    Does anyone have any helpfull suggestions?

    Thanks in advance,
    Don
    =?Utf-8?B?RG9uIEs=?=, Mar 1, 2007

  2. I don't know much about hardware but I just finished building my own
    computer. One thing always popped up when I was looking for parts . . . it
    was "backwards compatible." Is the 64-bit processor backwards compatible
    with the 32-bit hardware and software that you installed? I could be
    completely off base here but I thought I'd mention it.
    --
    Denise

    ~ If you don't know where you came from, you won't know where you're going.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=, Mar 3, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?RG9uIEs=?=

    Dshai Guest

    Explorer.exe is Windows, or at least the portion of it that allows you to
    interact with your computer in the GUI format that we know as Windows.
    The 64bit processor is indeed backwards compatible, what you have is
    probably a hardware issue, not enough information really to venture a guess
    as to exactly which piece though, if you could post any error codes you're
    receiving along with the layout of your machine it would be helpful. It
    could also be a bad install of XP, I'd start by removing any hardware not
    essential to the operation of the machine and see if it's stable at that
    point, if it is then start re-adding items one at a time, checking for
    instability after each addition till you find the one causing the problem.
    If it's not stable with all the non-essential hardware removed I'd go into
    the bios and load the Failsafe Defaults and see how it ran. As a last resort
    I'd backup any important data that you don't already have backed up and
    either attempt a Repair install by booting with your XP cd and choosing the
    repair option after you hit F8 or i'd wipe the drive and start fresh with a
    new install and see if that solved the problem.

    --

    Dshai

    Life is only limited by those living it...

    Dshai, Mar 6, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RG9uIEs=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    I had a similar problem with XP86 after installing SP2. I switched to XP64
    on the same machine and had no problems with it. With Explorer, I had to
    stop it in Task Manager Processes and restart in applications, sometimes 4-5
    times a day. Never did get it figured out.

    John Barnes, Mar 6, 2007