    they really that good? Any nasty caveats about going bagless? Anyone know of
    an online review or opinion site for such products?

    Cheers.

    ]v[etaphoid, Nov 27, 2003

  2. ]v[etaphoid

    Cubzilla Guest

    "]v[etaphoid" <> wrote in message
    news:bq44ef$1v72qq$-berlin.de...
    > Has anyone got one of these flash-dangled bagless Dyson vacuum cleaners.

    The
    > other half wants me to splash out on one of the "Turbo Brush" or "Motor
    > Head" barrel varieties, but I'm having difficulties justifying the cost.

    Are
    > they really that good? Any nasty caveats about going bagless? Anyone know

    of
    > an online review or opinion site for such products?
    >
    > Cheers.

    Keep the cost down go for the one of the clone "bagless" types Hoover may be

    Regards

    Cubzilla, Nov 27, 2003

  3. ]v[etaphoid

    docmill Guest

    "Cubzilla" <> wrote in

    > "]v[etaphoid" <> wrote in message
    >> Has anyone got one of these flash-dangled bagless Dyson vacuum
    >> cleaners.

    > The
    >> other half wants me to splash out on one of the "Turbo Brush" or "Motor
    >> Head" barrel varieties, but I'm having difficulties justifying the
    >> cost.

    > Are
    >> they really that good? Any nasty caveats about going bagless? Anyone
    >> know

    > of
    >> an online review or opinion site for such products?
    >>
    >> Cheers.
    >>

    > Keep the cost down go for the one of the clone "bagless" types Hoover
    > may be
    >

    > Regards

    Y'all mekin fon auh thet gal?
    http://tinyurl.com/wrbd

    --
    +++++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++
    Docmill's "Home of Hot Links in the FryingSpam"

    docmill, Nov 27, 2003
  4. ]v[etaphoid

    anthonyberet Guest

    Cubzilla wrote:
    > "]v[etaphoid" <> wrote in message
    >> Has anyone got one of these flash-dangled bagless Dyson vacuum
    >> cleaners. The other half wants me to splash out on one of the "Turbo
    >> Brush" or "Motor Head" barrel varieties, but I'm having difficulties
    >> justifying the cost. Are they really that good? Any nasty caveats
    >> about going bagless? Anyone know of an online review or opinion site
    >> for such products?
    >>
    >> Cheers.
    >>

    > Keep the cost down go for the one of the clone "bagless" types Hoover
    > may be

    A word of warning... some "bagless" cleaners don't use cyclonic filtration
    but just use fixed filters and might as well have bags.
    be spam-filtered.
    Do you use filesharing networks? If so, please visit my online poll:
    http://vote.sparklit.com/web_poll.spark/780772
    anthonyberet

    anthonyberet, Nov 27, 2003
  5. ]v[etaphoid

    Wanderer Guest

    ]v[etaphoid <> wrote in message
    > Has anyone got one of these flash-dangled bagless Dyson vacuum cleaners.

    The
    > other half wants me to splash out on one of the "Turbo Brush" or "Motor
    > Head" barrel varieties, but I'm having difficulties justifying the cost.

    Are
    > they really that good? Any nasty caveats about going bagless? Anyone know

    of
    > an online review or opinion site for such products?

    We went for the DC07 Animal with the extra filtration and "turbo" add on.
    It has been fantastic. With two cats we used to have to use a rubber brush
    thing to scrape the hair off the carpet, lift it, then vacuum. It took
    ages. The Dyson does the same job in minutes. Some say there are
    reliability issues. We've had ours just under a year with no problems as you
    would expect and we haven't heard of any problems from friends who have had
    theirs longer. I think it came with a 2 year guarantee although we extended
    it to 5.

    ymmv

    Wanderer, Nov 27, 2003
  6. ]v[etaphoid

    EricP Guest

    On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 17:09:57 +1100, "]v[etaphoid" <>
    wrote:

    >Has anyone got one of these flash-dangled bagless Dyson vacuum cleaners. The
    >other half wants me to splash out on one of the "Turbo Brush" or "Motor
    >Head" barrel varieties, but I'm having difficulties justifying the cost. Are
    >they really that good? Any nasty caveats about going bagless? Anyone know of
    >an online review or opinion site for such products?
    >
    >Cheers.

    They are very expensive, cheap plastic crap. Buy one of the other
    makes like Electrolux.

    EricP, Nov 27, 2003
  7. ]v[etaphoid

    Jarhead Guest

    "]v[etaphoid" <> wrote in message
    | Has anyone got one of these flash-dangled bagless Dyson vacuum
    cleaners. The
    | other half wants me to splash out on one of the "Turbo Brush" or
    "Motor
    | Head" barrel varieties, but I'm having difficulties justifying the
    cost. Are
    | they really that good? Any nasty caveats about going bagless? Anyone
    know of
    | an online review or opinion site for such products?
    |
    | Cheers.

    We are using the DC-07 model that we purchased from Best Buy last March.
    It does a better job than the Fantom we owned previously. The DC-07 uses
    a washable filter where the Fantom (and others) uses a HEPA filter
    cartridge that costs around $60.00 to $80.00 US.

    Problems have been: The catch that controls the bin dump feature
    stopped working-- Best buy gave us a new sweeper. The safety slide over
    the end of the Handle/Wand stuck in the open position-- Best Buy opened
    a new sweeper carton and gave a new Handle/Wand to us. One of the
    attachments came apart where it articulates. 100 mph duct tape has fixed
    this ;-), I am sure they will give us another one if I ask them.

    We did buy the extended warranty (4 Years total) and am glad that we did
    so. The quality of the plastic parts seem to vary a lot. A Best Buy
    representative told me that some people have not had any problems at
    all, but others like myself seem to have problems until the defective
    parts are replaced. And, there is a lot of parts to it.

    Jarhead

    Jarhead, Nov 27, 2003
  8. We bought a DC07 off tesco.electical.
    Best thing we have done. Gee mused harold, must tell ms rowlings about
    this.

    Harold Potter, Nov 27, 2003