Anyone else having problems getting a Welcome Pack out of Microsoft ???

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by KiwiBJ, Apr 11, 2006.

  1. KiwiBJ

    KiwiBJ Guest

    Anyone else having problems getting a Welcome Pack out of Microsoft ???

    I passed my MCSA 2003 September 29th last year and requested the Welcome
    pack on the 30th, according to MS they have sent me 3 packs since then, none
    of which have arrived, it feels like I have emailed & spoken to everyone
    expect Bill and still no welcome pack, it has now been 21 weeks & counting,
    looks like it's going to be 6 months.

    I have received my MCP & MCDST packs previously, with no problems within the
    8 weeks.

    It certainly doesn't encourage me to spend the money, time & effort studying
    other MS certs.

    The saga continues, after 6 months a welcome pack arrives, but unfortunately
    it is not mine it is for a gentleman in Bolivia and is an MCP pack not
    MCSA.........looks like Microsoft will have to fly me to Bolivia to exchange
    packs with my MCP friend there.......

    KiwiBJ, Apr 11, 2006

  2. Re: Anyone else having problems getting a Welcome Pack out of Microsoft???

    KiwiBJ wrote:
    > Anyone else having problems getting a Welcome Pack out of Microsoft ???
    >
    > I passed my MCSA 2003 September 29th last year and requested the Welcome
    > pack on the 30th, according to MS they have sent me 3 packs since then, none
    > of which have arrived, it feels like I have emailed & spoken to everyone
    > expect Bill and still no welcome pack, it has now been 21 weeks & counting,
    > looks like it's going to be 6 months.
    >
    > I have received my MCP & MCDST packs previously, with no problems within the
    > 8 weeks.
    >
    > It certainly doesn't encourage me to spend the money, time & effort studying
    > other MS certs.
    >
    > The saga continues, after 6 months a welcome pack arrives, but unfortunately
    > it is not mine it is for a gentleman in Bolivia and is an MCP pack not
    > MCSA.........looks like Microsoft will have to fly me to Bolivia to exchange
    > packs with my MCP friend there.......

    I haven't received mine . . . But it has only been 3 weeks not 6 months

    McKinley Morganfield, Apr 11, 2006

  3. Re: Anyone else having problems getting a Welcome Pack out of Microsoft???

    KiwiBJ wrote:
    > Anyone else having problems getting a Welcome Pack out of Microsoft ???
    >
    > I passed my MCSA 2003 September 29th last year and requested the Welcome
    > pack on the 30th, according to MS they have sent me 3 packs since then, none
    > of which have arrived, it feels like I have emailed & spoken to everyone
    > expect Bill and still no welcome pack, it has now been 21 weeks & counting,
    > looks like it's going to be 6 months.
    >
    > I have received my MCP & MCDST packs previously, with no problems within the
    > 8 weeks.
    >
    > It certainly doesn't encourage me to spend the money, time & effort studying
    > other MS certs.
    >
    > The saga continues, after 6 months a welcome pack arrives, but unfortunately
    > it is not mine it is for a gentleman in Bolivia and is an MCP pack not
    > MCSA.........looks like Microsoft will have to fly me to Bolivia to exchange
    > packs with my MCP friend there.......

    Got it today. what a coincidence . . .

    McKinley Morganfield, Apr 12, 2006
  4. KiwiBJ

    QBob Guest

    Email Help at M$ and let them know the situation, with all the detailed
    information. I included the previous three emails in the last one I sent to
    them. They will send you a certified packet with a trace on it. It still
    took mine about 8 weeks to get to me after they sent the traced packet, but
    I finally got it. HTH!

    QBob, Apr 12, 2006
  5. KiwiBJ

    snoopy Guest

    Thanks QBob,

    Been there, done that. That's how I got the wrong one that should have gone
    to Bolivia. I couldn't complain about the delivery time 4 days Singapore to
    New Zealand, excellent service DHL, but unfortunately the wrong one was
    sent.

    The latest is, a new (hopefully) correct pack is being dispatched, ETA 10
    days but I still haven't received a tracking number.

    I was advised by MS Help to use the online printout, which I have been for
    the last 6 months, but surely that is not the point.
    I was also asked to confirm my delivery address, this after they had been
    told that I had received an incorrect pack.
    LMAO.............

    snoopy, Apr 13, 2006
  6. KiwiBJ

    KiwiBJ Guest

    an update, I have just finally received my Welcome Pack which is great after
    7mths, but unfortunately in the same parcel I also received a Mr Thomas
    Hamann's welcome pack, so Thomas if you are waiting on a Welcome pack, ask
    for another, as yours is in New Zealand & I'm not paying the freight for
    it's return...

    is this a joke or what ?

    KiwiBJ, Apr 24, 2006