not understanding this, not DDD's, necessarily.

    You snipped the part of my post confirming what I said. When I didn't get
    e-mail confirmation five days after that "estimated" date, I called DD
    customer service. The rep looked up the order number on his computer and
    told me IT HAD SHIPPED ON THE PROMISED DATE.

    That, sir, was a lie.

    > DDD is where you go for really low prices, not super-fast shipping.
    > It's always a good idea to read up on a vendor before buying from them.
    > Next time you're buying online do a Google search of past newsgroup

    posts.

    Well, thank you for restating the obvious. I did know that, and I had done
    business with them before. I won't do business with them again.

    You can keep trying to explain away the bad experiences of multiple posters
    in this thread and elsewhere, but the fact remains that by your own
    admission their service is getting worse, not better.

    In this case, if they had just told me the truth about my order when I
    called, they could have kept my business. They told me the order had shipped
    a week earlier, when in fact it would not ship for another two days.

    Maybe it was just an isolated occurrence, or a "goober" who gave me bad
    information by mistake. Either way, it fits a pattern confirmed by others
    and was enough to keep me from doing business with them again.

    And when I see another thread like this one, I'll repeat my displeasure.

    You may also feel free to try to explain away their bad reputation.

    But in my mind, a bargain isn't a bargain if you can't trust the company
    offering the bargain to live up to their end of the bargain.

    Skid, Dec 26, 2003
  15. Damo

    Justin Guest

    Skid wrote on [Fri, 26 Dec 2003 16:01:24 GMT]:

    > "Grand Inquisitor" <> wrote in message
    >> In all fairness, I think it was folly to expect a mail order item to
    >> arrive on time during the Holidays. You should have ordered earlier or
    >> bought in a store.

    > In all fairness, three orders to two other online vendors placed a week
    > after the DD order arrived before Christmas.

    So what? I got three of my DDD shipments before xmas, placed on Dec 5.
    There are still backordered items

    DDD has always been SLOW! If you ordered for xmas, then you are an
    idiot.

    Justin, Dec 26, 2003
  16. Damo

    Wade365 Guest

    << You may also feel free to try to explain away their bad reputation. >>

    Probably has friends who work there... y'know?

    I placed an order with amazon a week before Xmas and got everything I ordered
    in record time, and a few of them were rather obscure titles (which is why I'm
    ordering them in the first place) which shipped from the East Coast so it's not
    like the DVDs came from local vendors (midwest boy, here).

    I have read enough complaints about Deep Discount on this newsgroup alone to
    keep me from buying there... my mail carrier is an idiot in the first place, he
    doesn't need help from the shipper to look worse.

    I'll pay the $7 more and get it (Criterion "Fiend Without A Face") from a
    company who hasn't ever dropped the ball once in a few years of orders and
    never during the holiday full court press (for my personal shopping experience,
    anyway - Your milage may differ).

    Again, DVDEmpire, here I come... sorry, DDD.

    Wade365, Dec 26, 2003
  17. Damo

    Skid Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > So what? I got three of my DDD shipments before xmas, placed on Dec 5.
    > There are still backordered items
    >
    > DDD has always been SLOW! If you ordered for xmas, then you are an
    > idiot.

    Reading comprehension problems? Both before and after the order DD told me
    my Dec. 3 order would be here by Christmas. On Dec. 15 they told me it had
    shipped on Dec. 12.

    That was a lie. It shipped on Dec. 17, and was not in time from Christmas.

    I would be an idiot to trust them again with my business, but I won't.

    Skid, Dec 26, 2003
  18. Damo

    Justin Guest

    Wade365 wrote on [26 Dec 2003 17:09:03 GMT]:
    > << You may also feel free to try to explain away their bad reputation. >>
    >
    > Probably has friends who work there... y'know?
    >
    > I placed an order with amazon a week before Xmas and got everything I ordered
    > in record time, and a few of them were rather obscure titles (which is why I'm
    > ordering them in the first place) which shipped from the East Coast so it's not
    > like the DVDs came from local vendors (midwest boy, here).

    My wife placed an order before the guaranteed shutoff date at Amazon,
    EVERYTHING was in 24 hours shipping time, yet it still hasn't arrived.

    Justin, Dec 26, 2003
  19. Wade365 wrote:
    > << You may also feel free to try to explain away their bad reputation. >>
    >
    > Probably has friends who work there... y'know?

    I wish, maybe I could get some *really* good deals.

    > I have read enough complaints about Deep Discount on this newsgroup alone to
    > keep me from buying there... my mail carrier is an idiot in the first place, he
    > doesn't need help from the shipper to look worse.

    I keep hearing complaints about Wal-Mart and Best Buy, but I keep
    shopping there.

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Dec 26, 2003
  20. Damo

    Justin Guest

    Grand Inquisitor wrote on [Fri, 26 Dec 2003 22:40:00 GMT]:
    > Wade365 wrote:
    >> << You may also feel free to try to explain away their bad reputation. >>
    >>
    >> Probably has friends who work there... y'know?
    >>

    > I wish, maybe I could get some *really* good deals.
    >
    >> I have read enough complaints about Deep Discount on this newsgroup alone to
    >> keep me from buying there... my mail carrier is an idiot in the first place, he
    >> doesn't need help from the shipper to look worse.
    >>

    > I keep hearing complaints about Wal-Mart and Best Buy, but I keep
    > shopping there.

    *sigh* Shopping Wal Mart is bad. Even if you have a good experience,
    they're a bad company.

    Justin, Dec 27, 2003