    from, unless they are something to do with exposure or focussing zones?
    I really don't know. Anyone got an idea?

    Camera is a Canon A620.

    Stone Cold, May 10, 2006

  2. Stone Cold

    Stone Cold Guest

    Stone Cold, May 10, 2006

  3. Stone Cold <> writes:

    > I took this snap when I was laying a wooden floor last

    What snap?

    --
    Måns Rullgård

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=, May 10, 2006
  4. Stone Cold

    Peter Chant Guest

    Stone Cold wrote:

    > Perhaps the pale marks on the walls are a reflection of flash from the
    > mirror or something, but I haven't a clue where the grid lines come
    > from, unless they are something to do with exposure or focussing zones?
    > I really don't know. Anyone got an idea?

    Reflections off the bevels on the mirror? I'm not convinced that that is
    it, but its the most obvious thing that springs to mind. Can you repeat
    it? What happens if you tilt the mirror, do the grid lines tilt to match?
    If so it probally is the mirror.

    Pete

    --
    http://www.petezilla.co.uk

    Peter Chant, May 10, 2006
  5. Stone Cold

    Stone Cold Guest

    Peter Chant wrote:

    > Reflections off the bevels on the mirror? I'm not convinced that that is
    > it, but its the most obvious thing that springs to mind. Can you repeat
    > it? What happens if you tilt the mirror, do the grid lines tilt to match?
    > If so it probally is the mirror.

    I haven't tried a repeat shot. That's a good idea and I'll tilt the
    mirror too. Thanks Pete.

    Stone Cold, May 10, 2006
  6. Stone Cold

    Stone Cold Guest

    Peter Chant wrote:

    > Reflections off the bevels on the mirror? I'm not convinced that that is
    > it, but its the most obvious thing that springs to mind. Can you repeat
    > it? What happens if you tilt the mirror, do the grid lines tilt to match?
    > If so it probally is the mirror.

    Well that was a puzzle quickly solved! I took a repeat shot just now,
    with the mirror tilted, and yes, the grid lines tilt with the mirror.

    Ta Pete.

    Stone Cold, May 10, 2006
  7. Stone Cold

    JohnR66 Guest

    "Stone Cold" <> wrote in message
    > Peter Chant wrote:
    >
    >> Reflections off the bevels on the mirror? I'm not convinced that that is
    >> it, but its the most obvious thing that springs to mind. Can you repeat
    >> it? What happens if you tilt the mirror, do the grid lines tilt to
    >> match? If so it probally is the mirror.

    > Well that was a puzzle quickly solved! I took a repeat shot just now, with
    > the mirror tilted, and yes, the grid lines tilt with the mirror.
    >
    > Ta Pete.

    Draw diagonals form each corner to the opposite corners. Where the lines
    cross, you will locate the points where a portal will open taking you into a
    new dimension and time. Yes! You have just entered.... The twilight zone!
    Doo doo doo doo, Doo doo doo doo.

    Okay, seriously, it is the beveling. I've noticed this before. The bevels
    acts as a prism of sorts and bends the light. You might even notice some
    dispersion (rainbow effect) if you look closely.

    John

    JohnR66, May 11, 2006