    newsgroups!
    Cheers
    Gary
    gary, Dec 19, 2004

  2. gary

    Matt C Guest

    "gary" <> wrote in message
    news:cq4nr7$ud6$...
    > Hi
    > My gf has recently gone to homecall broadband & is using Outlook
    > express
    > 6! On the OE page it says to sign up to Newsgroups & says to put in which
    > she thinks is ' POP3.homecall.co.uk ', it then asks which server she is,
    > homecall broad band, dial up etc!
    > When it says that it's searching for the Newsgroups, something that shall
    > be done only once, it can't seem to find server!, even though it's on the
    > broadband!
    > Anyone done this & can give me step by step details, as how to get
    > newsgroups!
    > Cheers
    > Gary

    It seems she's putting in the mail server (incoming) as the newsgroup
    address.

    Try news.homecall.co.uk

    Failing that visit homecall.co.uk and find the news server address or give
    them a call. I had a quick look but couldn't find an address immediately
    apparent on the site.
    Matt C, Dec 19, 2004

  3. gary

    °Mike° Guest

    POP3 is for email, not newsgroups. You need to
    put 'news.homecall.co.uk' into the server box.

    On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 20:19:29 -0000, in
    <cq4nr7$ud6$>
    gary scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 19, 2004
  4. gary wrote:
    > Hi
    > My gf has recently gone to homecall broadband & is using Outlook
    > express 6! On the OE page it says to sign up to Newsgroups & says to
    > put in which she thinks is ' POP3.homecall.co.uk ', it then asks
    > which server she is, homecall broad band, dial up etc!
    > When it says that it's searching for the Newsgroups, something that
    > shall be done only once, it can't seem to find server!, even though
    > it's on the broadband!
    > Anyone done this & can give me step by step details, as how to get
    > newsgroups!
    > Cheers
    > Gary

    Well no bloody wonder! You can't connect to the Usenet server using the
    incoming *MAIL* server!
    on salads.
    Miss Perspicacia Tick, Dec 19, 2004
  5. Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
    > gary wrote:
    >> Hi
    >> My gf has recently gone to homecall broadband & is using Outlook
    >> express 6! On the OE page it says to sign up to Newsgroups & says to
    >> put in which she thinks is ' POP3.homecall.co.uk ', it then asks
    >> which server she is, homecall broad band, dial up etc!
    >> When it says that it's searching for the Newsgroups, something that
    >> shall be done only once, it can't seem to find server!, even though
    >> it's on the broadband!
    >> Anyone done this & can give me step by step details, as how to get
    >> newsgroups!

    > Well no bloody wonder! You can't connect to the Usenet server using the
    > incoming *MAIL* server!

    Whew! For a minute there! I though he was! Going to use up all of the
    exclamation points!

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, Dec 19, 2004
  6. Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
    >> gary wrote:
    >>> Hi
    >>> My gf has recently gone to homecall broadband & is using Outlook
    >>> express 6! On the OE page it says to sign up to Newsgroups & says to
    >>> put in which she thinks is ' POP3.homecall.co.uk ', it then asks
    >>> which server she is, homecall broad band, dial up etc!
    >>> When it says that it's searching for the Newsgroups, something that
    >>> shall be done only once, it can't seem to find server!, even though
    >>> it's on the broadband!
    >>> Anyone done this & can give me step by step details, as how to get
    >>> newsgroups!

    >> Well no bloody wonder! You can't connect to the Usenet server using the
    >> incoming *MAIL* server!

    > Whew! For a minute there! I though he was! Going to use up all of the
    > exclamation points!

    If that were possible! Usenet! Would have exhausted the pile! Ages ago!
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
    Gary G. Taylor, Dec 20, 2004
  7. Gary G. Taylor wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

    >>> Well no bloody wonder! You can't connect to the Usenet server using the
    >>> incoming *MAIL* server!

    >> Whew! For a minute there! I though he was! Going to use up all of the
    >> exclamation points!

    > If that were possible! Usenet! Would have exhausted the pile! Ages ago!

    No!! Kidding!!!11!!!!

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, Dec 20, 2004