Anyone ever deal with "Nationwide Service" out of Fullerton, CA?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by mandohead, Dec 15, 2006.

  1. mandohead

    mandohead Guest

    I got a call from them in Sept 2006 to replace a defective
    water-cooling system on a customer's motherboard. It was a warranty
    repair - the customer bought his gaming pc from IBuyPower, Inc.

    I did the repair- customer's happy. I emailed the paperwork the day
    after I did the repair., which Nationwide Service acknowledged they
    received. It's now 3 months later, and I haven't been paid. They
    don't return phone calls or emails. I've called IBuyPower, who asked
    me to send them the same paperwork - still haven't heard anything or
    seen a check.

    Anyway, Nationwide Service is based in Fullerton, CA. Just curious
    if any of you have done repair work for them, and gotten paid. And I
    guess this is also a warning to not do any work for them, as they
    don't seem to want to pay their contracted technicians.

    mandohead

    mandohead, Dec 15, 2006

  2. mandohead <> wrote in

    > I got a call from them in Sept 2006 to replace a defective
    > water-cooling system on a customer's motherboard. It was a warranty
    > repair - the customer bought his gaming pc from IBuyPower, Inc.
    >
    > I did the repair- customer's happy. I emailed the paperwork the day
    > after I did the repair., which Nationwide Service acknowledged they
    > received. It's now 3 months later, and I haven't been paid. They
    > don't return phone calls or emails. I've called IBuyPower, who asked
    > me to send them the same paperwork - still haven't heard anything or
    > seen a check.
    >
    > Anyway, Nationwide Service is based in Fullerton, CA. Just curious
    > if any of you have done repair work for them, and gotten paid. And I
    > guess this is also a warning to not do any work for them, as they
    > don't seem to want to pay their contracted technicians.
    >
    > mandohead

    I was stationed in California (Vandenberg Air Force Base, up north of Santa
    Barbara - what a nice place - right to the Pacific coast side of Santa
    Maria, where they prosecuted Michael Jackson!)... For the court filing
    fee, which they will have to pay, you can file a small claims action
    against them with your paperwork as the appropriate documentation, and you
    *will* win, (in the case of labor or services, without any express
    guarantee of results from you, they can't even assert results or lack
    therof as a defense -- and they acknowledged the job as completed), and
    they will have 60 days to pay the award or you can execute the judgment
    against any and all assets they hold in the state of California - and
    believe me when I tell you a high-priced lawyer will be only too happy to
    handle it from that point onward, to wit, if they default on the judgment -
    to the tune of ~$500 an hour + additional costs + any additional fees...

    NASA Rule #3:

    Better not take your dog up on the Space Shuttle.

    Because if he sticks his head out the window
    when you're coming home, his face might burn off.

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 15, 2006

  3. mandohead

    mandohead Guest

    On 15 Dec 2006 13:59:25 GMT, Bucky Breeder
    <> wrote:

    >mandohead <> wrote in
    >
    >> I got a call from them in Sept 2006 to replace a defective
    >> water-cooling system on a customer's motherboard. It was a warranty
    >> repair - the customer bought his gaming pc from IBuyPower, Inc.
    >>
    >> I did the repair- customer's happy. I emailed the paperwork the day
    >> after I did the repair., which Nationwide Service acknowledged they
    >> received. It's now 3 months later, and I haven't been paid. They
    >> don't return phone calls or emails. I've called IBuyPower, who asked
    >> me to send them the same paperwork - still haven't heard anything or
    >> seen a check.
    >>
    >> Anyway, Nationwide Service is based in Fullerton, CA. Just curious
    >> if any of you have done repair work for them, and gotten paid. And I
    >> guess this is also a warning to not do any work for them, as they
    >> don't seem to want to pay their contracted technicians.
    >>
    >> mandohead

