    find hard drive screen.

    Cheers Malcolm.

    Any input or advise would be good.
    Malc, May 31, 2004

  2. Malc

    Bruce Flyger Guest

    Malc wrote:
    > If so and you are using SATA could you post your bios setup. I'm
    > having a hell of a job getting XP to detect the hard drives. I get to
    > the point where xp is installing I hit f6 and install the 3rd party
    > sata drives then xp contines to install, until it gets to the cannot
    > find hard drive screen.
    >
    > Cheers Malcolm.
    >
    > Any input or advise would be good.

    Are you installing the Raid drivers or IDE drivers? And is the
    corresponding mode set correctly in the bios? You should be able to
    choose between IDE mode and Raid mode.
    Bruce Flyger, May 31, 2004

  3. Malc

    -{-astrae-}- Guest

    I've got one.

    I had trouble with the SATA drivers on the cd, couldnt get them to work at
    all. I didnt install windows on a SATA drive though. Try downloading the
    latest drivers from Gigabyte.

    From memory there are 2 drivers. One for SATA and one for RAID Sata. The
    raid driver has an "R" in the folder name. Make sure you dont use that one.

    I cant reboot at the moment but I think these are my bios settings. ( I now
    use a SATA drive to boot)
    ------------------------------

    Advanced BIOS Features:

    FSCSI/RAID Cntlr Boot order: Silicon Image Controller

    First Boot Device: SCSI
    ---------------------

    Integrated Peripherals:

    Onboard Serial ATA: Enabled

    Serial ATA Function: BASE

    That should do it. Let me know how you go.

    -{-astrae-}-, Jun 1, 2004
  4. Had the same problem with a Samsung 120g.
    Down loaded a dos program from there site to "setup" the H/D.
    Works sweet now!

    Cheers,

    Otis E Levator, Jun 2, 2004