    --
    Up from Third Base to Huntington
    They sang another victory song...........

    paul j, Mar 23, 2005

  2. paul j

    paul j Guest

    On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 00:54:31 GMT, paul j wrote:

    > What can I do to remove the "blue specks" that can be found in the
    > following picture, as well as it being slightly out of focus?
    >
    > I've got the camera placed on a desk without touching it so it isn't
    > hand motion...I just can't figure out why this thing takes such horrible
    > pictures.
    >
    > Toshiba PDR-3320

    Here's the picture for those of you that aren't mind readers:

    http://www.grooveswitch.com/stuff/testing.jpg

    paul j, Mar 23, 2005

  3. paul j

    BagLady Guest

    We cannot see your pics, this isn't binaries.
    I suspect it will probably be an issue with your camera settings
    rather than anything to do with your PC and/or software.
    The very first thing to assacertain, is the camera lens clean?
    Use apt cleaning fluid (isopropyl alcohol) and correct lint cloth
    to clean lens - BE CAREFUL NOT TO SCRATCH LENS.
    Now switch on your camera, as I am not familiar with that
    model, get the instruction manual.
    There are usually 3-4 settings denoted by a dial on the camera,
    Find the one for taking pix, (as opposed to viewing pix on memory)
    There will be a button and/or setting to access a menu or options,
    Once you are in the apt menu, try differing settings, - trial and error.
    Or, you could supply details of your PC, the graphics card and the
    resolution of your monitor, also the software and the settings for
    capturing etc etc etc. What are your shoe size? Have you any
    criminal convictions and are you a Labour voter?
    And apart from a one-time heavy weight boxer who used to live
    there, why have you mentioned in your email that godforsaken
    dump of Huntingdon?

    BagLady, Mar 23, 2005
  4. paul j

    cluedweasel Guest

    On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 01:10:27 GMT, paul j <>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 00:54:31 GMT, paul j wrote:
    >
    >> What can I do to remove the "blue specks" that can be found in the
    >> following picture, as well as it being slightly out of focus?
    >>
    >> I've got the camera placed on a desk without touching it so it isn't
    >> hand motion...I just can't figure out why this thing takes such horrible
    >> pictures.
    >>
    >> Toshiba PDR-3320

    >Here's the picture for those of you that aren't mind readers:
    >
    >http://www.grooveswitch.com/stuff/testing.jpg

    It looks like noise agianst the dark background. It looks like your
    camera has an ISO range of 100 to 400. I would guess this photo was
    taken at the 400ISO setting. If you can set in manually, try a 100ISO
    setting and see if it looks better. You may also want to ask in the
    rec.photo.digital newsgroup.

    cluedweasel, Mar 23, 2005
  5. paul j

    MrB Guest

    I used the 3310 for 2 years and it took great pics. I doubt that its the
    camera. It looks like camera noise from a bad setting or low
    light....something like that. I am referring you to
    alt.binaries.photos.originals

    Post your photo there and ask the question. There are many qualified folks
    who will respond.

    MrB, Mar 23, 2005
  6. paul j wrote:

    > On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 00:54:31 GMT, paul j wrote:
    >

    >> What can I do to remove the "blue specks" that can be found in the
    >>following picture, as well as it being slightly out of focus?
    >>
    >> I've got the camera placed on a desk without touching it so it isn't
    >>hand motion...I just can't figure out why this thing takes such horrible
    >>pictures.
    >>
    >>Toshiba PDR-3320

    > Here's the picture for those of you that aren't mind readers:
    >
    > http://www.grooveswitch.com/stuff/testing.jpg

    The focus isn't all that bad. Perhaps not high end macro work, but the
    text is readable and the lines fairly sharp, I can even almost make out
    the ® on the Upper Deck foil stamp. The specks are something else. If
    you take a photo of a solid black piece of fabric or just shoot into a
    dark night sky, do you still get those specks? Wondering if they are
    artifacts of either cheap or defective sensors. That camera isn't a bad
    one, but it's not a professional or even "prosumer" model. It's
    basically for point and shoot photography.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 23, 2005
  7. paul j