    >I was stationed in California (Vandenberg Air Force Base, up north of Santa
    >Barbara - what a nice place - right to the Pacific coast side of Santa
    >Maria, where they prosecuted Michael Jackson!)... For the court filing
    >fee, which they will have to pay, you can file a small claims action
    >against them with your paperwork as the appropriate documentation, and you
    >*will* win, (in the case of labor or services, without any express
    >guarantee of results from you, they can't even assert results or lack
    >therof as a defense -- and they acknowledged the job as completed), and
    >they will have 60 days to pay the award or you can execute the judgment
    >against any and all assets they hold in the state of California - and
    >believe me when I tell you a high-priced lawyer will be only too happy to
    >handle it from that point onward, to wit, if they default on the judgment -
    >to the tune of ~$500 an hour + additional costs + any additional fees...
    >

    >Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous holiday season.

    Thanks for the advice. Does it make any difference that I'm in
    Florida (where the work was performed) and Nationwide Service is in
    California?

    mandohead, Dec 15, 2006
  4. >>mandohead <> wrote in

    > Thanks for the advice. Does it make any difference that I'm in
    > Florida (where the work was performed) and Nationwide Service is in
    > California?

    I'd call that a "kink" for sure. LOL! And, it wasn't "advice" just
    observational comments that I shared. This is a newsgroup - every jerk-off
    has an opinion, including me. (o: I'm not telling you what you should or
    should not do. Only Denny Crane can do that.

    Geographically it does make a difference, for sure. Legally, it doesn't,
    except for the "small claims" part. If your contoversey was under the
    statutory amount, say $6,000, you could travel to CA and file the action in
    small claims - but I'm not sure that would be the best option for several
    reasons, not the least of which, in most small claims' jurisdictions
    "travel" by the litigant is not a taxable expense subject to judgmental
    award. On the other hand, travel by attorneys and witnesses could be.
    That would be an interstate "contract" which could be filed in Florida for
    sure, if you were in FL when they contracted it to you, but IMHO, it would
    better be filed in California especially if they have any physical assests
    there. I doubt they have any physical assets in FL? I suppose you'd need
    a lawyer for that stuff for a number of reasons...

    If you check with your local BAR, I'd bet there is a lawyer, or law firm
    with associates, who is/are BAR'ed in both FL and CA, close to you, or one
    with an 800 number.

    On free consultation, which is usually provided, because the amount of your
    services is valued "relatively small" compared to the impending legal
    costs, I'd keep it to simple dates, facts and paperwork - but complete.
    Lawyers tend to be... ummmm... somewhat put off, by "Oh yeah, but..."'s.

    If your paperwork shows they contracted, you completed services, and they
    acknowledged... then that's all she wrote... short any other unrevealed
    kink.

    There may be an interstate fraud issue here. But that would really be a
    concept best left to legal professionals to toss around. Does the FL
    Attorney General have an 800 number or e-Mail complaint department? Does
    the CA Attorney General have an 800 number or e-Mail complaint department?
    You could do that as an individual, and if they, like most states, are
    keeping records on interstate fraud cases, you might get some expedient
    action pursuing that route as well. Most business hate to go under any
    kind of audit. Mainly because they take *so* *much* time.

    They owe you, and if they don't pay, you can collect payment, interest,
    costs and fees under a court of competent jurisdiction. In some cases,
    even if the amount disputed is only like ~$100 or so, and they are an
    entity, like a business, a lawyer will happily take the [simple
    uncomplicated] case, because he and/or his firm is going to make a butt-
    load of money prosecuting the complaint against a bad-faith entity with an
    untenable or unconscionable postition.

    Say, if it was a private individual, you might have trouble finding
    representation because an individual, in FL especially, has certain State
    Constitutional exemptions, and could, for example, simply file bankruptcy
    and have all their debts, including your judgment(s) discharged...

    But with a business, especially a business rooted physically in a state and
    doing interstate commerce, there's a whole different procedure that is in
    place, and by design I believe, to "keep 'em honest."

    Good luck to you.

