    being deployed carte blanche, but i understand manufacturers have now
    recognised this and have a software fix for it & maybe it's ok on current
    models

    JethroUK©, Apr 9, 2004

  2. JethroUK©

    Nigel Barker Guest

    On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 15:20:56 +0100, "JethroUK©" <> wrote:

    >anyone got one these?
    >
    >http://www.dabs.com/uk/productView.html?quicklinx=2WXJ&familyid=0

    It looks like a cheap Pace Twin without the Twin i.e. only one tuner so you can
    not watch one channel while recording another. Still not a bad price for adding
    PVR functions to a Freeview box.

    --
    Nigel Barker
    Live from the sunny Cote d'Azur

    Nigel Barker, Apr 9, 2004

  3. JethroUK©

    JethroUK© Guest

    "Nigel Barker" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 15:20:56 +0100, "JethroUK©" <> wrote:
    >
    > >anyone got one these?
    > >
    > >http://www.dabs.com/uk/productView.html?quicklinx=2WXJ&familyid=0

    > It looks like a cheap Pace Twin without the Twin i.e. only one tuner so

    you can
    > not watch one channel while recording another.

    it's still one tuner too many for me - i'm only interested in the hard drive
    recorder

    JethroUK©, Apr 9, 2004
  4. JethroUK©

    daviñci Guest

    daviñci, Apr 9, 2004
  5. JethroUK©

    Trendy Uncle Guest

    "JethroUK©" <> wrote in message

    > "Nigel Barker" <> wrote in message
    > > On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 15:20:56 +0100, "JethroUK©" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > >anyone got one these?
    > > >
    > > >http://www.dabs.com/uk/productView.html?quicklinx=2WXJ&familyid=0

    > > It looks like a cheap Pace Twin without the Twin i.e. only one tuner so

    > you can
    > > not watch one channel while recording another.

    > it's still one tuner too many for me - i'm only interested in the hard

    drive
    > recorder

    I can't be bothered going to the link - it would have been easier had you
    stated the model name and number in your original post but I assume it's the
    Humax P8000T which will only record from its own Freeview tuner and does not
    have an mpeg2 encoder.

    You'd be better off with one of the Panasonic/Toshiba/Pioneer DVD and HDD
    recorders or the Thomson HDD recorder.

    Trendy Uncle, Apr 9, 2004
  6. JethroUK©

    JethroUK© Guest

    wrote:

    > > > It looks like a cheap Pace Twin without the Twin i.e. only one tuner

    so
    > > you can
    > > > not watch one channel while recording another.

    > > it's still one tuner too many for me - i'm only interested in the hard

    > drive
    > > recorder

    > I can't be bothered going to the link - it would have been easier had you
    > stated the model name and number in your original post but I assume it's

    the
    > Humax P8000T which will only record from its own Freeview tuner and does

    not
    > have an mpeg2 encoder.
    >
    > You'd be better off with one of the Panasonic/Toshiba/Pioneer DVD and HDD
    > recorders or the Thomson HDD recorder.

    dont spose you'd have a link :eek:)

    JethroUK©, Apr 10, 2004
  7. JethroUK©

    Cuzman Guest

    http://www.pvruk.co.uk/ and the posters in uk.tech.digital-tv are helpful.

    Cuzman, Apr 10, 2004
  8. JethroUK©

    JethroUK© Guest

    "Cuzman" <> wrote in message
    > "JethroUK©" <> wrote in message
    >
    > " dont spose you'd have a link :eek:) "
    >

    > http://www.pvruk.co.uk/ and the posters in uk.tech.digital-tv are

    helpful.

    thanx very much for that - i've noticed that all the pvr's seem to rely on
    'a' particular service - i naturally assumed (like any video/dvd recorder)
    they would all take input from the service i already have (analogue NTL) -
    would you know of such a beast?

    JethroUK©, Apr 10, 2004