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "paul j" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 00:54:31 GMT, paul j wrote:
    >
    >> What can I do to remove the "blue specks" that can be found in the
    >> following picture, as well as it being slightly out of focus?
    >>
    >> I've got the camera placed on a desk without touching it so it isn't
    >> hand motion...I just can't figure out why this thing takes such horrible
    >> pictures.
    >>
    >> Toshiba PDR-3320

    > Here's the picture for those of you that aren't mind readers:
    >
    > http://www.grooveswitch.com/stuff/testing.jpg
    > --

    use a brighter light source with a higher resolution (higher resolution will
    aid in photo retouching).
    bracket your shots...
    use different settings, with and without flash.

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, Mar 23, 2005
  8. paul j

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "127.0.0.1" <get.rooted@localhost> wrote in message

    > "paul j" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 00:54:31 GMT, paul j wrote:
    >>
    >>> What can I do to remove the "blue specks" that can be found in the
    >>> following picture, as well as it being slightly out of focus?
    >>>
    >>> I've got the camera placed on a desk without touching it so it isn't
    >>> hand motion...I just can't figure out why this thing takes such horrible
    >>> pictures.
    >>>
    >>> Toshiba PDR-3320

    >> Here's the picture for those of you that aren't mind readers:
    >>
    >> http://www.grooveswitch.com/stuff/testing.jpg
    >> --

    > use a brighter light source with a higher resolution (higher resolution
    > will aid in photo retouching).
    > bracket your shots...
    > use different settings, with and without flash.

    A bit more contrast in the background would certainly help also, from an
    'aesthetics' POV. And it may reduce the 'blue specks', which look like some
    form of compression artifacting to me...but I can't tell for sure. My eyes
    are as old as the rest of me <g>

    Toolman Tim, Mar 23, 2005
  9. paul j

    Jerry G. Guest

    My basic suggestion would be to re-shoot the picture, but stand it up
    perfectly straight, and with better angle to the camera lens. Also, if you
    can get closer in it would help. You can then crop out all the background
    you do not want. Even better, a scanner would do a better job to reproduce
    a photo. The scanner would have a much higher definition, and better focus
    for this type of thing. Cameras with the proper lens that would be near
    somewhat equal to a scanner for focus and definition are extremely
    expensive. For an example, check out the Canon 10D or 20D with a macro lens.

    If you want a very high quality scan, there are places that for about a few
    dollars, that will scan in your photo, and burn it to a CD disk, or put it
    on a memory stick that you supply. When you get home you can crop and edit
    it how you like. The photo places can also do cropping and touch-ups for
    you, if you do not have the means to do it. Their services are generally
    very reasonable for home users.

    Depending on your photo editing software capability, there can be facilities
    where you can section off areas of the photo, and do masking or fills for
    uneven colour or missing holes, and etc. This is something that you would
    have to spend the time to go through with your software, and learn.

    A lot of times, I use a general purpose paint program to do fills, and
    touchups in pictures. It is more of a manual type job, but the results can
    be excellent, depending on your skills.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    Jerry G., Mar 23, 2005
  10. paul j

    Wizard Guest

    paul j <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 00:54:31 GMT, paul j wrote:
    >
    >> What can I do to remove the "blue specks" that can be found in the
    >> following picture, as well as it being slightly out of focus?
    >>
    >> I've got the camera placed on a desk without touching it so it isn't
    >> hand motion...I just can't figure out why this thing takes such
    >> horrible pictures.
    >>
    >> Toshiba PDR-3320

    > Here's the picture for those of you that aren't mind readers:
    >
    > http://www.grooveswitch.com/stuff/testing.jpg

    Easy. Your camera is a piece of shit.

    Wizard, Mar 23, 2005