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 15, 2006
  5. mandohead

    Pat Guest

    "mandohead" <> wrote

    > On 15 Dec 2006 13:59:25 GMT, Bucky Breeder
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>mandohead <> wrote

    >>> I got a call from them in Sept 2006 to replace a defective
    >>> water-cooling system on a customer's motherboard. It was a warranty
    >>> repair - the customer bought his gaming pc from IBuyPower, Inc.
    >>>
    >>> I did the repair- customer's happy. I emailed the paperwork the day
    >>> after I did the repair., which Nationwide Service acknowledged they
    >>> received. It's now 3 months later, and I haven't been paid. They
    >>> don't return phone calls or emails. I've called IBuyPower, who asked
    >>> me to send them the same paperwork - still haven't heard anything or
    >>> seen a check.
    >>>
    >>> Anyway, Nationwide Service is based in Fullerton, CA. Just curious
    >>> if any of you have done repair work for them, and gotten paid. And I
    >>> guess this is also a warning to not do any work for them, as they
    >>> don't seem to want to pay their contracted technicians.
    >>>
    >>> mandohead

    >>I was stationed in California (Vandenberg Air Force Base, up north of
    >>Santa
    >>Barbara - what a nice place - right to the Pacific coast side of Santa
    >>Maria, where they prosecuted Michael Jackson!)... For the court filing
    >>fee, which they will have to pay, you can file a small claims action
    >>against them with your paperwork as the appropriate documentation, and you
    >>*will* win, (in the case of labor or services, without any express
    >>guarantee of results from you, they can't even assert results or lack
    >>therof as a defense -- and they acknowledged the job as completed), and
    >>they will have 60 days to pay the award or you can execute the judgment
    >>against any and all assets they hold in the state of California - and
    >>believe me when I tell you a high-priced lawyer will be only too happy to
    >>handle it from that point onward, to wit, if they default on the
    >>judgment -
    >>to the tune of ~$500 an hour + additional costs + any additional fees...
    >>

    >>Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous holiday season.

    > Thanks for the advice. Does it make any difference that I'm in
    > Florida (where the work was performed) and Nationwide Service is in
    > California?

    A good place to ask this question would be
    http://forums.delphiforums.com/perlaw

    Pat, Dec 15, 2006
  6. mandohead

    mandohead Guest

    On 15 Dec 2006 17:08:33 GMT, Bucky Breeder
    <> wrote:

> [...]

    >entity, like a business, a lawyer will happily take the [simple
    >uncomplicated] case, because he and/or his firm is going to make a butt-
    >load of money prosecuting the complaint against a bad-faith entity with an
    >untenable or unconscionable postition.
    >
    >Say, if it was a private individual, you might have trouble finding
    >representation because an individual, in FL especially, has certain State
    >Constitutional exemptions, and could, for example, simply file bankruptcy
    >and have all their debts, including your judgment(s) discharged...
    >
    >But with a business, especially a business rooted physically in a state and
    >doing interstate commerce, there's a whole different procedure that is in
    >place, and by design I believe, to "keep 'em honest."
    >
    >Good luck to you.
    >

    >Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous holiday season.

    Thanks again for the opinions. It's a pretty small $ amount, it's
    just the principle of the thing. And the fact they don't even respond
    just pisses me off. Oh well. Happy holidays.

    mandohead, Dec 15, 2006
  7. mandohead <> wrote in

    > Thanks again for the opinions. It's a pretty small $ amount,
    > it's just the principle of the thing. And the fact they don't
    > even respond just pisses me off. Oh well. Happy holidays.

    Not sure what it is because of the interstate element, but there's a
    statute of limitations which in contract law is usually around 2 years, and
    it really doesn't start tolling until one of the parties actually,
    literally, explicitly refuses to perform. Certainly not worth dampening
    the holidays?

    It will all likely work out for the best.

