Anyone else still having probems with DVD PLANET??????

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Arminio Grgic, Jul 7, 2003.

  1. On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 23:08:49 -0500, J. Alfred Prufrock <>
    wrote:

    >Anyone else still having probems with DVD PLANET??????
    >1. Cannot get thru on the phone - when you do it is almost an hour wait
    >2. Wrong items are shipped
    >3. They have no record on their new system of items being returned
    >4. They cannot guarentee that the item will be in stock in the new warehouse
    >and so on and so on
    >
    >THis is the worst service I have experienced with a company
    >
    >i have been with DVD Planet since they were Ken Crane's
    >back in the old laserdisc days
    >
    >BUT NOT ANYMORE!!!!!
    >
    >THEIR SERVICE IS LOUSY!!!!!

    I received this e-mail from them:
    **************************************
    DVDPLANET would like to take this time to thank you for your patience
    and understanding during the last few weeks. As you might know, we
    have
    recently upgraded our systems and relocated to a larger fulfillment
    center. With any major change, there are both expected and unexpected

    challenges to resolve. We want you to know that these changes were
    necessary and important changes that will allow us to serve you
    better. Our
    long-term growth will provide you with more options, more savings, and

    a higher level of service. Options such as "ship complete" and free
    shipping will soon be available.

    We have been watching all processes more closely than usual to ensure
    proper handling of your orders. We anticipate that soon everything
    will
    be running smoothly, and we will once again be able to automate and
    streamline our procedures to eliminate these delays.

    Our call volume has been higher than normal and we apologize if you
    have had difficulty contacting us. We have taken steps to improve our

    ability to handle your calls, but hold times may still be longer than
    usual. Please email us at if you are unable to
    hold
    for a customer service representative. Most emails are answered
    within
    48 hours.

    We at DVDPLANET thank you for your continued support. We are working
    hard to resolve all issues as quickly as possible to ensure that you
    continue to receive the high level of service you have come to expect
    from
    DVDPLANET.

    Sincerely,
    DVDPLANET

    --
    Q. What are your qualifications to be a film critic?
    A. I can watch movies, I can think, and I can write.

    J. Alfred Prufrock, Jul 8, 2003

  3. Arminio Grgic

    Rob Guest

    It's too bad these guys have messed up their business. I was ready to
    place an order for several Image Entertainment concert DVDs. Now I
    have to try to find them somewhere else :)

    Rob, Jul 8, 2003