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 15, 2006
  8. mandohead

    NotMe Guest

    "mandohead" <mandohead@
    > wrote in message news:...

    |I got a call from them in Sept 2006 to replace a defective
    | water-cooling system on a customer's motherboard. It was a warranty
    | repair - the customer bought his gaming pc from IBuyPower, Inc.
    |
    | I did the repair- customer's happy. I emailed the paperwork the day
    | after I did the repair., which Nationwide Service acknowledged they
    | received. It's now 3 months later, and I haven't been paid. They
    | don't return phone calls or emails. I've called IBuyPower, who asked
    | me to send them the same paperwork - still haven't heard anything or
    | seen a check.
    |
    | Anyway, Nationwide Service is based in Fullerton, CA. Just curious
    | if any of you have done repair work for them, and gotten paid. And I
    | guess this is also a warning to not do any work for them, as they
    | don't seem to want to pay their contracted technicians.

    I did some work for a group called Tech Mainia fellow by the name of
    Johnathan Gaines

    Owner
    Techmania
    1100 Hammond Drive
    Suite 410A-110
    Atlanta, Georgia 30328

    work1-888-352-2609
    mobile404-587-4449
    fax661-455-2909

    im lukata_ajanaku
    www.techoutfitters.net

    sent bills to them and their upstream contact. Basically S.O.L.

    NotMe, Dec 16, 2006
  9. mandohead

    NotMe Guest

    "mandohead" <> wrote in message
    | On 15 Dec 2006 13:59:25 GMT, Bucky Breeder
    | <> wrote:
    |
    | >mandohead <> wrote in
    | >
    | >> I got a call from them in Sept 2006 to replace a defective
    | >> water-cooling system on a customer's motherboard. It was a warranty
    | >> repair - the customer bought his gaming pc from IBuyPower, Inc.
    | >>
    | >> I did the repair- customer's happy. I emailed the paperwork the day
    | >> after I did the repair., which Nationwide Service acknowledged they
    | >> received. It's now 3 months later, and I haven't been paid. They
    | >> don't return phone calls or emails. I've called IBuyPower, who asked
    | >> me to send them the same paperwork - still haven't heard anything or
    | >> seen a check.
    | >>
    | >> Anyway, Nationwide Service is based in Fullerton, CA. Just curious
    | >> if any of you have done repair work for them, and gotten paid. And I
    | >> guess this is also a warning to not do any work for them, as they
    | >> don't seem to want to pay their contracted technicians.
    | >>
    | >> mandohead
    | >

    | >I was stationed in California (Vandenberg Air Force Base, up north of
    Santa
    | >Barbara - what a nice place - right to the Pacific coast side of Santa
    | >Maria, where they prosecuted Michael Jackson!)... For the court filing
    | >fee, which they will have to pay, you can file a small claims action
    | >against them with your paperwork as the appropriate documentation, and
    you
    | >*will* win, (in the case of labor or services, without any express
    | >guarantee of results from you, they can't even assert results or lack
    | >therof as a defense -- and they acknowledged the job as completed), and
    | >they will have 60 days to pay the award or you can execute the judgment
    | >against any and all assets they hold in the state of California - and
    | >believe me when I tell you a high-priced lawyer will be only too happy to
    | >handle it from that point onward, to wit, if they default on the
    judgment -
    | >to the tune of ~$500 an hour + additional costs + any additional fees...
    | >

    | >Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous holiday season.
    |
    | Thanks for the advice. Does it make any difference that I'm in
    | Florida (where the work was performed) and Nationwide Service is in
    | California?

    Most cases small claims court is where you live. It's a bit of a hassel
    having the other partys served but if they don't show up you get a judgment.
    Long time back I won but was unable to collect ... until someone wanted to
    sell some land. I would not relese the lean until the check cleared both
    banks. they wanted the release by FEDEX. I mailed by USPS from the
    smallest most out of the way post office I could find.

    NotMe, Dec 16, 2006
  10. mandohead

    AaronJ Guest

    mandohead <> wrote:

    >Thanks for the advice. Does it make any difference that I'm in
    >Florida (where the work was performed) and Nationwide Service is in
    >California?

    When my doctor doesn't get paid by my insurance he bills me. Why not the same
    for you? Since the customer is in Florida he could be taken to small claims
    court there. That may not happen though once he gets your bill and screams
    directly to the company. Might be worth a try...

    AaronJ, Dec 16, 2006